View Poll Results: What is the biggest area of need for DLR?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomorrowland Redesign

93 68.38%
  • Frontierland Expansion

9 6.62%
  • Other expansion ideas (Disneyland)

5 3.68%
  • Hollywood Lane Expansion

10 7.35%
  • Cars Land Expansion

0 0%
  • Other expansion ideas (California Adventure)

2 1.47%
  • Third Gate

6 4.41%
  • Parking

8 5.88%
  • New Hotels

3 2.21%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Not the Hawkguy

Re: Let's pick the biggest area of need for Disneyland Resort

By the way, I'm not asking anyone to change your poll answer. If you think Tomorrowland is the biggest area of need, make that your answer. I'm mostly trying to fuel discussion of results and other areas.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Adventureland should have more walking room
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• world class bilge rat

Looking at the big picture here, I'd say the biggest need would be to replace the current money-grubbing greed-mongers in upper management with persons who actually understand the concept of the true Disney experience.

Should this ever occur, the excellent ideas expressed in this thread would very likely become reality.

My list/thoughts in order of what needs it the most...

Frontierland Expansion--There just really isn't anything there right now. The landscaping is ok, but there's nothing immerse about the area outside of the attraction(s? Really all I care about is BTMR). Tom Sawyer Island is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and all of the boats that go along the river don't really have a lot to offer.

Tomorrowland Redesign--You either need to get rid of the Peoplemover track/the giant holes in buildings it left or do something with it. It makes the whole area look clunky and unsightly. Innovations should've been taken out years ago, Captain EO could be made into something a lot more technologically advanced, and Autopia could be redone to be a lot more futuristic.

Other potential areas(Disneyland)--Mickey's Toontown/Princess Fantasy Faire areas have so much potential for something really great. They could make it more like New Fantasyland in MK.

Other potential areas(DCA)--Bug's Land needs to be fixed. It really is just off the shelf rides with a bug-like facade. I really only go to that area of the park to cut through from Cars Land to Hollywoodland. Other than that, there really isn't anything spectacular in there.

Hollywoodland--Change the name back, please. It doesn't have to be changed into a "backlot" but "Hollywoodland" just sounds silly. There's room in all of those empty buildings/shops or in the Playhouse Disney Live on Stage building or the old Who Wants to Be a Millionaire building.

Parking--I don't know how much I can comment on this, since I usually park in Woody and Friends and don't have that big of an issue with parking, but maybe that speaks for itself since I never wanna deal with the trams in Mickey and Friends? I just think Disney could come up with a much more efficient and "magical" solution for parking.'

I don't really think a Third Gate, new hotel, or a Cars Land Expansion are really needed. I don't think there's any ideas begging for a new park, and I think the hotels are fine(then again, I've never stayed at one, so I'm not really one to talk), and Cars Land is currently doing just fine.

• former CM

As I write this Tomorrowland is receiving over 8 times as many votes as the second-place area. It's a great big horrible tomorrow . . . though actually I love Buzz (though it could be refreshed), Space Mtn., Star Tours, Jedi Training, and the monorail.

And I like the idea of a resort like the one at Disneyland Paris.
    Link:
    more on the Frontierland Hotel idea

• Disney Philosopher

Love to see Frontierland brought back to life.

Tommorrowland today is in desperate need of help, but personally I would not like to see anymore Starwars or Marvel in any new remodel.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I picked Tomorrowland, but only because the executive board wasn't one of the choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Looking at the big picture here, I'd say the biggest need would be to replace the current money-grubbing greed-mongers in upper management with persons who actually understand the concept of the true Disney experience.

Should this ever occur, the excellent ideas expressed in this thread would very likely become reality.
    Exactly.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I voted for Frontierland due to it's lack of real attractions. Guests who are visiting from out of town/state/country aren't going to "waste" vacation time on the Mark Twain or TSI. With BTMR down, there aren't any real attractions. As for Tomorrowland, if Space Mountain goes down, there's still Buzz, Star Tours, Autopia, and Nemo. Frontierland needs a solid E or D ticket to go with BTMR and some smaller B or C tickets for substance.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

Tomorrowland is actually my favorite, with Space Mountain, Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear. Things could be touched up (the paint) and the peoplemover track needs to be removed, but it's still the land I spend most of my time in when there.

Adventureland needs more walking space, it's the absolute worst area to walk through because it's just so compact compared to other areas. Frontierland as well needs more attractions instead of just the Tom Sawyer Island and boats/ships. Thunder Mountain is the only worthwhile thing to do there.

California Adventure- the entire Bugs Land just needs to go.

• Not the Hawkguy

I am surprised at how this thread keeps coming back.

Anyway, we've already established that Tomorrowland is the most popular pick for everyone (which I figured would happen), so seeing other options getting play is interesting. In particular, the Adventureland option isn't something I really considered, although I don't really know how you would fix it. I think plussing Frontierland and drawing people that way would help out, as right now Adventureland has 4 attractions (Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Treehouse) and a large shopping area, compared to Frontierland which has two attractions (BTMR, Mark Twain/Columbia) and a smaller shopping area (it also has a restaurant and multiple pathways out, which I think also helps). I also want to see how this area performs in February, when IJ will supposedly be down for maintenance, while BTMR will, again supposedly, be reopened, just to see how traffic flow changes.

Another interesting point I'm seeing come up is Bugs Land. Honestly, when I was putting this thing together, my second main DCA area was a toss-up between Cars Land and Bugs Land, and since there had been more rumors related to a possible expansion of Cars Land, I went with that. Again, I can see why people would pick this: it's a land with a sizeable footprint that sees lower foot traffic compared to other areas. But at the same time, I'm not sure what could be done. ITTBAB takes up a large footprint, and really could be taken out and replaced by a Bugs Life dark ride of some kind, but the rest of the and is boxed in by access roads and the trolley garage (which could be moved, but would only free up a little more land before you hit ToT).

Anyway, keep ideas coming!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234