Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Singing Drinker

Re: Fastpass Return Enforcement - How has your park experience changed?

I really honestly had no idea they honored the FPs after the stated time. I knew some of the networks were not connected up at first and all but never really remembered which was which.

Then again, it was rare that we'd use FPs to begin with. The concept of "Oh, here's what we'll be doing in six hours" just doesn't fit in with how I do parks any more. Heck, "We're still going to be here in six hours as opposed to being home icing down the back, knees and other joints" just doesn't fit in with how I do the parks any more.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Space Mountain, which was the worst at night, is definitely better. Indy is still bad just because of the way the line is set up and they should really consider changing it back to the way it was when the attraction first got FastPass.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The quietness on the topic pretty much makes it sound like the naysayers were exaggerating. Kind of like GAC reform too... Shy hasn't fallen yet
    I think you're onto something. People always stretch the truth and freak out when they learn they can't bend the rules anymore.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Puck2DaHead View Post
    I was a person who would use the FP system as it was established: RETURN AFTER A TIME. I was not breaking any rules when it said, "Return Time: 2:30-3:30," and then return at 5:00. If I was breaking a rule, they would not have allowed me to use the FP.
    It said BETWEEN not just AFTER

late returns were allowed as a customer service guesture - intended to be used as a way of giving back to a customer who was in need. Not that the times were to be ignored all together. You can tell yourself otherwise - but that's what it really was. And why Disney could claim enforcement wasn't a change in the system when they finally started enforcing their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck2DaHead View Post
    Oh well, I've learned to live with it, but I think it hurts Disney's 'ride count' on less popular attractions and it every so slightly hurts their merch and food sales when people like myself are too busy trying to get to the next attraction. Their loss IMHO.
    Thx for sharing your perspective
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I was one the always tried returning to the times given. I may have abused the system a few times once I found out you could return anytime.

I don't use FP a lot and when I do its for Space Mountain. I prefer waiting in line and enjoying the queue, Space doesn't have much of a queue. Back in October my gf and I got FPs for Star Tours. We had 20 minutes before we could use them. We noticed that Ghost Galaxy was only a 45 minute wait at the time since the fireworks were going on we decided to do that then go on Star Tours, thinking we still would be in our window. Well the wait time turned out to be longer than 45 minutes so the time we got to Star Tours it was about 5 minutes outside of our window. I asked the CM is if was still possible and she nicely gave the spiel and we said we were sorry and explained that Ghost Galaxy wait was longer than the time posted. She just asked next time we try to arrive in our window and she let us in and we thanked her.

I guess lesson learned that try to go for the beginning of the time posted.

• Sock Puppet

[QUOTE=flynnibus;1057052201 that's what it really was.[/QUOTE]

How wonderful that we have the King of Disney Rules, Their Meaning and Enforcement on this board

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Last Saturday was the first time we'd been since the change over - got FPs for both Indy and Radiator Springs racers. Both for later in the evening - we were late by about 15 minutes for both, and still got on both. SMiling and saying "sorry" helped.

•   
    • Minion

I never noticed a issue with the system before so my experience has been identical since the change.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It said BETWEEN not just AFTER

late returns were allowed as a customer service guesture - intended to be used as a way of giving back to a customer who was in need. Not that the times were to be ignored all together. You can tell yourself otherwise - but that's what it really was. And why Disney could claim enforcement wasn't a change in the system when they finally started enforcing their own rules.

Thx for sharing your perspective
    On the Fast Passes themselves one could figure out that you didn't have to return on time. The fast pass never said "late arrivals cannot be accommodated" until after the change. Before that they only said "cannot accept early arrivals". That gave an impression that the deadline could be ignored.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Done with MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    On the Fast Passes themselves one could figure out that you didn't have to return on time. The fast pass never said "late arrivals cannot be accommodated" until after the change. Before that they only said "cannot accept early arrivals". That gave an impression that the deadline could be ignored.
    It was never ambiguous to me. Between means just that.
    Speed limit signs just give the speed LIMIT. They don't say to do what ever you want and they don't spell out what will happen if you ignore them.
    I realize you'll want to argue the point and your free to go ahead and do so of course but your not going to convince anybody here.

I admit that I too was a FastPass abuser, but once the rules were enforced I had an "aww man" moment and then followed the rules and have yet to be really inconvenienced by it. It just take a bit more planning than before, no biggie!

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Speed limit signs just give the speed LIMIT. They don't say to do what ever you want and they don't spell out what will happen if you ignore them.
    I realize you'll want to argue the point and your free to go ahead and do so of course but your not going to convince anybody here.
    With speed limits you don't have the government telling you it's ok to ignore them. Disney CM's would tell people it's ok to ignore the return time.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    With speed limits you don't have the government telling you it's ok to ignore them. Disney CM's would tell people it's ok to ignore the return time.
    This has been beat to death in other threads.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 12-02-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    This. I didn't think that the FP gave anything other than a specific window of time. As I recall - and I don't have an old FP in front of me to check - there was also some language on the back about not showing up late.

I honestly didn't even realize anyone ever came back after their window, or that it was even possible, until I started reading this board.

Having said that, I wouldn't doubt that some CMs might have told guests they could come back late, and I'm not going to rake anyone over the coals for following those instructions. Over and done with now.

• Dont make me unfriend you

We now come to the park only once or twice a year. In the past, we would use the Fast passes anytime after the printed time. I learned about it here on these forums. It was Micechat that taught me that we could use them anytime. Micechat also taught us how to game the system and get two FP's at the same time by knowing which rides were not in the network. (I never did that, because I couldn't remember which rides I could do it on.)

This last time my family went was Nov 4th and 6th. The lines were so short that having FP was a bigger pain than it was worth. We used one FP the whole time we were there. I got it as soon as we entered for Soaring. The window was a couple of hours later. I was so worried about watching the clock that I didn't enjoy the morning as much as I could have.

I know we went at a very slow time and the standby times were only 10 to 15 minutes long anyways. So, we didn't use FP for the rest of the trip. I just didn't like having to watch the clock so closely. It's not the end of the world. When it's crowded we may use them more. But in my one visit since the policy has been put in place, I don't like it.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast