Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Pendleton Shirts, Other Western Wear, Back in Frontierland!

Surprisingly DL Paris carries a descent selection of Western themed clothing, if only because their merchandise never evolved since the opening of the park in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I'm sure it's a test, no company would bring in a product like that to take over the whole store without knowing whether it would be successful or not. If the shirts there are there right now sell better then the quicksilver t-shirts or whatever other generic merch they have, then they will expand and add more. Eventually we might have a whole western themed shop again. But guaging guest desire for pendelton t-shirts or anything else at the park is probably going to be determined soley by sales. There's probably someone at the company who wants to see more western wear in Frontierland, and they're having to prove to accounting that the shirts will sell, and this is their test. If you want to see more of this, then maybe you can support that person and buy some of the shirts. A note to City Hall that you're happy to see them back would probably help, but all the notes in the world won't matter if they don't sell.
    Best advice ever! Pendleton belongs in Frontierland and if you want to see it stay and grow the product assortment, BUY the merchandise!

Pendleton Board shirts have been available in Carsland since it opened.

So this is more of an expansion of Pendleton rather than Pendleton returning to DLR.

The product is pricey but what other wool shirt can you buy and wear for 30+ years and have it still look great!

There is a long history behind Pendleton at DL and I won't bore all with the details. I'll just say BUY the product and you'll see plenty of Pendleton at DLR going forward!

dsny1mom

• Disneyland History Lover

It's a step in the right direction. I give them props for at least trying. If it is successful, they may branch out and expand this sort of thing in Frontierland. Sure, it's not technically period-specific, but it's an improvement.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Unfortunately there are fewer Pendleton customers and would-be's have gotten out of the habit and are unlikely to know in advance or stumble across the merchandise like they might if it had always remained available for sale. They have to restart the business from nothing with a very limited selection, as opposed to relaunching a new Pendleton store with the fanfare of Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Unfortunately there are fewer Pendleton customers and would-be's have gotten out of the habit and are unlikely to know in advance or stumble across the merchandise like they might if it had always remained available for sale. They have to restart the business from nothing with a very limited selection, as opposed to relaunching a new Pendleton store with the fanfare of Starbucks.
    You'd be surprised at the resurgence of Pendleton popularity across the country. One of the reason the product is back in DL is because it did so well in DCA, and they only carried three styles of Board shirts over there.

There has never been a long period of time when guests didn't ask for Pendleton in Frontier land.

It's really a perfect match of two legendary brands. Now people need to buy the product so Disney will expand their offerings to include blankets and accessories!

dsny1mom

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hope they put one on a mannequin in the front window!

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Are Pendleton shirts still even made in the USA?
    Anyways...the canister and track lighting used in the interior of this shop
    just scream Frontierland

• Hooterville, USA

Maybe it'll be the beginning of a change to when different stores meant different merchandise.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Are Pendleton shirts still even made in the USA?
    Anyways...the canister and track lighting used in the interior of this shop
    just scream Frontierland
    The answer is some are some are not. Pendleton owns two of the five remaining woolen mills left in America. The majority of the woolen products are made from American wool. Only some of the actual production of the items is still done in America, due to cost.

Pendleton takes great pride in their products. They have very stringent standards for their product regardless of where it is produced. To be worthy of the Pendleton label the product has to be the best.

dsny1mom

Quote Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
    The answer is some are some are not. Pendleton owns two of the five remaining woolen mills left in America. The majority of the woolen products are made from American wool. Only some of the actual production of the items is still done in America, due to cost.

Pendleton takes great pride in their products. They have very stringent standards for their product regardless of where it is produced. To be worthy of the Pendleton label the product has to be the best.

dsny1mom
    I second what dsny1mom said. There are some Pendleton products still fully made in the US, including the entire Portland collection. And the products assembled abroad are still amazing quality. It's unfortunate that brands like Pendleton and Filson have to move production elsewhere, but it happens. Luckily, there are a lot of small brands that manufacture strictly here in the US, just gotta look a little harder for them.

With that being said, I see this as a great small step in the right direction. It's nice to see a well made product that's not plastered with logos. I hope they can extend that small section soon.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post

dsny1mom
    I hope this is the beginning of a resurgence of Pendleton goods. I do know that we saw a large display of Pendleton when we were at Yellowstone and Grand Teton this past fall. Gorgeous goods, blankets, clothing, handbags, decor items. All very well made (with prices to match!). Pendleton woolen goods were always high-end, but the quality always made the prices worth it.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

I seem to recall that when John Lasseter first received his new title of Head Imagineer (or whatever it is), Western wear started to make an appearance in the Frontierland shop. But it only lasted a couple of months before it disappeared again. We'll see if it sticks this time.

• Minion

I took a look at the shirts today and they are not the old woolen ones. I didnt read the label, but they looked like cotton or a blend. They are similar to the ones in CarsLand but in a western style.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    I took a look at the shirts today and they are not the old woolen ones. I didnt read the label, but they looked like cotton or a blend. They are similar to the ones in CarsLand but in a western style.
    The photos appear to show either the 100% cotton or the 80% Pima cotton and 20% Merino wool blend western shirts in FL. I really can't tell from the photos.

Not sure what they have over in DCA right now, but in Sept. and prior DCA had the 100% Umatilla wool Board shirts.

DL buyers AND Pendleton sales reps need to make sure the 100% wool shirts in the western styles are available in FL. Wool is what Pendleton is known for and what DL needs to offer as a unique to So Cal!

dsny1mom

• Banned User

This is great news, can't wait to see the new duds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast