View Poll Results: What is the biggest area of need for DLR?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomorrowland Redesign

93 68.38%
  • Frontierland Expansion

9 6.62%
  • Other expansion ideas (Disneyland)

5 3.68%
  • Hollywood Lane Expansion

10 7.35%
  • Cars Land Expansion

0 0%
  • Other expansion ideas (California Adventure)

2 1.47%
  • Third Gate

6 4.41%
  • Parking

8 5.88%
  • New Hotels

3 2.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Not the Hawkguy

Post Let's pick the biggest area of need for Disneyland Resort

So, to kinda crib off of other threads that have popped up here the last few weeks, I'm asking you, the average Micechatter, to pick what area of need Disney needs to tackle next. I know a lot of us have strong opinions towards certain areas, so if possible, try to distance yourself from that and look at the Resort as a whole. Try and pick what would be the best major project from a short term and long term perspective. Also note that I'm not asking you to Imagineer a solution to your pick, so don't feel the need to if you don't want to.

Use the poll to pick your top option. Posts that rank all the problem areas in order of greatest need are always welcome, and appreciated.

Here are your options with a small blurb describing each:

Disneyland:

Tomorrowland Redesign:
    This is a rather big one. Rumors have been floating for over a year now on what this possible redesign could entail, from TRON Lightcycles to Iron Man to a complete Star Wars redesign. The fact is, this land needs some love. Only two attractions really stand out here (Space Mountain and Star Tours) creating a situation where a good chunk of the land needs help.

Frontierland Expansion: More than Tomorrowland, Frontierland has become a barren wasteland over time. Yes, part of that is BTMR being refurbished for the better part of the year, but the fact is this land is rarely busy, and could use some help. Land is available for expansion north and west of BTMR, and more live performances could help breathe new life into this area.

Other potential areas (Disneyland):
    This is the grab-bag of sorts option for Disneyland. Choose this if you feel there are other areas of the park (Fantasyland, Critter Country) that could use the love and attention more. For the purpose of this, any redevelopment of the Big Thunder Ranch area should fall under Frontierland Expansion, as that land is currently in its footprint.

California Adventure:

Hollywood Land:
    Problem #1 here is that I had to go look up what they're even calling this area anymore. The former Hollywood Pictures Backlot has been neglected for a long time, with a Monsters Inc dark ride and the Mad T Party trying their best to bring people into this section of the park. Rumors exist of a Monstropolis redesign for the area, but if there's one part of the park that could really use the help, it'd be here.

Cars Land Expansion:
    These rumors have existed since Cars Land opened, and include a drive in movie theater experience and more. The land is available behind ToT and Cadillac Ridge, so this option isn't too far-fetch'd.

Other potential areas (California Adventure):
    Again, this is the grab-bag option for California Adventure. This could include Bugs Land, Grizzly Peak, Paradise Pier, and other possible expansion areas.

General infrastructure options:

Third Gate:
    The long-rumored third gate, to take the land currently occupied by the Toy Story Lot, is always a possibility. The addition of a third gate would truly turn the Disneyland Resort into a multi-day vacation destination, and would allow for new additions to the resort from Marvel, Lucasfilms, and Pixar that wouldn't disrupt the theming of other lands in the resort.

Parking: An easy explanation of this would be that it's a disaster. If a third park is ever to materialize, then new parking lots/structures would have to be built to accommodate the loss of the Toy Story Parking Lot. The Pumbaa and Simba lots are available to be built on. This would also include options on how to move people between these new lots to the Esplande, and to the potential third park in the future. Also included in this option is better and more convenient employee parking (hey, I had to convince you this was a thing somehow!)

New Hotels:
    Ok yeah, this will probably seem less important than others, but new additions mean more visitors, and those people need a place to stay, right? Options include expanding the hotel complex down into the Simba lot, and buying up more land around the resort, such as along Harbor, to provide for cheaper Disney-owned hotels.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Let's pick the biggest area of need for Disneyland Resort

You'll need 1.5 billion per project

tomorrowland & hollywood land need it the most, but i'd like to see frontierland done first. it would be mostly unobtrusive to park operations (except for the railroad), and it could help ease the crowds when tomorrowland goes down.

• formerly very helpful

I picked Tomorrowland, but only because the executive board wasn't one of the choices.

• Minion

I voted Tomorrowland, but as boring as it sounds, they need to fix the parking before they do much else.

• Banned User

Simba Parking Lot has to go because asphalt is boring.

a long time ago, in a parking lot far, far away . . .

• Iron-Clad Allie

Most needed areas are Tomorrowland redesign, Frontierland expansion and third theme park....in that order.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    You'll need 1.5 billion per project
    Is that 1.5 billion dollars, Imagineers or guests?

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Is that 1.5 billion dollars, Imagineers or guests?
    He's making fun of me because I spent a ton of time on his 1.5 billion dollars thread. And because he's being a jerk

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Tomorrowland needs:

1. Peoplemover replacement
    2. Buzz Lightyear re-theme
    3. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage re-theme
    4. Autopia updated with futuristic cars and themed landscaping
    5. Innoventions turned into a new E-ticket attraction
    6. Astro Orbitor removed and Rocket Jets returned to service
    7. Utilize Starcade better, perhaps an extended themed queue for SM.
    8. New thematic detail added to Space Mountain Queue
    9. Better themed restaurants and quality food choices (AKA Pizza Port and TT)
    10. Work on architectural unity for all buildings and floor surfaces, create a timeless look.

• Artistic integrity

I voted "Tomorrowland" ... but if the only option is to "Star Wars" it to death .. then my vote goes to Frontierland.

Ever since the 7 acre Natures Thru Wonderland .. was downsized to the 2 acre Big Thunder ... a lot of "life" and "movement" in parts of Frontierland have been lost. I want to see that restored ... and ADDED on to .. .like the models of Discovery Bay suggest. Creating a couple rides that absorb lots of people.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I voted "Tomorrowland" ... but if the only option is to "Star Wars" it to death .. then my vote goes to Frontierland.

Ever since the 7 acre Natures Thru Wonderland .. was downsized to the 2 acre Big Thunder ... a lot of "life" and "movement" in parts of Frontierland have been lost. I want to see that restored ... and ADDED on to .. .like the models of Discovery Bay suggest. Creating a couple rides that absorb lots of people.
    A new technologically advanced Natures Wonderland would truely rock....and bring back the live element of trail traveling pack mules!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    He's making fun of me because I spent a ton of time on his 1.5 billion dollars thread. And because he's being a jerk
    Sounds like a costly mistake, 1.5 billion times over!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-23-2013 at 01:48 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Tomorrowland needs:

1. Peoplemover replacement
    2. Buzz Lightyear re-theme
    3. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage re-theme
    4. Autopia updated with futuristic cars and themed landscaping
    5. Innoventions turned into a new E-ticket attraction
    6. Astro Orbitor removed and Rocket Jets returned to service
    7. Utilize Starcade better, perhaps an extended themed queue for SM.
    8. New thematic detail added to Space Mountain Queue
    9. Better themed restaurants and quality food choices (AKA Pizza Port and TT)
    10. Work on architectural unity for all buildings and floor surfaces, create a timeless look.
    nice ideas

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Tomorrowland needs:
    Peoplemover replacement...with a side trip to the city of tomorrow...
    Buzz Lightyear re-theme....I am thinking Adventure thru Innerspace 2.0
    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage re-theme...Tour of Europa (a moon of Jupiter that has a vast sea under a thick sheet of ice)
    Autopia updated with futuristic cars and themed landscaping...Hovertopia
    Innoventions turned into a new E-ticket attraction...New Horizons; a visit to the homes of tomorrow....on the moon, under the sea, and even hovering over Manhattan
    Astro Orbitor removed and Rocket Jets returned to service...Exactly!
    Utilize Starcade better, perhaps an extended themed queue for SM....or maybe expand the game offerings to include unique-to-Disneyland virtual reality booths.
    New thematic detail added to Space Mountain Queue...plus bring back speed ramps...no one climbs stairs in the future
    Better themed restaurants and quality food choices (AKA Pizza Port and TT)...turn PP into a full service restaurant with booths that have windows looking down on the Earth below
    Work on architectural unity for all buildings and floor surfaces, create a timeless look....yes, but stay away from "hip" and "edgy". Bring back Mary Blair if nothing better can be orchestrated.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast