View Poll Results: Best Place Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride Might Lay Down Its Tracks?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Former Motor Boat Cruise Area

25 35.21%
  • Tear Out Fantasy Faire Area & Lay Down Tracks

7 9.86%
  • Replace Fantasy Faire & Gadjet's Go Coaster area with Mine Train & tunnel under DL Railroad

9 12.68%
  • Uproot Redwood Challenge Trail & Throw Dwarf Mine Train Ride

11 15.49%
  • Replace Muppet Vision With Virtual Version Mine Train

0 0%
  • Make Room For Train By Sacking Half of Paradise Pier

1 1.41%
  • Merge Mine Train With PP Looped Coaster To Create "Seven Dwarfs Screamin'"!

2 2.82%
  • Can't Go wrong With Any Of These Ideas. Even Snow Whire Approves!

0 0%
  • Nothing here appeals to me. did you hire Dopey as a consultant for this thread?

20 28.17%
  • Would prefer original ride based on Snow and the Seven

7 9.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in DL? (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    It saddened me when Florida's Magic Kingdom removed the Snow White darkride due to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. If the original darkride were to be removed due to the cloning of the Mine train, I would be completely against the Dwarfs Train train like you sisters.

I'm still convinced the main reason for MK's Snow White removal was to have some place to put the Princess Meet n Greet. The mine coaster being themed to Snow White provided a good excuse.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I'm still convinced the main reason for MK's Snow White removal was to have some place to put the Princess Meet n Greet. The mine coaster being themed to Snow White provided a good excuse.
    You're likely right on about the Princess M&G excuse. But the empty suits could have easily kept the Snow darkride and placed an extra place on the new Fantasyland expansion available.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-02-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

I like the idea of using the ride system and somehow make it fit in the redwood creek challenge area. I think if they got a bit creative with its placement they could repurpose the wide walkway between this area and the grizzled rapid and rebuild it so that it intertwined with the coaster or maybe digging down a. It into the ground so that the track layout overlaps each other within the mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I like the idea of using the ride system and somehow make it fit in the redwood creek challenge area. I think if they got a bit creative with its placement they could repurpose the wide walkway between this area and the grizzled rapid and rebuild it so that it intertwined with the coaster or maybe digging down a. It into the ground so that the track layout overlaps each other within the mountain
    They could place it on the other side, where the nearly always empty Wine Trattoria and Blue Sky Cellar is. That little area is themed to exactly nothing, belongs to no land and draws bupkis amount of people. That way we can switch out a useless restaurant and expand an existing land without removing a bona fide attraction.

• curiouser and curiouser

Seven Dwarfs coaster in DL?

Let's say that the Seven Dwarfs coaster in WDW is a huge success, what do you think the chances are that it ends up in DL as well? And where would you place it if it was up to you?

The obvious choice seems to be getting rid of Autopia and putting something else in it's place, but for me I would rather have something else there, maybe even a new land and instead put the Seven Dwarfs coaster behind Casey Jr. where the Fantasyland theatre currently sits.
    The Fantasyland theatre seems easier to relocate as it doesn't necessarily need to be tied to any specific land. If they just called it The Disneyland Theatre it could go between Main Street behind the first aid.

Re: Seven Dwarfs coaster in DL?

Well they could just add the dwarfs to the BTMT and call it done. J/k
    I say let the dwarfs mine train be exclusive to WDW and RSR be exclusive to DLR.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

That may be what's taking Big Thunder so long

• Not the Hawkguy

Didn't we already have a thread for this?

Anyways, to summarize from that thread, best places would be Motor Boat Lagoon, Fantasyland Theater, Big Thunder Ranch, and the Grizzly Play area. Those latter two ideas would include a retheming into a Gold Rush/49ers theme.

• world class bilge rat

Not everyone likes thrill rides......

• Minion

Seven Dwarves mine train doesn't seem like a thrill ride

While I do feel like that area of the park could use a new ride, I'm not sure SDC is the right one. I would love to see the current dark rides updated first, and then maybe a new one based on Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, or maybe even Frozen. I would also really love a dark ride based on The Princess & The Frog in New Orleans Square. If it's a thrill ride we're after, I say fix the Matterhorn first! So uncomfortable these days.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Repurposing the wide walkway is a great idea, Baloo! Good to see you Baloo! I

n past threads/posts, I have touted the notion of a mine train that travels thru the Redwood area and/or on, around and thru Grizzly Peak and interacting with Grizzly River Run.

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    They could place it on the other side, where the nearly always empty Wine Trattoria and Blue Sky Cellar is. That little area is themed to exactly nothing, belongs to no land and draws bupkis amount of people. That way we can switch out a useless restaurant and expand an existing land without removing a bona fide attraction.
    Incorporating Wine Trattoria and Blur Sky Cellar space into the ride is a savvy notion on your part choo choo (Your name is very apropos for this therad by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    Let's say that the Seven Dwarfs coaster in WDW is a huge success, what do you think the chances are that it ends up in DL as well? And where would you place it if it was up to you?.
    I would tear out Fantasyland Theatre, tunnl under the Disneyland Railroad and tear out Gadget's Go Coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    The obvious choice seems to be getting rid of Autopia and putting something else in it's place, but for me I would rather have something else there, maybe even a new land and instead put the Seven Dwarfs coaster behind Casey Jr. where the Fantasyland theatre currently sits.
    The Fantasyland theatre seems easier to relocate as it doesn't necessarily need to be tied to any specific land. If they just called it The Disneyland Theatre it could go between Main Street behind the first aid.
    Someplace in the Main Street vicinity (including backstage) would be an excellent place for a new Fantasyland Theater replacement (the Fantasyland reference would have to go of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wilkinson View Post
    Well they could just add the dwarfs to the BTMT and call it done. J/k
    I say let the dwarfs mine train be exclusive to WDW and RSR be exclusive to DLR.
    Or....Disney could make the mine train a part of Radiaor Springs Racers and have it travel alongside part of the roadway and thru the Mountainous backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    That may be what's taking Big Thunder so long
    I'll bet that Snow and the Seven are burning the midnight oil doubling as Big Thunder mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Didn't we already have a thread for this?

Anyways, to summarize from that thread, best places would be Motor Boat Lagoon, Fantasyland Theater, Big Thunder Ranch, and the Grizzly Play area. Those latter two ideas would include a retheming into a Gold Rush/49ers theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorld View Post
    While I do feel like that area of the park could use a new ride, I'm not sure SDC is the right one. I would love to see the current dark rides updated first, and then maybe a new one based on Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, or maybe even Frozen. I would also really love a dark ride based on The Princess & The Frog in New Orleans Square. If it's a thrill ride we're after, I say fix the Matterhorn first! So uncomfortable these days.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Sorry, Snow White's Scary Adventures is a great attraction and shouldn't be torn out for an ordinary roller coaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I think it really was a mistake for MK to trade one for the other, rather than a to the park. But they did need more meet and greet capacity. More people are in WDW waiting for meets and greets that serve one person to a family at a time than any other attraction that can load dozens of more people at a time.

It does seem novel so I hope we get the ride in some manner. Unless it runs like Rocket Rods. It will surely get long lines whether it is good or not, all MK rides do.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Nic

Re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in DL? (Merged)

I'd love it if the Mine Train was re-themed to the Country Bears, with "Ole Slew Foot" playing in the background as you race through Northern California Redwoods. You could even add Max, Buff, and Melvin before you start the coaster segment making jokes/warning riders/doing the safety spiel. Even though they are the "Country" Bears, there could be some sort of backstory on how they're vacationing in California.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in DL? (Merged)

QUOTE=Nirya;1057053877]Didn't we already have a thread for this?

Anyways, to summarize from that thread, best places would be Motor Boat Lagoon, Fantasyland Theater, Big Thunder Ranch, and the Grizzly Play area. Those latter two ideas would include a retheming into a Gold Rush/49ers theme.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with a retheming. It's primarily the ride system and outdoor/indoor elements that draw my excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Not everyone likes any kind of a ride. Besides, the swiveling car mine train is a fast and furiously fun coaster for the entire family - and does not compare to an intense adrenal-coaster like California Screamin'.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    It's simply an action packed exhilerting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorld View Post
    Updating the early DL period Fantasyland darkrides in line with current technology is a priority to me as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast