Switching Off clarification

Hey all,

We are going to Disneyland in 10 days. Need some clarification on Switching Off if you please... we have three kids, two of which are over 40", one of which is not. Needless to say we plan on using the switching off option. I'm unclear if our entire group (all 5 of us) can go into the queue line... or if ONLY those who will be riding can go in the queue. Online guidance (and "the Unofficial Guide..") says we all can go in, but I've also heard that we cannot from other people.

I'd like my daughter to experience the queue of say, Splash Mountain or Space Mountain for instance, even though she's too short to ride. Does my question make sense?

Thanks all!

• See Ya Real Soon!

Re: Switching Off clarification

Only those who are tall enough to ride are allowed in the queue. So your under 40" daughter will NOT be able to experience the queues of those attractions she will not be riding.

From what I remember having done this in the past, you would ask the cast member at the front of queue for a Rider Swap pass. This should enable your entire party to go through the queue. One adult and the child who is tall enough go on the ride while the other adult and 2 kids wait at the loading area. Once the first adult is done, the other adult goes and the first adult and two kids wait near the exit. When both are done, the whole family leaves through the exit.

• The doctor is in

I have witnessed the rider swaps while waiting in lines before. What I have seen is the CM at the entrance give the rider swap passes to the adults, they go through the queue, and then hand the pass to the CM at loading. They load one person and when the vehicle comes back they switch the adults out and load the other person. I was right behind a couple with three kids while in line for Gadget's Go-Coaster in ToonTown and they all were waiting in the queue together. The CM just switched them at the loading area.

My brother has used this option at WDW and said similar things. He, his wife, and their son all entered the queue and switched off at the end of the line.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Ok thanks everyone. Looks like asking for the "rider swap" pass was what I was missing. Appreciate it!

• Minion

Just to further clarify, at Disneyland, you get the swap pass outside of the ride. All of you approach, so they can see the younger child, then they will allow one adult with the larger 2 children enter, and the other adult and smaller child can go shop/ride another ride, etc... When the first adult comes off, they will give second adult the card and one of the kids can ride again. The smaller child will NOT be allowed into the queue. We use this often.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   

The exact policy for performing a Rider Switch varies a little from attraction to attraction. It depends on height requirements, the way the queue is laid out, et cetera. You'll have the best results if you go up to the entrance of the attraction and ask the cast member before anyone in your party rides.

The description on the Walt Disney World official web site gives a good description of how most Disneyland Resort attractions work too.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu.../rider-switch/