Thread: New Years Eve?

• One Little Spark...

New Years Eve?

Hey everyone!

I've always wanted to go to Disneyland on New Years Eve but have never tempted due to the insane crowds. This year I think I'm going to bite the bullet and give it a shot. For those who have gone in the past on New Years, is it really... truly worth going? Or are the crowds so bad that you are gridlocked everywhere and want to pull your hair out? I prefer honest responses since I can always do something else for New Years.

Re: New Years Eve?

I recommend DCA for NYE. It either reaches capacity later or not at all, there's alcohol, the Mad T Party, fireworks plus colorful fountains set to modern music and then a full WoC. You get fast passes to the midnight show in the morning so you don't have to camp out all day. Every time I've crossed over to Disneyland, I find that it's packed and dead over there --
    people just sleeping on blankets all over the hub. And the fireworks show over there is a bit fuddy-duddy for me.

• One Little Spark...

I have also thought about DCA after seeing the videos of NYE WoC. Very impressive!

Thank you for the advice!

I did it for the first time last year and plan on going again this year. If you expecting a typical hit every ride trip, then you will be disappointed. Use fastpasses and do all of the non E-Ticket things and you will have a blast. The vibe of the whole resort on NYE was a lot more fun than I expected.

We went in with an expectation that the trip was more about being there and not hitting every ride and had a blast.

DL was INSANE with the amount of people but DCA wasn't any worse than a typical busy day.

It'll be busy but you'll really appreciate the wider pathways/parade route at DCA compared to D-land. It doesn't feel so crammed. I've done it for 3 years now, and I've always enjoyed it. Enough to do it again, anyway.

• One Little Spark...

Yes I'm going just for the atmosphere/vibe. I don't care so much about the rides in general. Well thanks you guys! I think I might look into DCA now. I agree, the open pathways are a big plus!

Would DCA have the regular WOC or Winter Dreams? My friends and i were planning on staying in DCA for the remainder of the night as well...but if it's Winter Dreams it might not be worth it for us.

• 2013-14 Premium APer

We went on December 31, 2009 and it was a BLAST! EXTREMELY crowded though, but the fact that DL doesn't sell booze is a big selling point for me, no drunks, just happy squished people.

But it does get crowded, I mean REALLY crowded. As in you can barely move around crowded.

And having done it once, I wouldn't do it again. But yeah you should do it at least once.

Get a hotel room within walking distance of the park too, that will save you time after midnight.

• Blew By You

If there is to be a ticketed event during the holiday season, it ought to be the New Year's Eve. It used to be that way long ago and it was a really great festive event. Presently, I guess though that Disneyland will be very crowded but in a sense festive as ever. Enjoy your evening.

• Former Churro Jockey

I wouldn't, but to each his own. Some people are still able to have fun in those circumstances. I am not one of them.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I went last year and arrived in the afternoon. It was easy to get into the parking (M&F) and Disneyland, where I stayed. I jumped on BTMRR at midnight as the fireworks were exploding from Toontown, which is very close and was a great way to see them and to ring in the new year though it doesn't look like BTMRR won't be open this year.