Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

• Down Pluto!

Re: Here's a link to a MyMagic+ poll

Let's just hope it stays in WDW.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Blew By You

The only good thing is that it'll lead to Iger, and the rest of the gang's firing. Just as an OT, it seems like there's been way too much of this kind of business nonsense happening: run away spending, lowering of costumer services, bad business practices, free market panics, etc. Hope good things come out of all this mess.

• MaliBOOMer

MyMagic+ scares me...
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-26-2013 at 11:59 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• MaliBOOMer

My biggest complaint about the system. The 3 FP limit. Not only is three such a small amount, but they are also tiered only allowing one major attraction per day. If I get to DL at park opening I can get 2 FP for two major attractions in under 45 minutes. So in just 45 minutes I have already gotten more than what you can get with FP+ all day.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I thought it was you could do 3 beforehand and then continue to get FastPasses once you actually arrive. If it really is only 3 all day and/or general admission/APs get fewer than hotel guests, then it sounds horrible.

That being said, based on the testing in WDW there are some really neat features. Having all your onride photos automatically put on your wristband is cool. Especially since Disney seems to now be cracking down on the old taking a picture of the screen with your cell phone trick.

There may be neat features, but I haven't heard a single one that really floored me. Onride photos is a bit of a snoozer, and certainly not worth me letting them track me via RFID. If I'm going to let you do that to me, I want some serious benefit. And that doesn't mean Snow White greeting me by name. That's actually quite creepy.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    There may be neat features, but I haven't heard a single one that really floored me. Onride photos is a bit of a snoozer, and certainly not worth me letting them track me via RFID. If I'm going to let you do that to me, I want some serious benefit. And that doesn't mean Snow White greeting me by name. That's actually quite creepy.
    Disney's customers will eventually realize that MyMagicThis and MyMagicThat doesn't give them any serious benefit. The benefit is to Disney, as the system makes it easier for them to squeeze more customers into the same rides and restaurants and suck more money from their wallets. And it will be Disney itself, with its ever-rising prices and pushy marketing of MyMagicEverything, that makes the customers realize it.

What Disney doesn't understand is how easy it will be for its customers' perception of "magic wristbands" to switch to "unhappy handcuffs" -- a physical symbol of the captive audience that Disney increasingly exploits.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• The one, the only...

in the WDW market place, there are two categories: New visitors and returning visitors. Since MyMagic+ is so different from any other vacation system, new visitors are more likely to be confused and more likely to book the wrong attractions/events as a FP. So although they might be happy in the end because they see the priority they receive at some places, but in the end they probably won't be much better off.

Returning visitors, particularly the ones who don't stay in Disney hotels, will see the longer lines and know they are getting shafted. Without much new at WDW, they are less likely to return. So in the end I do not see a net profit.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Down Pluto!

Sounds like this is not very popular.

ARE YOU LISTENING DISNEY?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    ARE YOU LISTENING DISNEY?
    The only answer to that question is an echo worthy of the Grand Canyon.

For all its prattle of concern for the customer, Disney only listens to itself -- in the form of its self-serving survey questions, focus groups and sales charts. In a complete reversal of the "listen to the audience" philosophy of its founder, Disney's corporate management views its customers in the same way it perceives its product, as an abstraction of numbers.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Disney's customers will eventually realize that MyMagicThis and MyMagicThat doesn't give them any serious benefit.
    Most of these MyMagic arguments sounds eerily similar to what was said about FastPass some 14 years ago. The one thing that has been proven in 14 years is that the fan community has little idea if what will work and what doesn't work with the public.

I am guessing that MyMagic will be just as big of a hit now as Fast pass was then. In ten years people will not remember how they lived without it.

I went to Disney World and was able to try out the MyMagic system and actually liked it quite a bit. It made touring the parks MUCH simpler. This was back when you could get 3 fastpasses and also get regular paper fastpasses at the same time.
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterNut View Post
    I went to Disney World and was able to try out the MyMagic system and actually liked it quite a bit. It made touring the parks MUCH simpler. This was back when you could get 3 fastpasses and also get regular paper fastpasses at the same time.
    If they bring it to Disneyland it should be for Disney Hotel guests only. At least in this way, only a small number of people entering the parks will have their hands full with this complicated system. But in all fairness, provided they fix the kinks, I could see this being good for the tourists, the locals not so much.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

MyMagic is a brilliant idea.

If you're spending thousands of dollars for a Disney vacation, it's comforting to know that you and your kids are guaranteed to get on the rides you want without a hassle. Using the Magic Band as your park ticket, room key, payment method, etc is very smart too. Once they work out the kinks, it will be hailed as a very clever and extremely useful innovation.

(Be sure to read Kevin Yee's review of actually using the MyMagic/Magic Band system.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast