Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Fastpass Return Enforcement - How has your park experience changed?

My enjoyment of the park hasn't changed at all. I love it every time I go. But I have observed no effect on wait times. Same thing for GAC >> DAS. No change at all. Attractions that were 40 minutes before are 40 minutes now.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    This. I didn't think that the FP gave anything other than a specific window of time. As I recall - and I don't have an old FP in front of me to check - there was also some language on the back about not showing up late.
    Fast Passes before the change only said you couldn't show up early. Nothing about being late.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Pilot EdForceOne

So it's interesting that people haven't seen a noticeable change in the queues. Surprised any CMs haven't really chimed in either.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I never abused the FP window. My party and I always returned BETWEEN the time as the tickets stated, never late. It's not really a hard concept to do, nor is it a hassle. People just don't like change, and if they were the ones taking advantage of the late returns, then of course most of them are not going to like the new enforcement. I'm super happy about it, because the standby lines were always kept waiting longer when the people abusing the FP return times would come later at night (especially Space Mountain). It's the "ME FIRST!" mentality. A lot of people don't care if they inconvenience others as long as they get to do what they want to do, when they want to do it.

On our previous trip, we got FP for Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run specifically so we could ride these right before we left the park, either at lunch or the end of the day. I'm working our our touring plans for our next trip and it seems this is going to be a little trickier this time.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sandysue View Post
    On our previous trip, we got FP for Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run specifically so we could ride these right before we left the park, either at lunch or the end of the day. I'm working our our touring plans for our next trip and it seems this is going to be a little trickier this time.
    This doesn't hold true if you're leaving at lunchtime, but if you're going to either of these rides in the hour before closing, in my experience they're always walk-ons so you don't even need the FastPass then. I've been there several times when the CMs have just let everyone just keep riding through because there's nobody in line. It's cold at night and nobody wants to get on a water ride then, so the line dwindles to nothing.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• a wind to shake the stars

I used to return after the window all the time. Why wouldn't you? Disney allowed it and it was great to ride things at night or when the lines were longer at the end of the day. Now I can't do that, which is fine, I'll just have to adjust how I visit.

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    So it's interesting that people haven't seen a noticeable change in the queues. Surprised any CMs haven't really chimed in either.
    This was my theory all along. I extremely doubted the effect of strict FP return times, and one of my reasons was that many people didn't realize they could show up any time after their window opened.

Where I can tell the difference is the pace of the standby line on HM where FP was eliminated. I'm not an advocate of eliminating FP (because I use it to my advantage quite frequently), but I am accepting the fact that it's nice to walk through the standby line for HM without standing in the same spot, waiting for FP guests to go in front of you. Having said that, FP is a free system and is available to be used...if a guest doesn't like waiting for a FP guest to jump in front of them in line, then obviously they aren't using FP for their own advantage, which is their shame...not others.

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Yeah I have to admit, I used to abuse the return time as well, though I'd also say that for every time I did that I probably didn't use a set and gave them away as well.

I admit to abusing it but it was more of something not unlike an extra life in a video game, in a sense. By that, I mean I usually did make it to the attraction in my allotted time, but if I didn't make it I'd say "Oh well" and just go back to whatever it was I got the FP for later in the evening.

It's not a terrible hassle. It is a hassle, however, on a particularly crowded day when I'm trying to transfer from park-to-park just to meet my time. This past spring break was a prime example of that when my sister, a few friends and I went to DCA, but the time was nearing for use of our Splash Mountain FP's, but the Esplanade crowds... were quite something. DL's lines stretched to DCA and DCA's stretched to DL so we decided to head to the Monorail... Yeah it took us an hour just to try and get back in the parks, but luckily, the CM let us in, no questions asked.

• revolutionary waltz

It hasn't affected me at all, I always just used the fastpass for the time allotted. If I wanted to grab a fastpass, but the return time was inconvenient, I just wouldn't grab it. Honestly, returning outside of the return time beyond like 5-10 mins (stuff happens) has always felt to me like a bending of the spirit of the rules, even if it isn't explicitly against the rules.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

There was never going to be any change in wait times. Guests have decided that they are willing to wait "x" minutes for Space Mt., or Splash, or any attraction regardless of what else is happening.

Its true that the curbed abuse of FP and the GAC means that less people are using alternative entrances, but as soon as this reduces the wait at the standby line, more people checking their wait time apps or the reader board at the hub will head there and bring it back up to the average wait time.

The only real perk is that more standby people will get to experience per hour, although they will still wait the same amount of time to do so. The only way to decrease wait times is to increase capacity against attendance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123