Upgrade Tram Service

As we were waiting & then riding the tram from the Mickey & Friends parking structure into the entrance of the parks, I was thinking it needs an upgrade. It would be nice if they could inform us of any ride/show closures or possibly current wait times. I know that online they list show times & other things, but I think a lot of people might be more adapt to hearing about it in person. There can sometimes be a long wait to catch a tram into the parks, especially at the Mickey & Friends parking structure. One big kiosk where the tram picks up passengers at the parking structure might be good enough, but possibly adding TV's to the tram ride & waiting area would be good ideas as well. Just something that says, "Hey, This Is What Is Happening Here Today!". Maybe a ticket booth or two in the area also. Would this have any impact on your visit if they made these changes?

Re: Upgrade Tram Service

It wouldn't for me. I use an app for wait times. Plus the time it takes to actually get in the park from when you first get on the tram, the waits will potentially change, depending on the time of day, could change significantly, or closures for that matter, presuming they're temporary closures rather than refurbs. I know not everyone has a smartphone, but most people do. Because of that there are fewer and fewer reasons to have a screen displaying stuff when people can see it on the website, at least in terms of "what is happening here today". If it's the sort of thing that can be known in advance, for me at least, I'd probably have checked the website calendar for anything out of the norm the night before.

I wouldn't want to see flatscreens in the actual waiting areas since there are trees there, and I kind of like that. I can't think of where to put a TV where you could easily see if when you're already in the different line segments to board, between the planters are whatnot. Also, and I might just be a cranky unreasonable person, but there are enough people who have a habit of suddenly stopping and standing around in the middle of a walkway, and I mean this in a "blocking others from getting by" way. When I'm going from parking to the tram, I want to just get to the tram and get going with my day. So anything that encourages people to stand around more when they're not yet in the boarding area (such as a kiosk or large screen in the middle) would probably not be up my alley.

I'll admit I don't usually go at peak times, but I've also never waited more than 10 minutes for a tram, I don't think.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    Would this have any impact on your visit if they made these changes?
    No.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I kind of like that there are no screens in the tram area. There are few enough places you can escape them, let's not add more screens. By the time someone gets to the tram area, they either know a ride is closed or they don't. Either way, they're not going home at that point, so it doesn't matter. It'll tell them at the gate what's closed and the gate has the sheets of "what's happening."
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Warm Hugging Anna

I wouldn't like that ideal either. It takes time already when we have to wait until the safty aounments are finish playing before we can move. If they add what is close to it, it will make it even longer to wait to get to the park. So no to this topics.

• Minion

If guests want to know some of this info, they could look at the wait time boards at Disneyland and DCA. Plus, at the bag check, there is a sign that lists the attraction closures.

•   
    • Minion

I don't think I'd be down with TV screens, but it would be nice if they gave you the daily schedule with your parking receipt. That way you could start reading it and deciding what you might want to do in the park while you are on the tram.

• Super Genius

Ventura, California; 96 miles (154Km) from Disneyland

I think ride closures should be on the Disneyland website.

I do think a neat idea would be just for fun, not anything useful: Show the realtime attendance of the park. Count down whenever someone leaves and count up whenever someone enters, the technology is available to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmPKNKmiipg
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by MikeChat View Post

I do think a neat idea would be just for fun, not anything useful: Show the realtime attendance of the park. Count down whenever someone leaves and count up whenever someone enters, the technology is available to do it.

This would be really cool!
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by MikeChat View Post

Cool idea, but for security purposes, daily attendance estimates and numbers are not provided to guests.

• Functional & Decorative

I definitely wouldn't want TV screens on the hedges, but one as you come down the escalator with general info wouldn't be a bad idea.

I've often wondered why they don't make an automated transportation system, not unlike the airports between terminals. They're fast, carry a lot of people, ADA and strollers can access them with ease, and they seem fairly reliable. I'm sure they're also a ton of money, but if anyone could afford or budget for it, it'd be Disney. And think of the long term savings on staff and fuel.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I imagine the reason information is not given at this point is because Disney wants people moving onto the trams as quickly as possible.

They should just replace the whole system with moving walkways. I detest the system they have now and would always park at Toy Story if given the chance (but it isn't always open as early). Just replace it with something not as aggravating and that doesn't force wheelchair users and parents with strollers to wait for a handful of seats.

• Foolish Mortal

I wish they were more efficient with loading/unloading the trams. I feel like it shouldn't be that hard to keep the trams coming one after another, but often times they don't. There also doesn't seem to be a consistent order that they stop at when picking up from downtown disney. Last week we waited nearly 20 minutes (we were too beat to walk) on the north loading station as tram after tram that approached never came around to that loading station.

Sometimes the web information is not accurate. What if I do not have a Disneyland web app? I would like to plan my day more accurately before entering the parks. Where else can I get wait time information besides the booths inside the parks?