Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Re: Submarines plan to close permanently Jan 4 other bad news

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    With this latest update: Disneyland Resort off season is blissfully uncrowded

I find it hard to believe the lagoon is just going to sit, waiting for approval from the big bosses for a "Star Wars" overhaul.

Looks a lot more like a coming REFURBISHMENT of the ride.

Since when do lots of blue tarps, temporary walls, and divers discovered in a lagoon ... indicate leaving the lagoon to sit unused for the longhaul?

EDIT - I thought I'd take a look at what the Disney Park Blog site has to say .. the best I could find is a column a month old - Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland Park to Close for Refurbishment January 6 « Disney Parks Blog

If this is a lie coming from Disney, would this be a "Disney Park's Blog" first?
    I find it hard to believe as well with so much activity going on. As well, if they were going into long term storage would they really leave the subs outside? It looks like there are only six of the subs outside by the dock so I'm assuming they parked the other two inside the show building somewhere. If they were going into long term storage, wouldn't they move all eight of them inside rather than leave some out?!
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

J.J. Abrams Says 'Star Wars Episode VII' Script Done, Confirms Jesse Plemons Talks - TheWrap

Looks like the script for Star Wars Episode VII is done so now they cant use it as an excuse to say that aren't putting in more Star Wars attractions in the parks until the script is done.

any noticeable updates/pics?
    Last edited by mondo; 01-20-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    any noticeable updates/pics?
    Nothing yet, apparently....

but keep an eye out at this website:

Disneyland Photo Report - January 13, 2014 — DisneylandLive

If nothing here at this site ... this one may have something up soon.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Donald's #1 Fan

I have to wonder how the MiceAge crew is going to try to spin this one. The subs are definitely coming back....

"If you're handicapping, ride operators give the attraction, on average, a greater than 75 percent chance of reopening. And what gives them extra insight is that maintenance had ordered a lot of spare parts for the attraction—something they certainly wouldn't invest in if the ride wasn't coming back."

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10594/Are_the_Subs_Sunk

Do you think there working on a new tommorrowland chesirecat ?

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    I have to wonder how the MiceAge crew is going to try to spin this one. The subs are definitely coming back....
    Alright, that's enough. You keep pounding away with this hate for miceage that's simply unfounded. You've twisted the words of the blog to match the disdain you seem to have for miceage into something more definitive than they've ever actually been. The blog has been told by their sources over and over and over that Disney is just looking for an excuse to close the subs because of their massive cost, but until they actually have that excuse (budget based) they will refurb and keep it running. How you think that needs any kind of spin I find a bit manic.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Alright, that's enough. You keep pounding away with this hate for miceage that's simply unfounded. You've twisted the words of the blog to match the disdain you seem to have for miceage into something more definitive than they've ever actually been. The blog has been told by their sources over and over and over that Disney is just looking for an excuse to close the subs because of their massive cost, but until they actually have that excuse (budget based) they will refurb and keep it running. How you think that needs any kind of spin I find a bit manic.
    Years ago, that sources used to be amazing. To the point they had special teams come in and sweep the conference rooms for bugs/listening devices. The stories I've heard from the people in those offices...

Lately, not so much. And with all the conflicting information, it feels like Disney is pulling an Apple and compartmentalizing information to track down the leaks and silence them.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I will say that by my own friends that I have made through mice chat over the years, that now work high up in Disney, on shows and attractions... most of these rumors are false... money is still happening. In fact their full budgets were approved for 60th parade and fireworks....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

It does seem like there is, at times, a disinformation campaign. And IF there is any truth to that, and it protects surprises, then that's kinda cool

Makes me excited about the parade again.. the HKDL Paint the Night parade sounds awesome so far, and seems like it could be used as a new MSEP with some minor alterations.

• Not on the Jedi Council

On Wednesday night, I attended an event with Marty Sklar talking about Imagineering, his book, and Walt. We got to see lots of special things, like Walt's pitch speech for EPCOT, and pics of all the parks as cleared plots of land before they started building.

I specifically asked about the sub, and he was very definite in his answer: The subs really do need lots of maintenance, but they are NOT going away. Millions of people have been underwater in Disney subs, far more than have ever been in real subs in the oceans. He was quite proud of that fact, and quite definite in his answer, and I believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    On Wednesday night, I attended an event with Marty Sklar talking about Imagineering, his book, and Walt. We got to see lots of special things, like Walt's pitch speech for EPCOT, and pics of all the parks as cleared plots of land before they started building.

I specifically asked about the sub, and he was very definite in his answer: The subs really do need lots of maintenance, but they are NOT going away. Millions of people have been underwater in Disney subs, far more than have ever been in real subs in the oceans. He was quite proud of that fact, and quite definite in his answer, and I believe him.
    Thank you, I think that's the answer that all of us here are looking for instead of all these rumors of closing down. I find it hard to believe that they dumped all this money in between 05-06 just to close it down now, only 7 years later where as the original iteration of the ride ran for much longer, granted it had a fair amount of downtime for maintenance as well.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

The approved budget would be for a NEW night parade? Or the returning of the electrical parade? Or was that false as well?

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast