View Poll Results: Should Lassetter remake Winnie the Pooh to resemble Tokyo's version?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Remake it now! Exact copy please!

25 36.23%
  • Maybe, only if they use the same technology, but different story

20 28.99%
  • No! Its good enough as is

5 7.25%
  • Keep it as is, and make a new, original ride using that technology

19 27.54%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winnie the Pooh

Winnie the Pooh

Now that Lassetter is heading into a position of creativity for the Disney parks, what do you guys think the probability (if any) is that Pooh in critter country, which never has a line, even on the busiest of days, will be remade into something that is at least somewhat comparable to the awsome Pooh ride we see in Tokyo? Or do you even think it should be remade?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Winnie the Pooh

Maybe someday the ride will be re-done, but I doubt that is on the top of Lassiters "To Do" list at the moment.

It would be amazing if the ride was as good as Tokyo's, but for the time being (I'm almost ashamed to say) it's good enough as it is.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

We also have to remember that we have completely different standards that the Japanese. So just because the Pooh ride is successful in Japan does not mean that a copy of the Tokyo ride will be successful here in America.

• Banned User

i think you are giving the guy more credit than what he deserves. He isn't running wdi, he is consulting. and why have an exact copy of any ride? I hate clones. what makes people want to go to other parks is to ride rides they can't get at their local park.

• Huh?

They could always bring back something that brought in bigger attendance, like the Country Bears...
    -Tim

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    We also have to remember that we have completely different standards from the Japanese. So just because the Pooh ride is successful in Japan does not mean that a copy of the Tokyo ride will be successful here in America.
    Is this why we have such a crappy Pooh attraction now?
    Our standards might be "different," but what we have is not successful.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    We also have to remember that we have completely different standards that the Japanese. So just because the Pooh ride is successful in Japan does not mean that a copy of the Tokyo ride will be successful here in America.
    BLAB is a copy of the one in Japan -- look how successful that is! If they were doing one of the weirder things of Japanese tastes, I could see the point. But I'm sure something based on the Japan ride would've done much better.
    -Tim

It is fine the way it is for now. Just because some of us go to the parks all the time, and may be ready for a refurb or two, we can't forget that there are some people out there who have not been on it yet. A refurb is not in the near future. Instead of focusing money on a dark ride, wouldn't you rather have the money go towards having a great firework show after the 50th celebration? Or how about money to design another great show for the hyperion or fantasyland theater? Just my opinion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Is this why we have such a crappy Pooh attraction now?
    Our standards might be "different," but what we have is not successful.
    No that is because who ever made the ride thought only of profit. I agree it ain't successful. Never said it was .

• Minion FOREVER!

Easily "none of above"!

They should/could implement something even better! It's already a "been there
    done that" technology-wise.

Ex. they could do a RFID honeypot cards that you insert in the ride vehicle that
    tells it that you've
    seen a particular version of the ride and go to a completely different version. You
    get a particular version/sequence story EACH TIME! Enough to go thru all the Pooh stories....

But I agree that it pretty low on things to fix. (DCA & TL are higher IMHO).

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that this is top priority or Lassetter or anyone in the Disney organization, I know that there are many more pressing issues at hand. I was just wondering if people would like to see it redone at some point down the road. Perhaps after placemaking is done in DCA and TL issues have been addressed? So maybe by 2010?ish? By this time we will already know how influential Lassetter will be in WDI, find out what his priorities are, etc, and maybe a ride that by this time will be approx. 10 years old will be due for a face-life? I'm just daydreamin here lol
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• ...TWO BITS!

Disney should make 3 dimensional scenes for the Pooh ride.

Then put the trackless ride tech into something else. My thought, make it a Toontown attraction. I have an idea for it, but I won't post it.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    They could always bring back something that brought in bigger attendance, like the Country Bears...

Pooh TDL (the one with no tracks and wireless cars) has been the number one ride bringing in attendance for about 4 years. And doing it up against the new park of TDS. Country bears brings virtually no one to the parks.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Disney should make 3 dimensional scenes for the Pooh ride.

Then put the trackless ride tech into something else. My thought, make it a Toontown attraction. I have an idea for it, but I won't post it.
    Why not?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast