View Poll Results: Best Place Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride Might Lay Down Its Tracks?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Former Motor Boat Cruise Area

25 35.21%
  • Tear Out Fantasy Faire Area & Lay Down Tracks

7 9.86%
  • Replace Fantasy Faire & Gadjet's Go Coaster area with Mine Train & tunnel under DL Railroad

9 12.68%
  • Uproot Redwood Challenge Trail & Throw Dwarf Mine Train Ride

11 15.49%
  • Replace Muppet Vision With Virtual Version Mine Train

0 0%
  • Make Room For Train By Sacking Half of Paradise Pier

1 1.41%
  • Merge Mine Train With PP Looped Coaster To Create "Seven Dwarfs Screamin'"!

2 2.82%
  • Can't Go wrong With Any Of These Ideas. Even Snow Whire Approves!

0 0%
  • Nothing here appeals to me. did you hire Dopey as a consultant for this thread?

20 28.17%
  • Would prefer original ride based on Snow and the Seven

7 9.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in DL? (Merged)

Since WDW and Shanghai Disneyland are each getting a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride, it would be awesome if our Disneyland were to be the next recipiant. If you are intrigued by this thought, please don't hesitate to make a whistle-stop here and let me know where in you would like it to go.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Artistic integrity

re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in DL? (Merged)

Where would you put it RideWarrior?

(Not that I'd want one - I hate the concept of McDisney parks, and cloning attractions left, right, and center )

Just to entertain ourselves ... I do wonder where it could go .. given DL's tight 85 acres .. which are all pretty much developed. Something would have to go. What would that be?

Fantasyland would have to expand into territory currently occupied by Frontierland (the petty farm and barbecue place).

But it would be a compact version of WDW's. And from what I understand ... their version is going to be lite on showroom scenes. And I'm not particularly wild about very mild "lite" versions of something that already is going on the "lite" side.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

I'd honestly rather have something that Disneyworld doesn't have, even if the Mine Train coaster turns out to be great.

I'd rather have something unique as well, but if we had to the only place I can imagine is where FL theater currently sits with the possibility of also expanding behind the railroad tracks. I supposed they could also stick it in the motorboat/Autopia area but I don't know about it being that close to Matterhorn.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    ...(Not that I'd want one - I hate the concept of McDisney parks, and cloning attractions left, right, and center )
    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I'd honestly rather have something that Disneyworld doesn't have, even if the Mine Train coaster turns out to be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I'd rather have something unique as well...
    +3. Enough with the cloning.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

If it's successful, they should repurpose the ride system for a gold mine coaster and put it in the Redwood Creek area. They could move most of the playground stuff currently there to the space behind the plane and the "Bear Left" sign near the hotel.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Where would you put it RideWarrior?

(Not that I'd want one - I hate the concept of McDisney parks, and cloning attractions left, right, and center )

Just to entertain ourselves ... I do wonder where it could go .. given DL's tight 85 acres .. which are all pretty much developed. Something would have to go. What would that be?

Fantasyland would have to expand into territory currently occupied by Frontierland (the petty farm and barbecue place).

But it would be a compact version of WDW's. And from what I understand ... their version is going to be lite on showroom scenes. And I'm not particularly wild about very mild "lite" versions of something that already is going on the "lite" side.
    Replacing the Motor Boat Cruise area would be what I feel is the best idea. Land beyond the berm could be added as well. Would like to see the Autopia area ton out for more land, especially since it's a crummy carny ride similar in theme to the far superior eticket RSR in Cars Land.

I would not desire to see any of Frontierland's land taken as I am waiting with baited breath for that land to expand unmder its own theming.

Replacing the Motor Boat Cruise area would be what I feel is the best idea. Land beyond the berm could be added as well. Would like to see the Autopia area ton out for more land, especially since it's a crummy carny ride similar in theme to the far superior eticket RSR in Cars Land.

I would not desire to see any of Frontierland's land taken as I am waiting with baited breath for that land to expand unmder its own theming.

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I'd rather have something unique as well, but if we had to the only place I can imagine is where FL theater currently sits with the possibility of also expanding behind the railroad tracks. I supposed they could also stick it in the motorboat/Autopia area but I don't know about it being that close to Matterhorn.
    The Fantasyland theater would be a perfect place for the ride, and going beyond the DL Railroad tracks is an idea that I am with you all the way on, Clippers. I pretty much included this in my poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    If it's successful, they should repurpose the ride system for a gold mine coaster and put it in the Redwood Creek area. They could move most of the playground stuff currently there to the space behind the plane and the "Bear Left" sign near the hotel.
    In my poll, I included the option of using the land occupied by the Redwood Creek area. Your idea of making it a Gold Mine Coaster is perfect Uncle Bob!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-25-2013 at 08:02 PM.

The answer to just about everything is getting rid of Autopia. The thing takes up practically a fifth of the whole park. Give the northern half (N of lagoon) to a big Fantasyland expansion (Beauty & the Beast E-ticket, Snow White coaster, & Cinderella classic FL-style darkride), and the southern part & loading zone (along with Innoventions building) to a big new Tomorrowland E-ticket of your choice. The sub building would have to go through a long closure for new support & reinforcement piers to be put in, but it could be done.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    The answer to just about everything is getting rid of Autopia. The thing takes up practically a fifth of the whole park. Give the northern half (N of lagoon) to a big Fantasyland expansion (Beauty & the Beast E-ticket, Snow White coaster, & Cinderella classic FL-style darkride), and the southern part & loading zone (along with Innoventions building) to a big new Tomorrowland E-ticket of your choice. The sub building would have to go through a long closure for new support & reinforcement piers to be put in, but it could be done.
    The swiveling mine train is so unique and fun, it would be worth it for any Disney theme park resort to go out of their way to add land and money to build one
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-25-2013 at 08:17 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Excellent well thought out ideas greenalfonzo, including taking into consideration the need for infrastructural support system improvements. The more I think about it, you are right that Autopia just plain needs to go for many, many reasons.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-27-2013 at 10:54 AM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'd rather get a ride with the same system but themed to the Gold Rush....and put it in Frontierland

• Minion

I'm with everyone else, enough with the cloning. I don't like cloned rides, no matter how cool they are.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I would not say that....if they made a ride pretty simliar to mystical manor...I'd very much be down for it to make it way to the parks..its the best ride Disney has made since....Indy

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Sorry, Snow White's Scary Adventures is a great attraction and shouldn't be torn out for an ordinary roller coaster.

• Evil is Sexy

Your poll says "Fantasy Faire" twice. Do you want to tear out the Princess Fantasy Faire area for the coaster or are you confusing it for the Fantasyland Theatre?
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast