Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Well, I mean, they can't do any MAJOR refurb on the lagoon because of Matterhorn and Autopia... if they dig out too much or hit the wrong something, it is PLAUSIBLE that something could become structurally damaged at its core. Maybe it wouldn't cause a full COLLAPSE, but a sinking of the Autopia track or something is possible.
    The last time I checked, the Autopia is built on top of a HUGE concrete building that houses the Submarine attraction. No other part of the Autopia is supported by the Sub lagoon. And why would you think that the Matterhorn would be at all compromised by any amount of work being done in the Submarine lagoon? :confused:
    I have quite a bit of construction experience, and I am pretty knowledgeble about Disneyland. Every major attraction that is in Disneyland was ENGINEERED and built (some might say overbuilt) to very high standards. As an example, the 10 concrete pilings that hold up Tarzans Treehouse (once the beloved Swiss Family Treehouse) are 2 feet in diameter and go down 42 feet into the soil. That tree ain't going anywhere and neither is the Matterhorn or the Autopia. Just because the Matterhorn, the Autopia, Harbor Blvd., and the Sub lagoon are in close proximity to one another, doesn't mean that if MAJOR work is being done on one, that the others are going to be compomised.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    The last time I checked, the Autopia is built on top of a HUGE concrete building that houses the Submarine attraction. No other part of the Autopia is supported by the Sub lagoon. And why would you think that the Matterhorn would be at all compromised by any amount of work being done in the Submarine lagoon? :confused:
    I have quite a bit of construction experience, and I am pretty knowledgeble about Disneyland. Every major attraction that is in Disneyland was ENGINEERED and built (some might say overbuilt) to very high standards. As an example, the 10 concrete pilings that hold up Tarzans Treehouse (once the beloved Swiss Family Treehouse) are 2 feet in diameter and go down 42 feet into the soil. That tree ain't going anywhere and neither is the Matterhorn or the Autopia. Just because the Matterhorn, the Autopia, Harbor Blvd., and the Sub lagoon are in close proximity to one another, doesn't mean that if MAJOR work is being done on one, that the others are going to be compomised.
    I don't know anything-- I guess I'm speaking out of common sense. It seems logical to think that the top attractions might be compromised by constructing something new underneath them. I'm gladd you know more than I do and can keep me from worrying.

• Rainicorn.

I think my favorite rumor was hearing about speakers in the trees that told visitors to be happy...
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    Elephants and Manatees do have a common ancestor and are related.
    I think somebody missed the point of the post...

That and the fact that I didn't give the whole "rumor" that we've tried to spread.

This is not a rumor, but something I found funny. When we were watching the Main Street Electrical Parade and the "baroque hoedown" came over the speakers, my boyfriend (who had never been to Disney) said, "It's the underpants gnome song from South Park." They do sound alike.

Cris

That and the fact that I didn't give the whole "rumor" that we've tried to spread.
    I think the whole point of the manitee/elephant common ancestory has been lost on us.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Well they told me in Traditions when I started working at DLR, that Harbor Blvd. would sink if they drained the sub lagoon.

- FNDA
    This one really kills me! Have you every lived in a home with a swimming pool? Did your home collapse when you drained the pool?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    This one really kills me! Have you every lived in a home with a swimming pool? Did your home collapse when you drained the pool?
    Exactly! They did numerous rehabs on the Subs (about every 6 years) which included draining the lagoon and replacing all of the underwater items which faded due to ultraviolet, and chlorine exposure. This is probably one of the best Disneyland urban legends that I've heard, and it's been going around for years.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    I think the whole point of the manitee/elephant common ancestory has been lost on us.
    The whole story is an inside joke, but I said it because it is so bizare that I thought I might make a couple people laugh. I guess if everyone is going to be so literal, maybe I should keep my randomness to myself.

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I was crossing the drawbridge years ago and two elderly ladies were gazing into the moat and debating whether the swans were real.
    That is certainly understandable. For one thing, and I'm sorry if I offend anyone, there is the possibility to consider here.

You know the "fish" in that one part of the Big Thunder trail where the track to NAture's Wonderland ends? My mom, grandmother, and I were just watching onccewhen I was about 12. Nice calm moment during the day. We were there about 10 minutes when my grandmother said something along the lines of, "Is it just me, or are those the same three fish?"
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    This only continues to float my theory that CMs are worse than guests when it comes to bad information

- FNDA
    I could not agree with this post more.
    We heard about a dozen Urban Legends on our Walk In Walt's foot steps tour. (Two of my favorites - the unpainted spire on the castle was a direct statement in Walt's Will to never be painted so Disneyland would never be finished & after I had asked if anyone ever thought of turning the Tiki Room into a restaurant after all like the had originally planed for I was told that there were NEVER any plans to have had the Tiki Room be a food service place and that because they have bathrooms on site it is a common "Legend" people think, (I thought ok) and then I asked why there were bathrooms there and he replied so people would be able to use the restroom with out having to miss too much of the show. He then went on to explain how there is all this mis information about Disneyland out there and how he is glad he can help clear everything up) Besides my husband and myself everyone else on the tour were cast members ( and their family) and there were all sorts of mis information spouting out of their mouths.
    The information we received on the Christmas tour was hysterical. Especially when we went on Small World and she told us how Disney was so happy to have been doing the Christmas layover now because the original design of the ride called for 4 season layovers but because of the budget when the ride opened there were never able to do it.
    The last I will share was over heard from a cast member ( who was off and enjoying the park with her family) She told them there were so many cats in the park because for the opening of Aristocrats Walk Disney him self had released 100 cats into the park and they were then unable to catch them so he let them live in the park.

Anyways just thought I would share the great "facts" I have heard from Cast Members.

sorry didn't mean to post twice.

Guen
    Last edited by guendolyn; 04-12-2005 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Double post

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by guendolyn
    The last I will share was over heard from a cast member ( who was off and enjoying the park with her family) She told them there were so many cats in the park because for the opening of Aristocrats Walt Disney him self had released 100 cats into the park and they were then unable to catch them so he let them live in the park.
    Pretty nifty Imagineering trick, bringing Walt and his head out of deep freeze just for that opening.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    That is certainly understandable. For one thing, and I'm sorry if I offend anyone, there is the possibility to consider here.

You know the "fish" in that one part of the Big Thunder trail where the track to NAture's Wonderland ends? My mom, grandmother, and I were just watching onccewhen I was about 12. Nice calm moment during the day. We were there about 10 minutes when my grandmother said something along the lines of, "Is it just me, or are those the same three fish?"
    Which fish? :confused:

• Sock Puppet

About 3 and a half weeks ago I was in line for, yes, a frozen chocolate covered banana when a rumorator invaded my privacy bubble. "Did you know that those bananas are not really Del Monte?" I was inclined to powder off my back hand and put it across the left side of his face when I realized, "wait a second, maybe they aren't Del Monte? Maybe they are Chiquita?" And sure enough, after many letters written to the parks vending sector I was pleased to learn that in fact they really are Del Monte.
    Which just goes to show, don't believe everything you hear, especially if it is by a guy that is probably in his mid twenties early thirties but has enough acne and an equally adolocent voice and physique to convince even the shrewedest of the shrewd that he is 15.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast