Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

When was the last time they couldn't provide a date 3-4 months in advance? How could it be so vague STILL?

I'm ready to book mid Feb and am going to be super bummed if in a few weeks they announce "Feb 28th"!!

I care but I don't. Love the ride but can't wait to book any longer!!!!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

I'm sure certain circumstances are preventing that from happening (aka CAL OSHA).

• world class bilge rat

A few possibilities come to mind;

1) Since calosha has found its latest gold mine, it's entirely possible that they are doing everything in their power to make life hard for DL. I've spent 39 years in the heavy construction trades; believe me, osha can indeed make a 3 month project take a whole year.

2) If structural problems were found, most likely there are a multitude of educated idiot engineers busily at work on it. And each one is mostly trying desperately to make himself look better than the rest.

3) TDC could easily be the problem here. In any number of ways......

4) All of the above.

More than likely, the main problem boils down to politics, not actual progression of hands-on work.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    A few possibilities come to mind;1) Since calosha has found its latest gold mine, it's entirely possible that they are doing everything in their power to make life hard for DL. I've spent 39 years in the heavy construction trades; believe me, osha can indeed make a 3 month project take a whole year. 2) If structural problems were found, most likely there are a multitude of educated idiot engineers busily at work on it. And each one is mostly trying desperately to make himself look better than the rest. 3) TDC could easily be the problem here. In any number of ways......4) All of the above. More than likely, the main problem boils down to politics, not actual progression of hands-on work.
    This makes perfect sense really, the state is hurtin' for money and Disney has a boat-load of it!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Having dealt with cal OSHA.....they can make life hell

• See Ya Real Soon!

I like the simple answers - they do not know.

•   
    • Minion

You know, it also might be that they don't want to box themselves into a deadline. They had a concrete date before and couldn't meet it; they might not want to disappoint anyone again by failing to meet a second date.

IMHO I feel this is better - I would much rather that they take the time they need to ensure that EVERYTHING is okay, than to try to race to meet a specific date. I can totally understand how it would be frustrating and problematic for anyone trying to book a vacation right now, though.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    You know, it also might be that they don't want to box themselves into a deadline. They had a concrete date before and couldn't meet it; they might not want to disappoint anyone again by failing to meet a second date.

IMHO I feel this is better - I would much rather that they take the time they need to ensure that EVERYTHING is okay, than to try to race to meet a specific date. I can totally understand how it would be frustrating and problematic for anyone trying to book a vacation right now, though.
    You have a good point here. By far the worst hazard I face on any job is being rushed. Reasonable deadlines are just that; reasonable. I really wish I'd see just one sometime......

Lol.

And even if the deadline were to be reasonable, some idiot with more power than brains would move it up to the point of impossible.

I'd much rather see a delayed opening than on time with endless breakdowns due to overly rushed construction.

• Senior Monorail Minion

People making CalOSHA comments should probably be knowledgable enough to know that Disney is making these changes voluntarily and are not being fined...

But it sounds better...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Not the Hawkguy

Part of it is the original rework was designed and planned around before the new OSHA regulations came out. Disney is going back in now and redoing work so that they can bring the ride up to new OSHA standards. It's a voluntary thing, but really a good move on their part to get ahead of this before the fines really come.

• Mistress of Evil

The DLR Media page has an opening date of 2/15/2014 listed.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    People making CalOSHA comments should probably be knowledgable enough to know that Disney is making these changes voluntarily and are not being fined...

But it sounds better...
    The guy that fell off of Space Mountain resulted in a proposed fine of $234,850 against Disney. (By the way, this is roughly Bob Igers pay for one month.....)

From my experience, this fine was very likely reduced to somewhere around $50,000 to $75,000.

This is just one example, I bet there are more.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    The DLR Media page has an opening date of 2/15/2014 listed.
    I searched. Do you have a link?

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post

But it sounds better...
    I highly doubt they are "voluntarily" making Cal OSHA changes. More like making these changes in order NOT to be fined.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    This^

There is little upside to announcing a definite date and nearly a million reasons not to
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast