Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Does dlr have any answer to knotts and ush in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    That's a WDW problem, though. For the SoCal market, even with the addition of Harry Potter, DLR still blows USH out of the water in terms of top level attractions.
    Were talking attraction quality here. If USH's new Harry Potter attraction is at the same level as IOS's, it will have an impact on Disneyland. Every challenge that Disney ignores only means they have further to go just to catch up (again, that's attraction levels).

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    My other question is does anyone know if they have shut down the pointless now, Blue Sky Cellar? The last few additions have been ridiculous and if not willing to put in concepts for Orlando, Paris, Shanghai or Hong Kong, where new projects actually are, then they need to shutter that embarrassment.
    Why shut it down? If you don’t like it, don’t go in. It doesn’t make any sense to have a shuttered attraction until there is something there to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    we definitely know there won't be anything of significance for the next 2 years, as construction would have already begun.
    That doesn’t mean that nothing is coming. It only means that nothing that requires over two years of construction is coming. Lack of construction is not enough evidence to leap to the conclusion that Disneyland is not getting anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by bjmort View Post
    the Chinese don't like thrill rides
    I hope you have some real life data to support that statement because that’s great way to generalize a culture. I have several friends that would disagree with conclusion.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

jasmineray, Im really sorry about not stating my point better. Of course you matter n the general sense and your opinion counts just as much as anybody else's. My point is that in this specific situation, growing the resort by attracting tourists on a level that projects DLR into the next level as a destination resort, you or me or any other DLR fan being satisfied with what TDA have done in the past few years, is completely inconsequential. It's about attracting MORE destination tourists and building upon the success of DCA 2.0. It's not a competition with USH. Its about DLR as it stands, vs what it can be. Allowing USH to go on a huge building and attraction spree and to dominate the press for the next 5 years, without any significant attempt to counter, would be a step back in this effort.

USH's new attractions are nothing. Despicable me and transformers are just 3D movies with a little motion. This is ok for one ride in a park but it seems almost every ride at USH is going this way. Nothing compared to the quality of RSR. Harry Potter and the forbidden journey is alright but still you're just sitting in front of a screen most if the time. AA'a over 3D movies any day. USH and Knotts new attractions are answers to the improvement of DCA
    Meh... disagree, Forbidden Journey is one of the most interesting and unique theme park rides in my opinon. I definitely think it's more fun than Radiator Springs or any of the rides at the DLR. Of course that's just my opinion, and I know not everyone shares that. I absolutely love Disneyland, I grew up in Anaheim right down the street from the parks so there's definitely nostalgia. But, the Forbidden Journey is really quite an amazing ride.

I went to Orlando two years ago just to go to IoA for Wizarding World, didn't even bother going to WDW again... by the time Wizarding World is built in SoCal I'm hoping to have moved back, so I will definitely probably be visiting that more than Disneyland.
    Last edited by Serendie; 11-21-2013 at 01:13 PM.

• Minion

They're nothing to you, but these attractions are causing attendance bumps for USH. People enjoy these kinds of rides, and RSR is irrelevant in this situation.

I highly doubt they are responses to DCA. Do you have proof of this? I'd love to see some proof.

Please don't discount Forbidden Journey. I can't wait to see USH's attendance skyrocket and prove a few people here wrong.

It has been well documented that the Chinese don't like thrill rides. That's why Hong Kong Disneyland doesn't have many and why whenever they talk about Shanghai Disney they talk about "attractions targeted at the Chinese market"

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    They're nothing to you, but these attractions are causing attendance bumps for USH. People enjoy these kinds of rides, and RSR is irrelevant in this situation.

I highly doubt they are responses to DCA. Do you have proof of this? I'd love to see some proof.

Please don't discount Forbidden Journey. I can't wait to see USH's attendance skyrocket and prove a few people here wrong.
    I think USH's attendance will bump up with the addition of Forbidden Journey too.

I just don't think it will hurt DLR attendance at all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    I think USH's attendance will bump up with the addition of Forbidden Journey too.

I just don't think it will hurt DLR attendance at all.
    Oh, I'm not saying that either. It's possible it will, though.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying that either. It's possible it will, though.
    Thinking about USH after Transformers has made me a little more skeptical about whether it'll be noticeable.

USH has been experiencing a measurable, noticeable bump in attendance while Disneyland's not been suffering in the slightest. I don't know if USH will have the actual physical capacity to handle the amount of traffic necessary to dent Disney's attendance AND handle the uptick they're receiving that so far hasn't made said dent.

It's got me wondering if there even IS a realistic market saturation point for the locals crowd, and exactly how connected that is to Disney's continuing pursuit of that crowd.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Everyone I've met that has gone to HP at Florida says nothing in any Disney park can compare to it.

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Everyone I've met that has gone to HP at Florida says nothing in any Disney park can compare to it.
    I'm one of those individuals who has made that statement, and I fully stand by it. Disneyland is awesome and I go every year, but the Forbidden Journey is an amazing ride. I'm thrilled it's being built in SoCal, as Orlando is just way too expensive for me to do again.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    I bet it's true. Why does it matter if it's true or not, though?

I agree that wizarding world of Harry potter is amazing. The theming is incredible. Only one ride is new, the other two are rebrands and olivanders wand shop is charming but not worth redoing though.

Wizarding world of Harry potter only occupied me for an hour and a half to two hours though. And the rest of IOA was reasonably bland. I found the 2 Florida universal parks as half day parks really.

If they did the whole park to the standard of WWOHP then it would be different. I think the new diagon ally will make it closer but still not as much of a cohesive experience as the disney parks. Hogwarts castle and the forbidden journey at USH will not be enough to make that park comparible to Disneyland in theming and execution. They haven't even confirmed if there will be a hogsmeade have they? I thought they only confirmed the castle and the ride so far

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Thinking about USH after Transformers has made me a little more skeptical about whether it'll be noticeable.

USH has been experiencing a measurable, noticeable bump in attendance while Disneyland's not been suffering in the slightest.
    The SoCal theme park market seems to be able to comfortably support both DLR and USH. Last year both of them reached all time record high attendance levels. Not so at the other SoCal parks, all of which are well off their attendance highs.

• Minion

If they did the whole park to the standard of WWOHP then it would be different. I think the new diagon ally will make it closer but still not as much of a cohesive experience as the disney parks. Hogwarts castle and the forbidden journey at USH will not be enough to make that park comparible to Disneyland in theming and execution. They haven't even confirmed if there will be a hogsmeade have they? I thought they only confirmed the castle and the ride so far
    There is only a small percentage of people that care about theming and execution, and that includes people on discussion boards such as this one and others. The general public doesn't care about stuff like that. They're going to see WWoHP as an amazing experience and flock to it. They're not necessarily going to think about place making and theming and whatever else. If most people thought this way, USH would be mostly empty on a daily basis, and it's not. All these people are going to be thinking about is getting themselves to the park, getting in line for the attractions and sipping their butterbeer.

I don't know about Hogsmede but apparently the Great Hall has been confirmed. We'll see in the next few years.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast