Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast

• film975

Re: Submarines plan to close permanently Jan 4 other bad news

Even Tony Baxter has the said that the Subs aren't going anywhere. Sometimes I feel like MiceChat has some sort of personal grudge against them. But is Star Wars really the best thing to replace them with if it ever does happen?

It's possible that disneyland will keep the submarines and re theme them to Star Wars if and when they start the Star Wars plans. They might not be getting rid of the submarines after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nland316 View Post
    The approved budget would be for a NEW night parade? Or the returning of the electrical parade? Or was that false as well?
    Possibly a little of both. A brand new parade, a brand new electrical parade. The parade that Honk Kong is getting soon was called the "Animazement electrical night parade", now called "paint the night" ?

Sounds a lot like MSEP, but with an interactive element and many many individually controlled RGB LEDs...

like reverse Glow with the Show... This part is my own careless speculation: you might be able to buy some kind of wand, laser gun that you can use to help paint the leds a color as it travels into a new zone (if the float is red as it comes into your zone, you can help paint it a new color for your zone. Everyone probably paints the same color so it isn't a mess)

• Not on the Jedi Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan3224 View Post
    It's possible that disneyland will keep the submarines and re theme them to Star Wars if and when they start the Star Wars plans. They might not be getting rid of the submarines after all.
    So weesa be gettin da Jar Jar's Big Adventure and weesa goin tru da planet's core? lr would it be the clone homeworld of Kamino? Unless there's a water world in the new films, I think Nemo is the brand they will stick with for now.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    So weesa be gettin da Jar Jar's Big Adventure and weesa goin tru da planet's core? lr would it be the clone homeworld of Kamino? Unless there's a water world in the new films, I think Nemo is the brand they will stick with for now.
    I think they will stick with Nemo, especially since Finding Dory is due out in a few years. The planet core sub in my opinion would be really repetitive since we already have the one scene in Star Tours, besides if there's one thing I don't want to see in Tomorrowland, its Jar Jar Binks...
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nland316 View Post
    The approved budget would be for a NEW night parade? Or the returning of the electrical parade? Or was that false as well?
    The budget is for a 60th anniversary parade to replace Soundsational.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• враг народа

Blog Entries

On Wednesday night, I attended an event with Marty Sklar talking about Imagineering, his book, and Walt. We got to see lots of special things, like Walt's pitch speech for EPCOT, and pics of all the parks as cleared plots of land before they started building.

I specifically asked about the sub, and he was very definite in his answer: The subs really do need lots of maintenance, but they are NOT going away. Millions of people have been underwater in Disney subs, far more than have ever been in real subs in the oceans. He was quite proud of that fact, and quite definite in his answer, and I believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Even Tony Baxter has the said that the Subs aren't going anywhere. Sometimes I feel like MiceChat has some sort of personal grudge against them. But is Star Wars really the best thing to replace them with if it ever does happen?
    Marty Sklar and Tony Baxter are not employed by Walt Disney Imagineering.

• Artistic integrity

I suppose we'll know whether they are 'dry docking' the subs forever .. or rehabbing them .... when the crews reach a certain point within a couple of weeks.

My hunch, they're rehabbing them.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

The subs will be back. They will have a Finding Dory theme eventually, and especially be up and running for the 60th anniversary. Starting in the spring of 2015, Disneyland will have every attraction operational for this celebration. Now after that, yes, count on the subs going away. It is the most expensive attraction to operate in the entire resort.

• Not on the Jedi Council

lazyboy, he was not alone, and that's as far as I will go with that. The subs are not closing.

• Donald's #1 Fan

lazyboy, he was not alone, and that's as far as I will go with that. The subs are not closing.
    It's a sad day when people believe an anon source on an Internet forum over the words of Marty Sklar and Tony Baxter.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    No, but I'm willing to bet they have a significantly higher number of "sources" at Disney than anyone at MiceChat/Age does, and I'm willing to bet their sources are significantly higher placed. And I'm willing to bet both are still consulted on things from time to time.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Baxter is still involved with Imagineering.

• Singing Drinker

..and their sources are worse than MiceAge's?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by Saark View Post
    The subs will be back. They will have a Finding Dory theme eventually, and especially be up and running for the 60th anniversary. Starting in the spring of 2015, Disneyland will have every attraction operational for this celebration. Now after that, yes, count on the subs going away. It is the most expensive attraction to operate in the entire resort.
    You said it yourself: the subs are the most expensive attraction to operate in the entire resort, so why would they spend money on re-theming it to Dory if it's bound to be torn down within a few years anyway?

To say with conviction that the subs are definitely coming back/definitely getting the axe when none of us have proof either way seems a little ignorant.

If I were to guess I'd say that there's a fairly big chance that the subs aren't coming back. I don't know for sure but it's certainly leaning in that direction.