Question EV charging station?

Hi guys. I have a hybrid plug in car and I'm heading to the resort on Saturday. Does any one know if Mickey and Friends or the Toy Story lot have charging stations? And if they do, are they free or do you have to pay? Do you have to bring your own cord? Thanks for any help!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: EV charging station?

According to Disney, unfortunately, "There are currently no EV charging ports in the parking lots."
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Quote Originally Posted by ratoncitaloca View Post
    Hi guys. I have a hybrid plug in car and I'm heading to the resort on Saturday. Does any one know if Mickey and Friends or the Toy Story lot have charging stations? And if they do, are they free or do you have to pay? Do you have to bring your own cord? Thanks for any help!
    Why would you want one with a plug-in hybrid? What a pain it would be to go back to the garage to unplug it when your charge is complete to free up the spot for someone else. I hope you are not suggesting you'd just leave it there after the charge completes. That's a big no-no for vehicle charging etiquette.

(Full disclosure, I have two fully electric cars... no gas at all for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyAaron View Post
    Why would you want one with a plug-in hybrid? What a pain it would be to go back to the garage to unplug it when your charge is complete to free up the spot for someone else. I hope you are not suggesting you'd just leave it there after the charge completes. That's a big no-no for vehicle charging etiquette.

(Full disclosure, I have two fully electric cars... no gas at all for me.)
    What IS the etiquette? I never really thought about this. There is a Tesla dealer in a shopping mall near me. They have a four car parking lot (in a parking structure) where they have chargers. I suppose the car tells you how long a charge will take and you plan accordingly. But what happens if you can't get back in time? Is it "okay" for another car owner to unplug from your car and use it themselves?

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I know with some of the newer hybrids they just need an adapter to plug into a regular wall socket which the M&F structured is lined with them on the inner walls. I don't know how well that it charge though.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    What IS the etiquette? I never really thought about this. There is a Tesla dealer in a shopping mall near me. They have a four car parking lot (in a parking structure) where they have chargers. I suppose the car tells you how long a charge will take and you plan accordingly. But what happens if you can't get back in time? Is it "okay" for another car owner to unplug from your car and use it themselves?
    Most electric cars have a charge indicator. If an electric car indicates a full charge, then unplugging is fine. Most of the electric cars will notify the owner via e-mail and/or text message when the charge is complete, so that you know when to move the car. But you usually have a pretty good idea how long it will take when plugging in in the first place anyway.

Another good thing for EV owners to do is to place contact information in the windshield, indicating expected charge completion time, and a way to reach them should they need the charger.

There are plenty of etiquette guides online a short google away for more information.

As for your specific example of the Tesla charge points in the mall, do keep in mind that those are *private*, not public charge points. They are owned, operated, and paid for by Tesla. Those would have different rules, of course. For private charge points, obviously ask before plugging in! Though private charge point owners do tend to be a sharing bunch. (The actual costs of charging a car are very modest.)

I have seen a car plugged-in in the Chip & Dale section of the garage along the North wall right next to the motorcycle parking.

• Of Two Minds, or More

I saw about five Fiats plugged in at Mickey and Friends. They were on the top level on the up-ramp side. They were all plugged into a standard wall socket. There was one in each section. I'm not sure how they did it, but it was definitely going on.

Thanks! My car does plug in to a normal outlet. I don't want to be sneaky and just plug in, I was just hoping there was a way to do it that is endorsed by Disney.

• I must say!

Folks might want to add a comment to this blog post about Disney's environmental practices at Disneyland:
    VIDEO: Disney’s Environmentality at the Disneyland Resort « Disney Parks Blog

• Selfie Expert

I do not have an EV so I'm totally clueless, but do some businesses not appreciate people plugging their cars into their outlets? Isn't that kind of like siphoning electricity?

Not trying to troll or anything! I am totally ignorant on how much electricity it uses, the "etiquette" of it all, etc.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List