View Poll Results: Should Lassetter remake Winnie the Pooh to resemble Tokyo's version?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Remake it now! Exact copy please!

25 36.23%
  • Maybe, only if they use the same technology, but different story

20 28.99%
  • No! Its good enough as is

5 7.25%
  • Keep it as is, and make a new, original ride using that technology

19 27.54%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winnie the Pooh

• Minion

Re: Winnie the Pooh

OH GOD .. I'LL TAKE THE MISADVENTURES OF POOH .. before I put up with that purple rodent belching out chili dog smells!! Anyday!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    (Personally, I'd like to see Disney sell $1 billion in bonds and take the money and plow it in to DCA (or plow DCA under -- whichever is easiest).
    If the latter, they could set up a heavy construction equipment training facility, emphasizing wrecking balls and bulldozers.

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    OH GOD .. I'LL TAKE THE MISADVENTURES OF POOH .. before I put up with that purple rodent belching out chili dog smells!! Anyday!
    I thought he was blue .....

Back on topic, I think Pooh "as is" is good enough, or maybe it needs a little "plussing", but not a major re-do. I would rather see an additional new ride, utilizing the new technology.....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Where was the option above to send Pooh back to WDW and bring back country bears? mmmmmm?

WE WANT COUNTRY BEARS!
    WE WANT COUNTRY BEARS!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Back on topic, I think Pooh "as is" is good enough, or maybe it needs a little "plussing", but not a major re-do. I would rather see an additional new ride, utilizing the new technology.....
    My thoughts exactly.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

The wdw version cars seemed to have more bounce when it was a bouncing. The dl version only seems to have the floating on a river version(which the wdw version has also.) Never been to tokyo but it sound a lot of fun. Improvements i would make, Get rid of the cutouts, they are pathetic and lame, put in vehicles that have more bounce and ones that hopefully spin, Bring the honeypot vehicles they look much nicer(i know it will lose capacity but since no one goes on it anyway why would this matter) Also get rid of the cardboard cutouts on buzz while they are at it(there are a few but at least there are 3d figures). The trackless tech sounds fun put it in a ride somewhere. and in the future never do rides in pressler harriss style again(pooh disneyland). If you are going to clone a ride then do it right(tot, pooh[disneyland]).

• Up is Down

for all who havent viewed the video do it! I am one that sort of likes the Pooh ride it is a nice ride when you are tired, it is nice to sit on for a few since you can just walk on it.... but it does feel cheap.... and when you watch that video it shows how cheap it is.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• For You!

After seeing the Tokyo ride - yes it is cute. But my kids absolutely love the Winnie the Pooh ride. And the fact that there's not much of a line ever is even better! My 4 year old says it's his favorite, and that's good enough for me. I like the rumbly cars and it's a nice easy ride - the wind is great for after Splash Mountain! Not everything in Disneyland needs to be designed for thrills - a few rides can be cute and easy and enjoyable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123