View Poll Results: Best Place Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride Might Lay Down Its Tracks?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Former Motor Boat Cruise Area

25 35.21%
  • Tear Out Fantasy Faire Area & Lay Down Tracks

7 9.86%
  • Replace Fantasy Faire & Gadjet's Go Coaster area with Mine Train & tunnel under DL Railroad

9 12.68%
  • Uproot Redwood Challenge Trail & Throw Dwarf Mine Train Ride

11 15.49%
  • Replace Muppet Vision With Virtual Version Mine Train

0 0%
  • Make Room For Train By Sacking Half of Paradise Pier

1 1.41%
  • Merge Mine Train With PP Looped Coaster To Create "Seven Dwarfs Screamin'"!

2 2.82%
  • Can't Go wrong With Any Of These Ideas. Even Snow Whire Approves!

0 0%
  • Nothing here appeals to me. did you hire Dopey as a consultant for this thread?

20 28.17%
  • Would prefer original ride based on Snow and the Seven

7 9.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in DL? (Merged)

You didn't put the obvious one and the one that Disney even agrees with. Get rid of child land(ToonTown) and extend Fantasyland to a more proper land.

•   
    • Minion

I'd honestly prefer an original ride, rather than something that is a clone or a remake of an attraction that's already in WDW or Shanghai.

Having said that, the only place in the park I'd want to sacrifice for something new is the Innoventions/Autopia area. And I'd either move a modified Autopia to a new spur of Cars Land, or make an Aquatopia, instead of totally scrapping it.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    +3. Enough with the cloning.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by RaddaRadda View Post
    You didn't put the obvious one and the one that Disney even agrees with. Get rid of child land(ToonTown) and extend Fantasyland to a more proper land.
    What are you talking about? What does "Disney even agree with?"

I wouldn't mind having it, sometimes I wish we had a bit more clones as I will never go to Disneyworld (too costly and too far) or any of the other parks and there are a couple rides I would not mind riding.

• Heavy Breather

Disneyland doesn't need it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'd rather get a ride with the same system but themed to the Gold Rush....and put it in Frontierland
    Great idea. I had in the past suggested a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for the Redwood area. But your idea would liven up the area too.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^I would not say that....if they made a ride pretty simliar to mystical manor...I'd very much be down for it to make it way to the parks..its the best ride Disney has made since....Indy
    Mystic Manor rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Sorry, Snow White's Scary Adventures is a great attraction and shouldn't be torn out for an ordinary roller coaster.
    I have treasured Snow White's Scary Adventure (old and refurbed incarnation) since I was a child. Am looking forward to the revamping of each of the Fairy Tail Fantasyland darkrides, and would never favor replacing any of them. I do not see any reason that Disney could not keep the current Alice, plus add the Dwarfs Mine Train ride elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Your poll says "Fantasy Faire" twice. Do you want to tear out the Princess Fantasy Faire area for the coaster or are you confusing it for the Fantasyland Theatre?
    Actually, I wouldn't miss either area for the Dwarfs hyper fun swiveling coaster/dark ride. If the princesses want to entertain me with a musical show or an autograph, they would have to do so at the Mine Train station.

Quote Originally Posted by RaddaRadda View Post
    Mickey and Minnie's houses and Roger Rabit's Cartoon Spin can stay. I would gladly favor Disney imploding the rest of Doom Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I'd honestly prefer an original ride, rather than something that is a clone or a remake of an attraction that's already in WDW or Shanghai.

Having said that, the only place in the park I'd want to sacrifice for something new is the Innoventions/Autopia area. And I'd either move a modified Autopia to a new spur of Cars Land, or make an Aquatopia, instead of totally scrapping it.
    Getting rid of Innoventions seems to be on almost everone's mind these days. I don't see any point in keeping any form of Autopia now that Radiator Springs Racers dominates it as a state-of-the art interactive-attractive fun-filled ramily ride for young and old alike. However, I've thought for some time now that an aquatiopia type ride Themed to Cars boats) for Cars Land be a major splash!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-26-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Disneyland doesn't need it.
    Perhaps not, but I'd still like to see an equivalent.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Not the Hawkguy

Use the mine train technology from Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride and use it towards something in Frontierland or Grizzly Peaks.

• Former Churro Jockey

I guess I have to be the contrarian and say I'm a fan of cloning. WDW has some really great rides that I'd love to see brought over here. Great Movie Ride, Mickey's PhilharMagic, DINOSAUR, Mission: Space, and Test Track are the ones I can think off off the top of my head.

Aso for the mine train, I guess the motorboat lagoon makes the most sense, but remember, that's part of the parade route, so you have to take into consideration that the line for the mine train can't get mixed up with the people waiting to see the parade. I think a two-story indoor queue would probably be the way to go with that.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Your poll says "Fantasy Faire" twice. Do you want to tear out the Princess Fantasy Faire area for the coaster or are you confusing it for the Fantasyland Theatre?
    That figures.

Dopey was hired as a consultant for this thread, after he lost his job designing some website for President Obama

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I guess I have to be the contrarian and say I'm a fan of cloning. WDW has some really great rides that I'd love to see brought over here. Great Movie Ride, Mickey's PhilharMagic, DINOSAUR, Mission: Space, and Test Track are the ones I can think off off the top of my head.

Aso for the mine train, I guess the motorboat lagoon makes the most sense, but remember, that's part of the parade route, so you have to take into consideration that the line for the mine train can't get mixed up with the people waiting to see the parade. I think a two-story indoor queue would probably be the way to go with that.
    Indiana Jones and Carsland are better than Dinosaur and Test Track. Scratch those two from your list, they'd underwhelm and be repetitive and disappointing here.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Indiana Jones and Carsland are better than Dinosaur and Test Track. Scratch those two from your list, they'd underwhelm and be repetitive and disappointing here.
    I don't know, having Dinosaur right next to Indy would be a great way to bring one of the classic JC jokes to life on the streets of Disneyland. "Off to the left hand side of the path you'll see one of Disneyland's crowning achievements - Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. It's a unique experience with nothing like it in ride or layout. Now, for those of you with short-term memory loss and a love of dinosaurs, on the right hand side of the path you'll see one of Disneyland's crowning achievements - Dinosaur, Countdown to Extinction. It's a unique experience with nothing like it in ride or layout..."
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Use the mine train technology from Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride and use it towards something in Frontierland or Grizzly Peaks.
    Maybe they can relocate (or gut out) Winnie the Pooh and have a coaster with a critter theme there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Well it really depends on the ride you're cloning. Little things that people would expect to have in the parks like Pirates or Peter Pan I can understand cloning. But I do agree that there needs to be enough uniqueness and variety to balance it out. I wouldn't mind the mine coaster in DLR if they went with a different theme other than Snow White.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Well, I do like Dinosaur better, but I'll be honest and say that I had been on Indy probably 25 times before I ever rode Dinosaur, so some of that might just be that it's something different. However, I'd still love to see it somewhere at DLR, maybe in DCA (hey, there were dinosaurs in CA once, right?). However, I definitely feel that Test Track is better then RSR. It's a lot longer ride, and specifically during the "racing" part of the ride Test Track feels like it is twice as long as RSR. I think the beginning part of Test Track 1.0 was dumb (haven't been on 2.0), and I hated that you could see backstage, but the ride itself is awesome and definitely one of my top five Disney rides of all time.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast