Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas Fantasy Parade Updates

Just a question, but does anyone else hate the changes made to this year's Christmas Fantasy Parade? I strongly dislike the new ribbon on the lead float. It seems cheap and awkward with that unfilled space behind it, versus the old classic, storybook-like original marquee. Also why is Duffy still included in the parade? He isn't as popular here in the U.S. as he is over in Japan. Pluto should be back in his rightful spot to replace him, and Max should be atop the gingerbread house once again. The gingerbread unit used to be my favorite unit until this year, when they completely scrapped the bags of flour/food fights that the chefs would have. It added a playful aspect to the parade. There was also no reason to remove the 7 dwarfs. They were perfectly fine like the other parts of the parade. Your thoughts/opinions on these changes?

• Queen Elsa

Re: Christmas Fantasy Parade Updates

I agree with you 100% I don't like the changes to it. To me they ruin the parade I will not watch it anymore. Like you said with that bear I don't even like him he seems boring to me. I like it when Max is with Goofy and not Pluto. To me the 7 Dwarfs where the elvs for santa and was perfect in the spot they where in at. I also don't like it how they change the Princess and Prince cean. I like it when they would dance around the float.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I do think that it's time to scrap the parade and completely replace it. It been running longer than I can remember. The floats are looking tired and those 2 Toy Story floats should be pulled they are horrible.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• See Ya Real Soon!

Unless they added Duffy, last I had heard is that it was not "Duffy" in the parade but just a Teddy Bear that has always been in the parade before Duffy.

• Minion

ORWEN: The seven dwarves should never go away. Since they aren't seen all that much to begin with, these days, it's just awful that they can't at least be seen in the Christmas parade any more. I'd like to know who makes these bone-headed decisions in the first place and have them replaced instead!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    Unless they added Duffy, last I had heard is that it was not "Duffy" in the parade but just a Teddy Bear that has always been in the parade before Duffy.
    They moved Duffy from the teddy bear spot on the first float to Pluto's spot on the mail-room float featuring Mrs. Claus. Pluto has been moved to Max's spot on the baking float featuring Goofy.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    They moved Duffy from the teddy bear spot on the first float to Pluto's spot on the mail-room float featuring Mrs. Claus. Pluto has been moved to Max's spot on the baking float featuring Goofy.
    Well now that is just silly! They should have left Duffy in place of the generic teddy bear and left Max in his rightful place with Goofy.

• Minion

Well I'm thrilled that the regular teddy bear is back. I was very disappointed when they replaced him with Duffy. Not that I really have anything against Duffy, but I just really really love the original teddy bear on the lead float.

I'm sort of indifferent about removing Max and replacing him with Pluto. On the one hand, having Goofy and Pluto together on the float doesn't really make much sense. But on the other hand, I didn't really like Max and Goofy's banter. I don't really like "young adult" Max. I prefer him from his Goof Troop days.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Well I'm thrilled that the regular teddy bear is back. I was very disappointed when they replaced him with Duffy. Not that I really have anything against Duffy, but I just really really love the original teddy bear on the lead float.

I'm sort of indifferent about removing Max and replacing him with Pluto. On the one hand, having Goofy and Pluto together on the float doesn't really make much sense. But on the other hand, I didn't really like Max and Goofy's banter. I don't really like "young adult" Max. I prefer him from his Goof Troop days.
    I liked it for reasons summed up in the last line of the loop "Hey Maxxy, being with you is my favorite part of the holidays!! Aww, Dad." Tokyo and Disneyland were the only 2 parks it seemed to recognize that maybe a father and son should be able to get together on Xmas. Magic Kingdom pretends he doesn't exist and this year apparently so does Disneyland. =P

It's hard for me to say. I was in the first three seasons of this then-new parade in the 90's and watched a few subtle changes happen but what we see today bears little resemblance to the original. So many things are gone, I'd have to make a list...with not very much to replace them. It's bittersweet watching it today for me.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Minion

ORGOCH: What the frog--?!?!?!

• The Tomorrowland One

Unfortunately, a lot got changed due to "safety" at Disney having a field day. And other things were removed because of the show director.

And I think Max was taken out because his perceived popularity was nonexistent. People didn't know who he was.

• Minion

ORDDU: Are you so sure about that Autopia, duckling? My sisters and I happen to know several people who love Max and they aren't even traditional Disney fans. It's so easy to assume what the masses know or don't know without having any facts to prove our points. It is true that Max isn't at the forefront of all the many Disney characters. But you'd be surprised how many 'side kick' characters have a following out there.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I saw the parade yesterday and the changes seemed odd. Seems like they know the parade is getting old and they keep doing random little things to make it seem "new" rather than make a whole new parade.

• Minion

Saw the changes a few weeks ago i felt like something was missing like I don't know it was kind of odd to watch and felt like a personal touch of something was missing, I think I just got weird vibes from it compared to last years parade. lol

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast