Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Here's to hoping Frozen isn't made a huge part of the parks

I went to see Frozen today and while walking out of the theater I thought of Disneyland due to the Winter Dreams WoC show and whatnot. I will admit that I didn't really enjoy Frozen as much as I thought I would. I found the characters to be rather annoying, the story to move way too quickly, and the music wasn't anything spectacular. The fact that the ads are trying to say it's as good, if not better, than The Lion King is absurd. Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph were both better than Frozen, imo.

So naturally my hope is that this movie isn't made into a big deal inside the parks. Well, at least not a bigger deal than the WoC show which I didn't really like either. The main thing that popped in my head was another meet and greet with Anna and Elsa similar to what they have done for Tangled with Rapunzel and Brave with Merida. There was even a meet and greet for Wreck-It Ralph.

Did anyone else see this movie yet? Did you like it or dislike it?
    Even if you liked it, do you want to see more Frozen in the parks?
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Banned User

Re: Here's to hoping Frozen isn't made a huge part of the parks

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I went to see Frozen today and while walking out of the theater I thought of Disneyland due to the Winter Dreams WoC show and whatnot. I will admit that I didn't really enjoy Frozen as much as I thought I would. I found the characters to be rather annoying, the story to move way too quickly, and the music wasn't anything spectacular. The fact that the ads are trying to say it's as good, if not better, than The Lion King is absurd. Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph were both better than Frozen, imo.

So naturally my hope is that this movie isn't made into a big deal inside the parks. Well, at least not a bigger deal than the WoC show which I didn't really like either. The main thing that popped in my head was another meet and greet with Anna and Elsa similar to what they have done for Tangled with Rapunzel and Brave with Merida. There was even a meet and greet for Wreck-It Ralph.

Did anyone else see this movie yet? Did you like it or dislike it?
    Even if you liked it, do you want to see more Frozen in the parks?

I loved it, it was a lot better than I thought it would be and the snowman was great. Loved the feel of the film in terms of the snow, what a great film to watch while drinking hot cocoa!

One mild disappointment was the the time the kingdom was "frozen" wasn't very long, I like those wilderness survival shows and was interested to see how people might cope if their village was caked in perpetual snow and winter. Most people probably don't care about this.

However, the story was fast-paced and the humor was spot on, the songs are Oscar material, IMHO, and I'll be shocked if Frozen doesn't win the Oscar for Best Animated feature and Best Song.

Princess and the Frog had nice, cute, songs, and Tangled had some cute songs, some almost cloyingly sweet, but Frozen is like a Broadway musical on the big screen. Reminds me of Beauty and the Beast in terms of polish. Because of Frozen's drama, I think most folks would care more about these characters than the ones from basically all the recent Disney/Pixar films, it also helps that the CGI looks better, better than Tangled, IMHO. The humor is also better than Tangle, IMHO, just seems like they made sure everything was right with this one before they let it out of the can.

Anyway, people were applauding in the theater I was in, and Rotten Tomatoes has Frozen, Tangled, and Wreck it Ralph in the 80% for critics, but says that 92% of the audience likes Frozen, higher than gled and Wreck it Ralph. Frozen just seems so much more polished than Tangled and Wreck it Ralph, IMHO.

I think one of the singers was on Wicked on Broadway, and I think she was watching the audience's reaction at a showing and there was just a gasp when the first song, or one of the songs starts. I was kinda shocked too, I was surprised at how good the vocals were . . .

Best Disney animated film I've seen since Beauty and the Beast, even a little bit better.

I'd like to see more of Frozen in the parks.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 11-29-2013 at 07:53 PM.

• Still lost in Neverland

There is already a Frozen Meet and Greet and an A/A figure of Olaf on the roof of the building which is in the old Geppetto's toy store and the same place that the Tangled Meet and Greet was done. Most of the people that have posted here and on Twitter loved the movie and it has already past the opening of Tangled so I think they will do much more with Frozen at some point once they get the go-ahead to spend money again at Disneyland.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The ads aren't saying it's the best since Lion King. People are saying that, critics. Disney is just using pull quotes.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Heavy Breather

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally think ever since John Lasseter has taken over the original Animation Studio they've gotten better, while PIXAR has begun to slip in quality.

I thought Frozen was a much better film than Tangled which I felt couldn't keep a consistent musical style, the opening of Frozen reminded me of the opening to Little Mermaid.

Though Anna and Elsa are already greeting at the parks, I think it will be a while before we ever see an attraction based on the film, if we ever get one.

The songs added to Disney's already rich library of music.

Yes, Wreck-it Ralph and Tangled were much better films, but don't get surprised every time an ad or a review tries to make a new Disney movie sound better than the Lion King. It's something they've been doing that since Princess and the Frog, but nothing can ever really match Lion King.

For the parks, I actually wouldn't mind, depending on how it's done. The meet and greet and Winter Dreams right now are promotional material, which does make it seem a bit obnoxious to some. But once Anna and Elsa get their official coronation into the Princess line, I wouldn't mind if they become a part of the parks a little more.

And another reason I really want Frozen to find a spot in the parks is because there's this endless cycle.
    - New Disney movie
    - meet and greet pops up in the parks
    - new movie ends theatrical run
    - meet and greet suddenly disappears, no matter how well said movie did (Wreck-it Ralph, for one)

I'm always open to welcoming any new additions into the parks.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

I haven't seen Frozen yet, but as long as they don't replace a classic attraction, I couldn't care less if added it.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

So what current attraction would make for the best Frozen holiday overlay?

• Queen Elsa

I saw Frozen today and I love the movie Queen/Princess Elsa has become my new favorite Princess infact she just drop Belle off my top 3 favorite Princess. It use to be Aurora,Ariel and Belle but now it is Aurora,Ariel & Elsa as my top 3 favorite Princess. I love the song that Queen Elsa sings infact I just download it from iTunes and been hearing it over and over now for about 29 times now. I even have it on my cel phone. I didn't care for the Lion King so to me this movie blow the Lion King out of the water. I would love to have most stuff of Frozen in the park. I also hope they keep Queen Elsa and Anna after the Christmas season. I just love what Elsa does with her powers.
    Last edited by Capt Hook; 11-29-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks for the reviews, guys. Can't wait to see it.

As for the park presence, I think the meet-and-greet and winter version of WoC is enough for now. If it becomes a classic, more can be added later -- once it stands the test of time.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They're promoting it at EPCOT's Norway land.

• formerly very helpful

Saw it, loved it.

• AuroraFan

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I saw Frozen today and I love the movie Queen/Princess Elsa has become my new favorite Princess infact she just drop Belle off my top 3 favorite Princess. It use to be Aurora,Ariel and Belle but not it is Aurora,Ariel & Elsa as my top 3 favorite Princess. I love the song that Queen Elsa sings infact I just download it from iTunes and been hearing it over and over now for about 29 times now. I even have it on my cel phone. I didn't care for the Lion King so to me this movie blow the Lion King out of the water. I would love to have most stuff of Frozen in the park. I also hope they keep Queen Elsa and Anna after the Christmas season. I just love what Elsa does with her powers.
    Aurora is my number 1 favorite ever then it was Belle. It is now Aurora, Elsa and then Belle.
    Elsa is fantastic. I LOVED Frozen more than I thought I would. Idina Menzel voicing Elsa was the PERFECT choice especially with her powerful singing range. I have a feeling before the weekend is over, I'll be seeing it again.

I saw the movie and really enjoyed it along with the people I was with. I actually would not mind this movie replacing Alladin in DCA or maybe finally bring to life a snowy landscape with an attraction where it was once destined to be in, the Fantasyland theater property.

and if I may say hen Queen Elsa turns into the snow queen she looks like one very hot snowy queen.

Yeah, I actually wouldn't mind a Frozen musical replacing Aladdin at DCA in a few years. I'm almost certain the work on the Broadway musical is probably why Disney wanted to give Aladdin the boot in the first place, because didn't they do the same to a Tarzan musical in Animal Kingdom when that was turned into a Broadway show?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast