Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

Premier Annual Pass Question

Does anyone know if the Premier AP's being issued at DLR have the RFID chip in them like WDW? I had to exchange my PAP at WDW to get one with a chip (so it works with the Magic Band readers at the parks). Now my PAP needs to be replaced because the printing is wearing off and they have trouble getting the info for discounts. I won't be going to WDW until next month but would like to get my AP replaced now so it isn't a problem. But I would hate to have to replace it again next month.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• Minion

Re: Premier Annual Pass Question

There are no chips in the DL passes.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   

Thanks. I wish they would get their acts together. The computer systems are not connected and apparently they issue passes that are now barely useable in WDW because they have removed most of the old turnstiles. The current pass was issued in April and the printing is already wearing off. I get to stand in line here and then in a couple of weeks stand in a line there. When I come back to California I have to stand in line again so they can copy (by hand) my AP information and email it to someone who then activates the DLR system so it will work here. And it only costs $1,000 for the privilege.
    Leonard

• Rock Star Minion

Did you learn something from all this?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

We've had trouble, too, switching between parks. It seems every time we switch coasts something goes wrong with the passes. Worse yet, CMs from each coast usually blame the other coast. How hard could this really be to get right?

• Mistress of Evil

This is a common complaint with the Premier Pass. You would think they would just offer one pass for each park at this point so guests do not have to visit Guest Services each time they travel between DLR and WDW.

•   

I agree. I've had mine since they started offering them over three years ago. Things have gotten worse instead of better. The first year it took a few weeks for the info. from DLR to get into the WDW system. Then for a while if you entered your AP into both systems if you logged onto to one it would tell you to enter your AP information to see the offers and discounts. So I entered it again and the next time I logged on it would ask for the information again. When I emailed tech support they finally got back to me with their solution. I needed to logon to WDW first, then DLR would recognize my information. As ridiculous as it sounds it actually worked until they got it fixed.

I'm getting the Magic Band for my trip next month but they still cannot link Premier AP's to the reservation system so I can't take advantage of the Fastpass+ system because according to their system I don't have park admissions yet. I finally got a tech support phone number and called them. I explained what I wanted and they said they aren't supporting the Premier AP's yet as this is still in the testing phase.

Sediment- Yes. Apparently they are using the same people as the government healthcare website.
    Leonard

A recent thread on DIS Board has some valuable information:
    The Disney Premiere Passport: A Mild Rant - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    I agree. I've had mine since they started offering them over three years ago. Things have gotten worse instead of better. The first year it took a few weeks for the info. from DLR to get into the WDW system. Then for a while if you entered your AP into both systems if you logged onto to one it would tell you to enter your AP information to see the offers and discounts. So I entered it again and the next time I logged on it would ask for the information again. When I emailed tech support they finally got back to me with their solution. I needed to logon to WDW first, then DLR would recognize my information. As ridiculous as it sounds it actually worked until they got it fixed.

I'm getting the Magic Band for my trip next month but they still cannot link Premier AP's to the reservation system so I can't take advantage of the Fastpass+ system because according to their system I don't have park admissions yet. I finally got a tech support phone number and called them. I explained what I wanted and they said they aren't supporting the Premier AP's yet as this is still in the testing phase.

Sediment- Yes. Apparently they are using the same people as the government healthcare website.
    i've had the same problem, being unable to link my Premier to my WDW reservation. At least I know it's not my pass but a system problem...

Confused - We had no problems linking our Premiers to our Magic Bands - back in September.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

•   

It's hit or miss. Some people are lucky others not so much.
    Leonard

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    There are no chips in the DL passes.
    This is now incorrect. The new DL PAPs are chipped, and they send both the barcode number, and the RFID number to Florida for processing upon purchase or reprinting. Happened a few months ago, as the new pass that I got in September was one of the first chipped passes - because they forgot to write down the RFID number, and called me to ask for it.

Now that WDW only has Touchstyles, it makes sense.

This is a temporary hassle until RFID rolls out to Disneyland.
    -Monorail Man

•   

UPDATE: I went to DL and exchanged my AP. Good news to report. The AP is chipped. In addition, they now keep a list of Premier AP's which is routinely sent to WDW. The Lead said that it should be active before I get back to FL. He did not give an estimate of how long that would be. So just maybe they have a system in place that actually works. I'll try to link my AP with my reservations next week to see if it works.
    Leonard

In WDW right now with my DL issued Premiere pass. There is a supervisor at all the gates and they just swipe the card through a traditional card reader. No issues at all.
    The Mur

•   

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    In WDW right now with my DL issued Premiere pass. There is a supervisor at all the gates and they just swipe the card through a traditional card reader. No issues at all.
    So you still have the old non-chip AP?
    Leonard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast