“World of Color: Winter Dreams” Kicks Off With Passholder Event And Ornament Giveaway

I called in sick today because...well I'm actually sick. I regret not going to the parks =(

Looks like APs got an ornament as part of the AP event for World of Color: Winter Dreams.

"World of Color: Winter Dreams" Kicks Off With Passholder Event And Ornament Giveaway - Disney Geekery
    10 year AP holder for Disneyland and finally just upgraded to the Premium pass!

Disney Infinity Power Discs for sale/trade.

Started the blog Disney Geekery. Hope you all check it out

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Re: “World of Color: Winter Dreams” Kicks Off With Passholder Event And Ornament Give

Wondering if anyone went this morning and can report on the lines, the experience, etc. We're going tomorrow

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Re: “World of Color: Winter Dreams” Kicks Off With Passholder Event And Ornament Give

Saw the video of the show last night, looks a lot more structured. Hopefully the original show gets some work done.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

DG, thanks for the photo of the ornament, however "amazing giveaway" seems like an overstatement

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I waited last night. the line was long, but it moved pretty quick.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Well, we went yesterday and got the ornaments and FPs, but once the time rolled around - we discovered that FPs really aren't all that special. They were herding people into roped off areas NEAR WOC which I guess provided better views, but the lines by 8 pm for the 9 pm show were WAY too long and at that point, after a FULL day of DL and DCA we said we're not standing in line for 1 hour for a 45 minute show, THAT WE HAVE TO STAND UP FOR.

So we're going to go back and see it with the dining option that gives you a seat.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwill View Post
    Well, we went yesterday and got the ornaments and FPs, but once the time rolled around - we discovered that FPs really aren't all that special. They were herding people into roped off areas NEAR WOC which I guess provided better views, but the lines by 8 pm for the 9 pm show were WAY too long and at that point, after a FULL day of DL and DCA we said we're not standing in line for 1 hour for a 45 minute show, THAT WE HAVE TO STAND UP FOR.

So we're going to go back and see it with the dining option that gives you a seat.
    Was it just a fp for one of the regular show times? The AP site lists it during the week at 7pm but the regular DCA calendar has an 815 show time so I was thinking it was a separate showing...

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Was it just a fp for one of the regular show times? The AP site lists it during the week at 7pm but the regular DCA calendar has an 815 show time so I was thinking it was a separate showing...
    The 9PM showing was reserved for APers. The times guides even have the show only scheduled for 10:15 as a result.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Yeah, I don't think I'll be going to a show with all APers again soon. We got there shortly before the official return time of 8:00pm and found that everyone was already in line! Lol And once we were let in to the viewing area, a bunch of people claimed large patches of space for the rest of their parties! It was just like everyone says!!!

The ornament is definitely not amazing, as it's not glass. It made for a cute souvenir, though.

The show itself was great. A little disjointed, but still quite good.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be going to a show with all APers again soon. We got there shortly before the official return time of 8:00pm and found that everyone was already in line! Lol And once we were let in to the viewing area, a bunch of people claimed large patches of space for the rest of their parties! It was just like everyone says!!!
    i'm hoping it won't be as bad during the week! Was the show full?

It was full when I went on Saturday. Fast passes for the AP showing ran out by 3:30pm on Friday, 1:30pm on Saturday, and 12:30pm Sunday, according to the disneyland AP twitter feed. My show was completely full. I left my spot at about 8:30pm to buy a quick snack, and I walked by some APers who were giving a CM a hard time because it was so full that they couldn't find a place to sit (or so they said).