Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: You've just boarded Pirates...

It must be behind that big wall when you come around the corner up to the dock. Take out that wall and Aladdin's would open right out to the river.

• formerly very helpful

That's my point. Since you can't see the ride from their, or vice versa, it doesn't count. It's like how Jolly Holiday Bakery also flanks the Jungle Cruise (back of building) but they don't really interact with each other.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Yes, a 8" retaining wall between the tables and the water - that's exactly the same thing as the store rooms behind Main Street and the service road that separate them from the wind break trees that preceded Disneyland (behind City Hall) which are all east of the beginning of the Jungle Cruise.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    It must be behind that big wall when you come around the corner up to the dock. Take out that wall and Aladdin's would open right out to the river.
    Yup, and as anyone who visited the park as late as the 1990's remembers - this location was Tahitian Terrace before that, and things were less walled off and the restaurant 'interacted' quite well in its 'tropical' Adventureland setting. Now it clashes, it's the only part of the land that's 'arid' and the exotic menu of the Aladdin restaurant doomed what had been a successful and popular, beloved Polynesian luau.

• Minion

I'm goin' to Disneyland!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Yup, and as anyone who visited the park as late as the 1990's remembers - this location was Tahitian Terrace before that, and things were less walled off and the restaurant 'interacted' quite well in its 'tropical' Adventureland setting. Now it clashes, it's the only part of the land that's 'arid' and the exotic menu of the Aladdin restaurant doomed what had been a successful and popular, beloved Polynesian luau.
    Yep

People stop the madness!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Former Churro Jockey

I'm sure Disney is pretty hesitant to add a restaurant to a ride because it can compromise the integrity of the ride itself too easily. Even at WDW which is significantly larger, they don't have anything quite like Blue Bayou. The have the Coral Reef which is a fully enclosed restaurant that is inside a giagantic aquarium (if I'm not mistaken, I believe it was the worlds largest for a time), and they have the Mexican restaurant inside of the Mexico Pavillion adjacent to the volcano for the river of time ride, but neither one is as awesome as Blue Bayou actually being a part of a ride.

Besides, we already have every new ride exiting into a gift shop. Are you sure you want Disney to go down that road? Once they figure out they can charge $10 extra for each food item just because the restaurant is inside of a ride...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They're making zero with only an occasional meet and greet.

Its usually closed when I breeze by.

But I still have the menu from Tahitian Terrace, which I liked better than any Disney restaurant even Blue Bayou.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Yep

People stop the madness!

June of 1979, after a wonderful day at the park my family and I are in line for the Jungle Cruise. The drums were beating from the nearby Tahitian Terrace, the air was mild and sweet, my family was discussing the upcoming boat adventure.......and then something happened; a feeling of elation, of total happiness/comfort/safety/excitement and probably another 30 positive feelings that mere adjectives can't do justice suddenly came over me....

In short, it was the happiest single moment of my childhood and it occurred in a queue
    Nice!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I kind of get that vibe when I eat at the Rancho del Zocalo. I always try to get a table overlooking Big Thunder. Same with Hingry Bear and the river. Jungle cruise would be cool, but only the very end. It wouldn't be much of a mysterious jungle if there was a restaurant there.
    Tahitian Terrace and Jungle Cruise worked together like that.

• Minion

I want to eat at the Blue Bayou just so I can throw an ice cube into a boat and look away.

They should have a boat full of live pirates every now and then, who climb out of the boat and into the restaurant and take your Monte Cristo from you.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I want to eat at the Blue Bayou just so I can throw an ice cube into a boat and look away.

They should have a boat full of live pirates every now and then, who climb out of the boat and into the restaurant and take your Monte Cristo from you.
    "YAAAR! Overly indulgin' in the cholesterol ye be! SEIZE HIS FRIED GOODS BOYS! It'll be statins and broccoli for you from now on, boyo!"
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post

And charge you extra for the experience...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I always wonder why they can't keep the fireflies working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    As you drift through the Blue Bayou lagoon, do you pay any attention to the restaurant? Is it clashing with the scenery and tranquility on the left side of the boat for you? Our setting that seems to be more secluded than what we're seeing to the right.

Were we ever supposed to notice the restaurant or are we "somewhere else", with an invisible wall separating the bayou and the restaurant?
    Not in the least. I consider the restaurant to be an integral part of the ride experience.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast