Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mickeyfan3

DL Pat E. Cake Birthday celebration question

Has anyone done the birthday party at the Plaza Inn w/ Pat E. Cake? My sons birthday (and mine) was last week, and we're going next week prior to my niece's birthday. They're charging $10/per person (whether you're an honoree or not) so wondering if it's worth it for a 9 & 3 year old....obviously we can't send them in alone, but we'd like to be there for pictures.....thanks!

• done

Re: DL Pat E. Cake Birthday celebration question

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeyfan3
    Has anyone done the birthday party at the Plaza Inn w/ Pat E. Cake? My sons birthday (and mine) was last week, and we're going next week prior to my niece's birthday. They're charging $10/per person (whether you're an honoree or not) so wondering if it's worth it for a 9 & 3 year old....obviously we can't send them in alone, but we'd like to be there for pictures.....thanks!
    Well, whether it's worth it is an individual opinion. I've done it a few times and have always enjoyed it.

This is info from my visit on July 17, 2002.

Our last visit was on July 17 last year, when it had been moved to Big Thunder Ranch for the day. Go to this link and scroll down to the second and third pictures/

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Most of us did it for MC's 1 year anniversary party. Most of us enjoyed it, and it's very cute. Obviously, I'm NOT in the target demographic (19), but I think that your kids will enjoy it.
    -Monorail Man

• Give Peace a Chance

My friends took me for my birthday 2 years ago (just a girls day at DL) though we would probably not do it again, as we are all certainly well over the legal age limit here in Ca. It was a lot of fun and we had a great time. I even got in line to have my picture taken with Mickey!
    You will love being with and seeing your children have fun!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

Some other fun Birthday things you can do for free is get a Birthday Sticker and a Phone call from Goofy in City Hall. The sticker will sometimes get you a little special treatment as well, such as whole pack of tortillas at the factory tour in DCA, and some Birthday wishes from CM's that see the sticker. From what others have posted they are not handing out the Driver's License cards at Autopia where you can win the toy car, but when we went in July during my daughters BD the CM handing them out saw her sticker and looked for the winning card to hand her. Mouseplanet has an article about other BD stuff as well.

• With my wife....

Don't expect much out of those cakes, though. They were quite nasty! I guess you pay for the show, not the flavor. Fastpassmountain actually claims they tasted like "satan".

Don't know how he knows what satan tastes like, but hey, you get the picture.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Mickeyfan3: You touched on a problem with the "celebration." It seems that everyone has to pay their $10. If it's any consilation, they give you a plastic juice cup, too. I think the party lasts around 30 minutes, so it's not a great deal, but it is a lot of fun.

E-Ticket: The Quote is actually from O-Nut commenting on my original post about the cake experience.

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Don't expect much out of those cakes, though. They were quite nasty! I guess you pay for the show, not the flavor. Fastpassmountain actually claims they tasted like "satan".

Don't know how he knows what satan tastes like, but hey, you get the picture.

• Misses Disneyland

I did it for my 22nd, since I didn't know then that it was so kiddish. If your 9 y/o is a boy he might even think it's lame. I wanted to slap Pat E. Cake for being such a dork. Cake sucked, entertainment sucked. The best part was getting a pic with Mickey and Minnie together (and we were told this is the only place you can do this), but then we had to pay like $10 a sheet for the pictures. I dunno, for 4 of you that gonna be $50 bucks, I would take them to the Bayou instead. I ordered the birthday bucket at my dinner there, and it came with a pin, a Sorcerer Mickey plush key chain, some stickers and a cake. I can't remeber how much that was but at least you got some stuff to take home with you, so I felt it was better money spent. Hope that helps.

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

• Earth Intruder

Happy birthday, happy birthday happy happy birthday to you!

(Yes, this song will stick in your head longer than Small World.... just a warning!)

HAPPY BIR.......er........*sigh*
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    but then we had to pay like $10 a sheet for the pictures.
    Or you could have just taken your own picture...

• Basking in birthday love

You can get the birthday buckets other places; my boyfriend got me the Buzz Lightyear one from Blue Ribbon Bakery this summer. It's very cute and the cake is yummy. But yes, make sure you do get birthday stickers all around, it's lots of fun.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Brrr...its cold out there

oh no...that song again !! I finally got it out of my head from last weekend !! LOL !

• Misses Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Or you could have just taken your own picture...
    They didn't tell us we could?!!?!?!

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

• insufferable know-it-all

You know what... do it once. It's worth doing once (and I've done it twice! Eep!)

You will most likely have a great time, for as little as it costs. Personally, I thought the Pat E. Cake we had on the micechat birthday was excellent (especially as he seemed to know a lot of really obscure references).

Who cares if the cake is so-so? (it's extra solid so kids can successfully ice it) Your kids won't remember how it tastes so much as the fact that they decorated it themselves with Mickey sprinkles. You can save one of the hats (once the elastic inevitably slips out of the scotch tape holding it on), and put it in your scrapbook with a picture of the kids in them, and have a wonderful memory.

I'm not saying hinge your whole day upon the failure or success of this one event, but I do think you'll enjoy it, or at least the kids will. Think of it as paying $10 for a chance to actually interact with Mickey, not just stand in line for his autograph. The kids get to do a conga line with Mickey, AND get the usual hug, photo, autograph. It's less scripted than when you see him in Toontown, and it's less chaotic than when you run into him on the street.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

Is Pat E. Cake still working at Disneyland? I think they fired him, cause I just bought his nametag on eBay:

Check item # 6599989460 if you don't believe me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast