View Poll Results: What is the biggest area of need for DLR?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomorrowland Redesign

93 68.38%
  • Frontierland Expansion

9 6.62%
  • Other expansion ideas (Disneyland)

5 3.68%
  • Hollywood Lane Expansion

10 7.35%
  • Cars Land Expansion

0 0%
  • Other expansion ideas (California Adventure)

2 1.47%
  • Third Gate

6 4.41%
  • Parking

8 5.88%
  • New Hotels

3 2.21%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Re: Let's pick the biggest area of need for Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Sounds like a costly mistake, 1.f billion times over!
    Hey now, you two, get in line and settle down

I voted for Tomorrowland, but I'd actually prefer a Toon Town make-over. There are at least a couple of must-see attractions in Tomorrowland, while I haven't visited Toon Town for years.

I would think Tomorrowland would be a no brainer

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I would think Tomorrowland would be a no brainer
    I think for us, Tomorrowland is a no brainer, but believably upgrading infrastructure such as parking, continued work on making DCA a true full-day park, and breathing new life into Frontierland are all options that could and maybe even should be done first. If anything, I'd be ok with waiting on a Tomorrowland rework if it meant the project was given more time to get it right.

Longtime reader here, new contributor. I had to weigh in on this since Tomorrowland's the obvious choice, but I've dreamed of a Frontierland expansion for so long that it gets my vote. Connecting Critter Country to Frontierland would be an absolute dream logistically, not to mention the options it opens for traffic flow/new major attractions. Even utilizing that back section of Rivers of America brings up all sorts exciting options; suddenly the park seems way more expansive without losing its intimacy.

Maybe one day!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    I think for us, Tomorrowland is a no brainer, but believably upgrading infrastructure such as parking, continued work on making DCA a true full-day park, and breathing new life into Frontierland are all options that could and maybe even should be done first. If anything, I'd be ok with waiting on a Tomorrowland rework if it meant the project was given more time to get it right.
    I agree but that's not at all the consensus.

Should have bribed them with billions of Disney Dollars.

• Under that tree again!

I put in the first vote for hotels.

There are lots of hotel rooms/beds in the area and Disney owns the minority. If it could capture more of the business it would get a bigger premium off the rooms. So by adding beds it would make a lot of money.

This is how DLR could get the money to acquire more land, build more parking, remodel and expand parks.

This is why they bought the DLH, the PPH and built the GCH along side DCA. To get more dollars per visit. And they have been highly successful, so should keep it up.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I personally would love too see a way to take a full circle walk of roa. I think of jungle cruise almost without a skipper, a self guided tour. Have some spots for relaxing. Enjoy scenery. Some nice eateries. It could also help congestion in that terrible bottle necks.

A transportation system from inside the back side of park into DNA. Treat it like a ride though. Almost like the railroad, where its more than just transport but an attraction.

Tomorrowland is just a mess. I personally would just demolish it and build a whole new land not based on tomorrow. Tomorrow comes to fast and makes it so hard to stay ahead of. When Walt created the land we were on brink of discovering space. People were exited with the unknown, and in my opinion we just don't have that anymore. We can barely invest in NASA anymore.

I don't want marvel or star wars lands.

I personally would love to see a yesterday land. Not remaking old rides, but discover our history. I don't have ideas of attractions.

Walt wanted things to be about teaching as well as entertainment.

This will never happen, but just my two cents.

P.S forgive spelling, I hate and love not so smart phones.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

The biggest ugliest most UNDISNEY-like area that needs the greatest attention at the Disneyland Resort is still the worst mistake by the Eisner/pressler regime, It's the carney area in paradise pier shrouded in the shadows of the fake woody coaster and the ferris wheel. Even with the removal of the huge pink/green dinosaur shop, the giant orange peel and the maliboomer, this pier with the oxymoronish name, (and even taking into consideration that they did add Toy Story Midway Mania, World of Color, and a Little Mermaid attraction ) is still is ugliest and most in need of a TRUE DISNEY MAKEOVER.

If I had to choose a land in Disneyland that needs the biggest area of need, Tomorrowland comes in a distant 2nd. Pretty much EVERYTHING in TL has been redone at least one time since the infamous failure that was TL'98. But at least Space Mt, Star Tours, and Buzz are still workable .. If they did the TL makeover, the plans on the drawing board don't appear that they would allow for and increase in total number of guests, so those are some of the reasons why . . . .

1st Place in DL that need desperate attention is the ever shrinking Frontierland. With Big Thunder under a nearly one year refurbishment, and The Billies being kicked out of the Golden Horseshoe, and out of Big Thunder Ranch, and now out of the park completely, and NOTHING planned for a new Golden Horseshoe show, few stale Sally Mae skits, and a few dirty goats, and with most of Tom Sawyer Island closed, a dlosed fort in distress, a closed treehouse, and pirates that have taken over the rest of the island, Frontierland is in dire need of expansion to the north. With an expansion that will allow for more guests in DL.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Funny, Paradise Pier doesn't bother me. But Condor Flats does. It's six flags inside of a Disney theme park!

Nevertheless, Tomorrowland should receive some TLC. IT should be the land that comes alive when the night comes down, with flashy colors, cool attractions, movement everywhere - perhaps a concert stage? Lasers, innovative attractions - a future we could get excited about.

Right now it's a gridlock, with a strange contraption in place of the Rocket Jets, a non functional track for a beloved, but long gone attraction, an old 3D movie 20 or 30 people watch per show, and a couple of pixar attractions that feel completely out of place there.

It needs SO much help.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Radcliffe View Post
    Longtime reader here, new contributor. I had to weigh in on this since Tomorrowland's the obvious choice, but I've dreamed of a Frontierland expansion for so long that it gets my vote. Connecting Critter Country to Frontierland would be an absolute dream logistically, not to mention the options it opens for traffic flow/new major attractions. Even utilizing that back section of Rivers of America brings up all sorts exciting options; suddenly the park seems way more expansive without losing its intimacy.

Maybe one day!
    Welcome to the boards. And great idea. Hopefully someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Pretty much EVERYTHING in TL has been redone at least one time since the infamous failure that was TL'98.
    I'm tired of talking about Tomorrowland. And the properties people are talking about (Tron, Star Wars) is stuff from the 80's (or in the case of Marvel, pre-80's) and thus are about nostalgia. Think about how that isn't the emotion you want to convey there at all.

The biggest ugliest most UNDISNEY-like area that needs the greatest attention at the Disneyland Resort is still the worst mistake by the Eisner/pressler regime, It's the carney area in paradise pier shrouded in the shadows of the fake woody coaster and the ferris wheel. Even with the removal of the huge pink/green dinosaur shop, the giant orange peel and the maliboomer, this pier with the oxymoronish name, (and even taking into consideration that they did add Toy Story Midway Mania, World of Color, and a Little Mermaid attraction ) is still is ugliest and most in need of a TRUE DISNEY MAKEOVER.
    Paradise Pier has the greatest potential of any land in the resort. Nearly any property can go in there and have it fit its playful theme. The ugliness you talk about has mainly to do with everything being so out of scale. It starts with the roller coaster, which isn't nearly detailed enough to pass as a woody, and in any event the steel that is supposed to come off as "wooden beams" are too big and thus too out of scale to be believable. The Little Mermaid building is too big and grand, so it feels almost as big as the roller coaster. The mermaid grotto restaurant that juts out into the lagoon is bigger than any of the buildings underneath California Screamin' and so feels out of place. The plants around the entire area aren't what the Victorian eras would have used (there should not be palm trees) and none of the railings around the lagoon are from that time period.

I continue to think the idea of Paradise Pier is awesome, but they haven't remotely been able to theme it correctly.

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Remember that although they will never be exciting, noticed or even fun, half the time infrastructure is a main expense category and often needs improvement before other areas can be addressed. As long as those are in place and capable of handling future plans, my vote is for Tomorrowland and Fromtierland in DL.

DCA needs some attention I the Hollywood backlot.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I get that a Third Gate will be an eventual need but it should be bottom priority at the moment because if the resort fails to address and take action on its infrastructure issues it could have another DCA 1.0-type scenario on their hands.

Parking should be #1. And not just any extra parking but well organized parking to ensure that guests can easily get in or out of the parking structures and lots with little complications. Organized additional parking should also be in place for cast member parking to ensure they can get to their jobs on time with minimal hassle as well.

Getting that parking structure in the Pumbaa lot would be the best bet. Because even if a third gate is a long ways away, the parking structure will free up space in the eastern lots for a couple more Disney hotels surrounding the ones already there. I'm very surprised for a resort that's been pushing more for the tourist demographic that little has been done to increase Disney hotel presence. Again, I'll assume it's cause of lack of parking but if the Pumbaa garage is a go, this can help wonders. At least one of these hotels should be on the budget friendly side.

After (or while) these issues are addressed we then can go into the improvements that are badly needed for both parks. At the top of the list would be all the necessary fixtures to Tomorrowland and the phase 2 of the DCA renovation. Following that is filling in the underwhelming/undeveloped areas of both parks (Frontierland/Critter Country and adding an E-ticket to DCA).

Of course if TDA budgets and plans everything right they could have a third park up and running while addressing the issues in DL and DCA at the same time (thus possibly relieving crowding throughout the whole resort), but to be honest, I don't have that much faith or confidence in the resort's abilities to do either one.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Hey now, you two, get in line and settle down
    If I'm going to get in line, I'm going to need a Fastpass.

Originally Posted by Nirya I think for us, Tomorrowland is a no brainer, but believably upgrading infrastructure such as parking, continued work on making DCA a true full-day park, and breathing new life into Frontierland are all options that could and maybe even should be done first. If anything, I'd be ok with waiting on a Tomorrowland rework if it meant the project was given more time to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I agree but that's not at all the consensus.

Should have bribed them with billions of Disney Dollars.
    If some sort of Frontierland expansion doesn't happen soon, the land just might shrink away and disappear.

If I had to choose a land in Disneyland that needs the biggest area of need, Tomorrowland comes in a distant 2nd. Pretty much EVERYTHING in TL has been redone at least one time since the infamous failure that was TL'98. But at least Space Mt, Star Tours, and Buzz are still workable .. If they did the TL makeover, the plans on the drawing board don't appear that they would allow for and increase in total number of guests, so those are some of the reasons why . . . .

1st Place in DL that need desperate attention is the ever shrinking Frontierland. With Big Thunder under a nearly one year refurbishment, and The Billies being kicked out of the Golden Horseshoe, and out of Big Thunder Ranch, and now out of the park completely, and NOTHING planned for a new Golden Horseshoe show, few stale Sally Mae skits, and a few dirty goats, and with most of Tom Sawyer Island closed, a dlosed fort in distress, a closed treehouse, and pirates that have taken over the rest of the island, Frontierland is in dire need of expansion to the north. With an expansion that will allow for more guests in DL.
    If Disney is going to spend millions upgrading Tomorrowland, I agree with you, Aladdin, that it's going to turn around and bite them if they do not place an emphasis on creating more guest capacity.

Paradise Pier stinks so much tht I've heard that Ariel, Mickey and the Mr. Potato Head barker are holding their repective noses after hours, careful to make sure park managers do not see them.

Frontierland needs to expand into the former Rainbow Caverns train, westrn wagon and pack mule area, plus move beyond the current berm. Concerning Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, it curiously makes no sense that Disney honchos hired the band to help record the musical tracks for Mater's Junkyard Jubilee not too long ago, and now they're bouncing them out on their ears.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I get that a Third Gate will be an eventual need but it should be bottom priority at the moment because if the resort fails to address and take action on its infrastructure issues it could have another DCA 1.0-type scenario on their hands.

Parking should be #1. And not just any extra parking but well organized parking to ensure that guests can easily get in or out of the parking structures and lots with little complications. Organized additional parking should also be in place for cast member parking to ensure they can get to their jobs on time with minimal hassle as well.

Getting that parking structure in the Pumbaa lot would be the best bet. Because even if a third gate is a long ways away, the parking structure will free up space in the eastern lots for a couple more Disney hotels surrounding the ones already there. I'm very surprised for a resort that's been pushing more for the tourist demographic that little has been done to increase Disney hotel presence. Again, I'll assume it's cause of lack of parking but if the Pumbaa garage is a go, this can help wonders. At least one of these hotels should be on the budget friendly side.

After (or while) these issues are addressed we then can go into the improvements that are badly needed for both parks. At the top of the list would be all the necessary fixtures to Tomorrowland and the phase 2 of the DCA renovation. Following that is filling in the underwhelming/undeveloped areas of both parks (Frontierland/Critter Country and adding an E-ticket to DCA).

Of course if TDA budgets and plans everything right they could have a third park up and running while addressing the issues in DL and DCA at the same time (thus possibly relieving crowding throughout the whole resort), but to be honest, I don't have that much faith or confidence in the resort's abilities to do either one.
    I too think that the WDC should start building the third theme park if we are to have one without having to wait twenty, thirty or more years.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-23-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast