• Singing Drinker

Mark Twain at DCA?

As in, where is he?

His namesake may still ply the RoA, but his creation's Island has long gone the way of Sparrows.

He's known for a few locations in his life - grew up in Missouri, piloted a boat before the outbreak of the Civil War even. Eventually traveled the world and settled down in the East.

But before that he was a Californian. You could almost call him THE Californian from the period. He came over with the silver rush in Nevada, drifted into the Sierras for the gold rush, experienced life in the hills in nearly every kind of way possible and eventually even launched his lecturing career in San Francisco that would eventually lead to his writing career. A few of his books - Roughing It specifically - and MANY of his short stories are the backbone of California history.

So.

Where is he?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Mark Twain at DCA?

I could go with that. Maybe they could have a 'celebrated jumping frog' ride over near GRR or that Redwood Trail I've never visited.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I could go with that. Maybe they could have a 'celebrated jumping frog' ride over near GRR or that Redwood Trail I've never visited.
    Isn't the waterfall by GRR called "Frog Jump Falls"?

• Singing Drinker

I'd even be OK with a "Gold Rush" ride. Go with stupid comedic miner tropes - odds are he probably wrote or wrote about a healthy percentage of them anyway.

I keep seeing a flume ride, but I'm pretty sure that's been done for the "western expansion" thing, something about going to a jamboree...
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.