Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• No Light, No Light

Re: Star Tours, wow!

It's not always a kid. In fact, the rebel spy has been an adult probably half the times that I've been on it. I've been the rebel spy, and so has my bf. I think it all depends on the CM, since they can agree with the random photo or choose another. Some may look for kids, and some may look for adults making unintentionally silly faces. I think it's fun and makes the whole experience more interactive.

I never really liked 1.0. I only rode it once as a kid, and there was vomit on the seat in front of me. They didn't clean it very well (or at all?) and just covered it with a tarp. It was so gross that I didn't go on the ride until I was an adult, and that was only if I was leaving Space Mountain at 11:57pm and there was time for just one more ride. There was never a line at that time. I guess I was disappointed that we never made it to Endor, or anywhere else really.

In contrast, 2.0 is great! Although, it's such a waste of time if it's the pod race and the big city (Corcasan???). Hoth and Naboo are the best.
    Last edited by The First Star; 11-20-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added my two cents re: 1.0 vs. 2.0

• Greetings, Program!

If someone's good time on this ride is dictated on whether or not they are the Rebel Spy, then the issue is not the ride.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwill View Post
    One thing to point out - the "spy" isn't necessarily someone on the ride. 'Cause I'm pretty sure that there wasn't anyone riding in a Mon Calamari costume on my last ride, and our spay was one of those Ackbar types.
    That happens when it doesn't get a good photo.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Selfie Expert

I was rebel spy. They caught me making a very grumpy face since two girls kept shouting "I'm still getting used to my programming!" Over and over and I was with friends who had never been to DL so people ruining experiences were especially annoying to me. It was pretty funny, though, when my grimacing face showed up!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by AMUSIX View Post

I do agree with you that ST1.0 had a longer final sequence, but that's because they didn't have any story to tell. Personally, I'd prefer a bit more story than just non-stop flashy lights.
    I guess that's where we disagree, I prefer a fast pace environment in a simulator experience, one that is more direct and doesn't waste my time at a standstill. I just don't feel like this ride system is the best method to tell a force fed story when there is a very limited duration requirement.

Oh, for the record, the action sequences in Star Tours are as follows:

ST1.0
    ACT I - 20 seconds
    ACT II - 35 seconds
    ACT III - 2 minutes

ST2.0
    ACT I - 20 seconds (Vader sequence, from after the spy reveal, when you fight Vader off)
    ACT II - 50 seconds (Hoth sequence)
    ACT III - 1:20 (Coruscant sequence)

So, same length of action in Act I, 15 second more actions in Act II, and 40 seconds less in Act III. So, yeah, gave up 25 seconds to things like the spy reveal and the holographic message.
    I don't know where you got your numbers but I watched a youtube video of the attraction and it was not 25 seconds between the rebel spy sequence and the hologram message, it was in the range of 54 seconds. The result is an unsatisfying experience compared to the original which feels like it was way too short; 54 seconds of less action and movement is a huge difference when we are talking about a 3 minute and 55 second attraction. They should have increased the overall ride time to compensate for these additions, giving each scene the proper duration to gel and for scenes to transition in a more realistic way.

http://youtu.be/6vQSRXwj7bM?t=7m15s

7:15-7:44 (29 seconds) Rebel Spy
    9:10-9:35 (25 seconds) Hologram Message
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-21-2013 at 02:19 AM.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    It's not always a kid. In fact, the rebel spy has been an adult probably half the times that I've been on it. I've been the rebel spy, and so has my bf. I think it all depends on the CM, since they can agree with the random photo or choose another. Some may look for kids, and some may look for adults making unintentionally silly faces.
    Same here - I think I have only been on the ride once when a kid was chosen as the Rebel Spy.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• 1 man can make a difernce

I feel some hate in this topic. I actually like both versions. The new version is great. I was there on opening day. But I wish they kept atleast one Starspeeder with the old version.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• Hello Dolly.

I was a rebel spy on my first ride as well and got caught off guard. Glad i didn't read any spoilers before haha. I was 20 then.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234