Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: You've just boarded Pirates...

I love it, except that the food always smells so good that it makes me hungry for the rest of the ride. I don't look at the people so much because I personally wouldn't want people on the ride looking at me while I'm eating, but I love the Japanese lanterns that they have strung up above the dining area.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I love it, except that the food always smells so good that it makes me hungry for the rest of the ride.

I know it distracts some people. One time I was seated by the edge of the restaurant and some teens passing by in the boats were yelling at us to "pass the salt." One guy said it repeatedly, maybe five or six times really loud and then someone else in the boat yelled at him to "SHUT UP!" That got a big smile out of me, priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    As you drift through the Blue Bayou lagoon, do you pay any attention to the restaurant? Is it clashing with the scenery and tranquility on the left side of the boat for you? Our setting that seems to be more secluded than what we're seeing to the right.

Were we ever supposed to notice the restaurant or are we "somewhere else", with an invisible wall separating the bayou and the restaurant?
    I think it is supposed to be almost unnoticed by riders. That is the reason it is on the inside of the curve and not the outside. If it were swapped with the bayou scenery you couldn't ignore it and I can't imagine anyway that they would have expected you to. But because it is on the inside of the curve and you are hit with so many other things on the outside of the curve I don't think you were expected to really see or focus on it.

• formerly very helpful

I don't think it's supposed to go unnoticed so much, since it is clearly there, but I think the subtlety of it just being there without any big attention called to it just adds to its charm. It helps make the attraction seem like a living place with lots of people doing their own thing as part of that world, but not a main focus of the attraction.

does that make sense?

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    I know it distracts some people. One time I was seated by the edge of the restaurant and some teens passing by in the boats were yelling at us to "pass the salt." One guy said it repeatedly, maybe five or six times really loud and then someone else in the boat yelled at him to "SHUT UP!" That got a big smile out of me, priceless.
    Because stuff is always funnier when repeated loudly at least 5-6 times. Comedy rule.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Singing Drinker

Personally, I ignore it. I'm not fond of BB's food, so the smell's not something comforting or attractive to me - and I get a little... testy... being forced to listen to people eat, so I just ignore everything on my right and watch the gators in the swamp on the "ride" side of the room.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Because stuff is always funnier when repeated loudly at least 5-6 times. Comedy rule.

* *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Love that the BB is there.....although echoing a previous poster I would like to see less tables.

----
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    As you drift through the Blue Bayou lagoon, do you pay any attention to the restaurant? Is it clashing with the scenery and tranquility on the left side of the boat for you? Our setting that seems to be more secluded than what we're seeing to the right.

Were we ever supposed to notice the restaurant or are we "somewhere else", with an invisible wall separating the bayou and the restaurant?
    I've almost never looked at it when I board. When I've done it, it seems to fit the scenery so well I don't care it's there. I love the Blue Bayou to pieces, it's the best dinner experience in the entire park, IMHO.

They have to put something over on the right side of the boats. If it has to be a restaurant, they could have done worse then the Blue Bayou. I have never noticed it as a distraction.

At this point, I'm ecstatic if is there isn't a person taking flash pictures on the ride.
    "Nice work, pal"

Having the BB share the room is pretty fantastic and a bit of genius. Big wins for both the ride and the restaurant.

Any other rides that could benefit from this sort of thing? Putting a restaurant in Aladdin's dead space and opening it up to the JC? Something in the upper floors of the HM? (what is in the upper floors of the HM, anyway?)

• formerly very helpful

I kind of get that vibe when I eat at the Rancho del Zocalo. I always try to get a table overlooking Big Thunder. Same with Hingry Bear and the river. Jungle cruise would be cool, but only the very end. It wouldn't be much of a mysterious jungle if there was a restaurant there.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Aladdin's Restaurant aka Tahitian Terrace IS at the end.

• formerly very helpful

But can you actually see part of the ride from there?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast