Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Is Disneyland a tourist destination, or a local park? What's your view about it?

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    Have you seen their internal data on that? Because (caveat: I have pricing theory experience) I'd more likely interpret the blackout date approach as "we want to encourage you to come these days because they need the help"
    I think there is at least some merit in having this particular discussion, but I'm not sure it can be argued that blacking out an entire summer is "encouraging" anything but AP holders staying home. But I do agree that Disneyland does quite a bit to encourage us to come at other times though, especially weekdays. My understanding is that all those special AP events held on Wednesdays and Thursdays are meant to entice us to get our evening trip out of the way then, rather than on Friday.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• "I Break Things"

Re: Is Disneyland a tourist destination, or a local park? What's your view about it?

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    The entitled AP does have its counterpart in the entitled tourist. The ones that think they're the only ones that "came all this way" and "paid all this money". They're the people that think sticking their kid on their shoulder during WoC is totally fine. APs on the other hand, seem far more likely to let a small kid squeeze in front of them or make room so others can see a parade. If you swapped entitled tourist with entitled local they'd probably both still be rude, because as The Simpsons taught us: a portion of the population are just jerks.
    Jerks are jerks doesn't matter what media was used as admission to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I think there is at least some merit in having this particular discussion, but I'm not sure it can be argued that blacking out an entire summer is "encouraging" anything but AP holders staying home. But I do agree that Disneyland does quite a bit to encourage us to come at other times though, especially weekdays. My understanding is that all those special AP events held on Wednesdays and Thursdays are meant to entice us to get our evening trip out of the way then, rather than on Friday.
    Weekly events (Magic Moments for example), monthly events, seasonal events, the target audience for 90% of it is the AP... HalloweenTime trick-or-treat comes to mind!

These are all events designed to manipulate when AP's arrive (the AP only extended hours for example)... and encourage them to spend more then they would on a normal trip.

A Blackout by comparison is meant to discourage between 50% and 75% of the AP levels. That may or may not encourage those not blocked out to show up... but it's certainly not encouraging the majority of AP's to be there!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345