Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Here's to hoping Frozen isn't made a huge part of the parks

I haven't seen the movie, but I don't know that the theme really fits anywhere in DL. I guess they could put it in Fantasyland but it seems like a bit of a strech. It definitely fits great with the Norway pavillion at Epcot. In fact, I've been on the boat ride there, and it's okay but not great, so I think if they want to revamp the boat ride and give it a Frozen them then that would be great.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I could see this in the Norway part of EPCOT.

I kind of like the meet-n-greet. Maybe a piece in WoC.

Not sure about more than that. If it stays popular for years and years, then we could think about putting something in the park, as much as I dislike rides based solely around movies.

Maybe something in the Animation building? That might be fun.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Yeah, the Animation building is the best way to incorporate new animated movies into the parks without offending anyone. I'm putting my money that they'll definitely be playing instrumentals of "Let it Go" or "the First Time in Forever" with accompanying artwork when the Animation building goes down for a refurb. But first they need to do that for Wreck-it Ralph...

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by JanitorofSHIELD View Post
    Yeah, the Animation building is the best way to incorporate new animated movies into the parks without offending anyone. I'm putting my money that they'll definitely be playing instrumentals of "Let it Go" or "the First Time in Forever" with accompanying artwork when the Animation building goes down for a refurb. But first they need to do that for Wreck-it Ralph...
    they just did a major refurb and digitized everything in the lobby, iirc, so in theory, it should be pretty easy to add segments. My bets are on let it go...that seems like the song tey are promoting the most (and was the best in my opinion, both the vocals as well as the graphics!)

• Minion

Just saw frozen, pretty good film. I'm not going to expect an attraction yet until we see how it does. It probably will be a hit since it's a princess film. I wouldn't mind a presence in Fantasyland. A walk through Elsa's ice castle (apparently now marshmallows castle) would be nice. Could even do a ride through the mountain with wolves an such.

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

My family and I all enjoyed the movie a lot. It was better than I thought but could have used a few less musical numbers.

With regards to being at the parks I would love to see how WDI could have fun creating Elsa's ice castle. That would be amazing to see in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I went to see Frozen today and while walking out of the theater I thought of Disneyland due to the Winter Dreams WoC show and whatnot. I will admit that I didn't really enjoy Frozen as much as I thought I would. I found the characters to be rather annoying, the story to move way too quickly, and the music wasn't anything spectacular. The fact that the ads are trying to say it's as good, if not better, than The Lion King is absurd. Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph were both better than Frozen, imo.

So naturally my hope is that this movie isn't made into a big deal inside the parks. Well, at least not a bigger deal than the WoC show which I didn't really like either. The main thing that popped in my head was another meet and greet with Anna and Elsa similar to what they have done for Tangled with Rapunzel and Brave with Merida. There was even a meet and greet for Wreck-It Ralph.

Did anyone else see this movie yet? Did you like it or dislike it?
    Even if you liked it, do you want to see more Frozen in the parks?
    I Loved Frozen Personally. Thought the Music was Fantastic, Great Characters, my only gripe was I felt the end was a little rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I saw Frozen today and I love the movie Queen/Princess Elsa has become my new favorite Princess infact she just drop Belle off my top 3 favorite Princess. It use to be Aurora,Ariel and Belle but now it is Aurora,Ariel & Elsa as my top 3 favorite Princess. I love the song that Queen Elsa sings infact I just download it from iTunes and been hearing it over and over now for about 29 times now. I even have it on my cel phone. I didn't care for the Lion King so to me this movie blow the Lion King out of the water. I would love to have most stuff of Frozen in the park. I also hope they keep Queen Elsa and Anna after the Christmas season. I just love what Elsa does with her powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by elle3116 View Post
    Aurora is my number 1 favorite ever then it was Belle. It is now Aurora, Elsa and then Belle.
    Elsa is fantastic. I LOVED Frozen more than I thought I would. Idina Menzel voicing Elsa was the PERFECT choice especially with her powerful singing range. I have a feeling before the weekend is over, I'll be seeing it again.
    I am so surprised and incredibly happy to see that my opinion is shared with people here. Was thinking people here would be against any of the new princesses. I'm of the same opinion of the both of you. Aurora was always my absolute favorite princess, along with Belle and Jasmine. Since seeing Frozen though, Elsa has taken over the number one spot, knocking Aurora to number two and all together throwing Belle out of my top 3.

I'd absolutely love to see more Frozen stuff in the parks, especially more Frozen merchandise, particuliarly Elsa, geared to adults, instead of all the kiddy toys.

• Banned User

With a 4 year old girl at home, I noticed how Anna and Elsa closely resemble the Barbie animated movies that featured the Snow Queen. It is the first Barbie Anna and Elsa.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'm seeing Frozen 3D today. Am looking forward to making an appraisal of it.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Love Frozen. Loved the music, and I loved the girls. Olaf too. But I don't think it's fair really to compare it to Wreck it Ralph. That's like comparing Tron to The Sound of Music. Animation has reached the point I believe where we shouldn't just be comparing animation to animation and calling it a day.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Nothing agaist Anna but to me it seems like alot of people like Elsa alot more then Anna hope Disneyland will keep her out longer then the rumor that I hear that they be gone after the Hoilday. I know Queen Elsa is a winter person but from the movie she was out in the sopost the summer time. I'm also a like Elsa alot more then Anna. But like I said I'm not agaist her.

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    With a 4 year old girl at home, I noticed how Anna and Elsa closely resemble the Barbie animated movies that featured the Snow Queen. It is the first Barbie Anna and Elsa.
    Tell you the truth. I like the Disneystore verison of Anna and Elsa alot more then I do with Mattels. If you look at the Disney Store there arms and legs bend where as the ones that Mattel dose there stift. Yes I happen to get the Elsa 12' doll from the Disney Store. There is two more I want to get but right now no money to get them.

• Evil is Sexy

The Disney Store merch for this movie is flying off the shelves, at least at my store.

I really enjoyed the movie. It made me laugh and cry and gasp at one point.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   
    • Minion

I liked it didn't love it. The music was good but the story seemed choppy or rushed to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast