Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

splash POC rehabs

The recent mice age article is saying both rides will be going into rehab in Jan. Does anyone know when or how long? It is not posted anywhere else that I can find. Is this just a rumour like Monstroplis? Or Is it set in stone? Didn't POC go down for a extended refurb last year? Why wouldn't it have been OSHA fixed then?

• Minion

Re: splash POC rehabs

I would take the rumor with a grain of salt until it is announced.

• Indiana Scott

If that's true then it will be at least another year before our family returns.

• Chief Troublemaker

Well, that would stink to have 2 of the major rides in that part of DL shut down at the same time! Since I'm going in February, I guess I'd be OK if Splash was closed since it can be cool-ish and I can always get my soaking on GRR if I feel the need (LOL). I sure hope they don't close them both. Splash, POTC, and BTMRR are my favorite rides. I'd hate to have 2 out of the 3 closed.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Indiana Scott

OTOH, It doesn't sound like so much a refurb as it is for installing the safety railing or what ever Cal/OSHA wants. That shouldn't mean a lengthy down time.

• The doctor is in

If the MiceAge rumors are true, those are a lot of rides to close at the same time. After the holidays are over they will have until March 20th to complete "winter refurbs" seeing that Spring starts then and they will be at peak Spring Break crowds. Potentially closing down Pirates, Splash Mountain, Soarin' Over California, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, and Alice in Wonderland at or around the same time is a bit devastating to guests. I was planning a trip in February and am now reconsidering because I don't want to risk not having Pirates and Mr. Toad in addition to missing out on Thunder Mountain yet again. It would suck having Splash closed, but I could deal with that a lot better than I could if I couldn't ride Pirates and/or Mr. Toad.

If they wanted all these refurbs I feel like they should have started them this year. That is a lot of pressure and inevitable disappointment.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Heavy Breather

I think it's the better time to have them down before the Spring Break and Easter crowds.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    If the MiceAge rumors are true, those are a lot of rides to close at the same time. After the holidays are over they will have until March 20th to complete "winter refurbs" seeing that Spring starts then and they will be at peak Spring Break crowds. Potentially closing down Pirates, Splash Mountain, Soarin' Over California, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, and Alice in Wonderland at or around the same time is a bit devastating to guests. I was planning a trip in February and am now reconsidering because I don't want to risk not having Pirates and Mr. Toad in addition to missing out on Thunder Mountain yet again. It would suck having Splash closed, but I could deal with that a lot better than I could if I couldn't ride Pirates and/or Mr. Toad.

If they wanted all these refurbs I feel like they should have started them this year. That is a lot of pressure and inevitable disappointment.
    I think the article said that Toad and Pan were going down after Alice reopens.

• The doctor is in

They could have done the safety refurbs in between the Halloween and Thanksgiving rush, though. Especially if they don't take very long. I understand going in such an off-season time is risky due to closures, but that is a lot of potential closures. Way too many to try and cram into a 2-3 month period, imo. Not to mention the fact that Haunted Mansion and Small World go down after the holidays are over. That is a total of 9 refurbs planned from the second week of January through the third week of March.

Plus, random and unexpected ride closures are a risk as well. An example could be if Pirates, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan are all closed for refurbs and Indiana Jones breaks down for days on end (which it does). That is four major attractions gone.
    Last edited by DrFink; 11-13-2013 at 07:42 AM.

• MaliBOOMer

I'll be going for Spring Break in late March so I hope at least Splash is up by then.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• The doctor is in

I'm sure they will try and get the major rides done by Spring Break. Thus the reason the rumors are the rush for "winter" refurbs.

Quote Originally Posted by willdoo View Post
    The recent mice age article is saying both rides will be going into rehab in Jan. Does anyone know when or how long? It is not posted anywhere else that I can find. Is this just a rumour like Monstroplis? Or Is it set in stone? Didn't POC go down for a extended refurb last year? Why wouldn't it have been OSHA fixed then?
    Yes they are both expected to be closed for an extended period of time. Splash is completely revamping the character inside as DL has finally taken a cue from the DVD side and realized that Song of the South is racist, POTC will has to remove any thing that might objectify women or promote violence. So no more sale of brides and all guns will be removed.

If you are going to start a rumor, you have to do it right..

• Indiana Scott

Song of the South your music
    weaves a magic spell
    Song of the South, I see
    the scenes I know so well
    Cottonwoods in blossom
    over my cabin door
    Pale moonlight on a field of white
    You bring them back once more

I seem to hear those gentle
    voices calling low
    Out of the long long ago
    This heart of mine is in the heart of Dixie
    That's where I belong
    Singing a song, a Song of the South.

The sheet music version of "Song of the South"
    also contains this additional verse:
    I hear the murmer of the south wind
    And feel a half-remembered thrill
    Plaintive echoes faintly clinging,
    An old plantation air still ringing.

Mackster, I don't see anything "racist" there.
    Can we have the source of this info?

ScottG: I believe his line at the bottom of his post with the smiley face implied that he is not serious with his comments.

• Indiana Scott

Ah, then I guess it's wise to disregard any further posts by him. Permanently.
    Last edited by ScottG; 11-13-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast