Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    1,413

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Yes, and it's a PAID experience. That's why it survives.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    outside Seattle
    Posts
    532

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Well, according to MiceAge, most of the decisions for things like that are made in Orlando, and at WDW, the Diamond Horseshoe is closed most of the time and only opened for special occasions. So I sadly suspect that will be the fate of our beloved Golden Horseshoe as well.
    I sure hope not! I'd rather it was open with lame entertainment than not open at all.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

  3. #18

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,158
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Well, according to MiceAge, most of the decisions for things like that are made in Orlando, and at WDW, the Diamond Horseshoe is closed most of the time and only opened for special occasions. So I sadly suspect that will be the fate of our beloved Golden Horseshoe as well.
    I think the Disneyland Entertainment Department still controls live show schedules, but killing a show would be a good way to help numbers look better if the surge of cash from the Reopening of Disney's California Adventure has started to slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Yeah but don't they have the HOOP DE DOO REVUE at Fort Wilderness?
    Even outside of the show, the Magic Kingdom could use the food service capacity of the Diamond Horseshoe beyond the pre made sandwiches that are occasionally offered.

  4. #19

    • Senior Monorail Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)
    Posts
    1,493

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Disney can't afford to close down the Golden Horseshoe itself because they simply need the food service space. Disney is maxed out on just about everything, and food is included in that.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!


  5. #20

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Disney can't afford to close down the Golden Horseshoe itself because they simply need the food service space. Disney is maxed out on just about everything, and food is included in that.
    They have the Stage Door Cafe. I don't think they would lose any money at all by closing the Golden Horseshoe. People would would have purchased food while watching the show will now go to either the Stage Door Cafe or some other park restaurant and purchase food while not watching a show. From a strictly accounting standpoint Disney loses no money in food sales while saves money in their entertainment budget.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    outside Seattle
    Posts
    532

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    They have the Stage Door Cafe. I don't think they would lose any money at all by closing the Golden Horseshoe. People would would have purchased food while watching the show will now go to either the Stage Door Cafe or some other park restaurant and purchase food while not watching a show. From a strictly accounting standpoint Disney loses no money in food sales while saves money in their entertainment budget.
    But they do need the seating for dining.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

  7. #22

    • Singing Drinker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,132

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    But they do need the seating for dining.
    "Need" is a fluid term in this case.

    During rush hours, they're capped at table seating for sure. On average though, unless you decide to eat during those rush hours it's usually possible to get a table at your restaurant of choice without too much effort. And if you're willing to eat early/late, you can usually even get relative privacy.

    Losing the Horseshoe won't likely have much of an effect on available table seating overall. There weren't that many tables, and a good chunk of the people there weren't eating anyway - they were there for the show.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  8. #23

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,158
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Disney can't afford to close down the Golden Horseshoe itself because they simply need the food service space. Disney is maxed out on just about everything, and food is included in that.
    So does the Magic Kingdom but it does not seem to stop Disney.

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Leandro
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Maybe they will add a new show with the Lone Ranger and Tonto - everyone knows that we need more movie tie-ins. - I'm just kidding - don't set me on fire or anything.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    outside Seattle
    Posts
    532

    Re: The Golden Horseshoe is BADLY in need of real entertainment

    Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    Maybe they will add a new show with the Lone Ranger and Tonto - everyone knows that we need more movie tie-ins. - I'm just kidding - don't set me on fire or anything.
    Well okay, if they sing and dance and tell jokes.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. What was the Golden Horseshoe modeled after?
    By orbitalpunk in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 12:01 AM
  2. Disneyland Memory - My Moment on Stage at the Golden Horseshoe
    By Disneyphile in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 08:54 PM
  3. Restoring Walt Disney’s Disneyland: The Golden Horseshoe Revue
    By OogieBoogie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 07:53 PM
  4. Mayor Show in front of the Golden Horseshoe
    By Fireman Mickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 08:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •