Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why didn't we get wet on GRR and Splash?

Make sure to get the front seat on Splash if you really want to get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    I can confirm the answer for Grizzly is no. Nothing is changed about the water level. You just got lucky. Every now and then the last geyser isn't on, but everything else is the same.
    According to Disney execs in a documentary, the water level in GRR can be lowered and is lowered during colder weather months.

• Done with MC.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    According to Disney execs in a documentary, the water level in GRR can be lowered and is lowered during colder weather months.
    I saw that too.
    From what I've experienced over the years, I have no doubt it's true.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Based on research and past discussions on this topic, the attractions at the Disneyland Resort do not have control over the splashes on the rides. The other things that get you wet such as specially placed geysers (GRR) or water jets (Splash) can be controlled, but not the actual splashdowns themselves. The water levels are kept consistent in the flumes to cover the tracks.

There is definitive proof somewhere (my apologies for the lack of links) that the Tokyo version of Splash Mt. does have this capability, based on cultural differences. It seems that this may be a source of the confusion.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Based on research and past discussions on this topic, the attractions at the Disneyland Resort do not have control over the splashes on the rides. The other things that get you wet such as specially placed geysers (GRR) or water jets (Splash) can be controlled, but not the actual splashdowns themselves. The water levels are kept consistent in the flumes to cover the tracks.

There is definitive proof somewhere (my apologies for the lack of links) that the Tokyo version of Splash Mt. does have this capability, based on cultural differences. It seems that this may be a source of the confusion.
    Cultural differences? Would you care to explain? I'm super curious now.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Basically the thought is/was that people dress up more to go to the parks in Tokyo as opposed to the t-shirt and shorts attire you see at the US parks. The water needed to be controlled as getting drenched wouldn't go over as well there.

Also, the weather in the winters is another big reason I failed to mention. They get snow at Tokyo Disneyland so getting soaked wouldn't be good on those days.

What Trevor said is true. The Japanese take dressing up for the parks to a whole new level. So Splash Mountain won't soak them as a sign of respect for the guests. When I went there last April, it was cold (at least for me because I come from a tropical country). Everyone on the ride escaped with just a little spray on our faces, nothing a tissue wipe couldn't handle. I would honestly ride Splash over and over again, if not for the 100 minutes wait time .

• The doctor is in

Quick, let's all start dressing up to go to Disneyland. End the days of walking around looking like you just jumped into a swimming pool with your clothes on.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12