Doing Speech on GAC/DAS - need some help

Hi all, I'm giving a speech tomorrow that has to do with the switch from GAC to DAS.
    I just realized it would be a good idea to add in the number of GAC users in the past and the number of DAS users presently.
    Does anyone know where I can find this info?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Doing Speech on GAC/DAS - need some help

It's late but you may want to try calling Disney on that.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• No Light, No Light

This might help with the GAC numbers:

The problem is at its most severe in Anaheim, where over 100,000 Annual Passholders are now using the GAC process to board attractions each year, in addition to smaller numbers of hotel guests or casual visitors who aren’t Passholders. On the average busy day, Disneyland Resort’s Guest Relations teams in City Hall, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Guest Services windows in the Esplanade, are now issuing between 1,200 and 1,400 GAC passes per day. And until recently, those GAC passes could be post-dated for 60 days at a time, in an attempt to cut down on the number of people applying for GAC passes each day. But that practice exponentially increased the numbers of pre-issued GAC passes that would arrive on days with high Annual Passholder visitation.

That means that on the average busy Sunday, when AP visitation swells, there are upwards of 3,000 GAC passes being used between the two parks, most of them stamped for a total of 6 people allowed per pass. The Cast Members at Guest Relations can track those numbers easily, and the Cast Members who staff the GAC check-in podium at Radiator Springs Racers marvel at how up to 4,000 people per day will access Racers via a GAC pass instead of using a Fastpass or waiting in the Standby or Single Rider lines. When a popular ride like Racers, which can only accommodate 20,000 people per 15 hour day under the most optimal of conditions without any major downtimes, has 20% of its riders coming through using a Guest Assistance Card, you know there’s a problem.
    It's from this MiceAge update: Disneyland Tomorrowland Rumors, News

• No Light, No Light

Here's a quote from another MiceAge Update, right before the switchover (this was when a person had to sign up for a new GAC each day):

On recent autumn Fridays, as attendance at both Disneyland and DCA quickly swells by 30,000 or more after 5:00 p.m. when the local Annual Passholders get off work, TDA asked Guest Relations to compile statistics on how many GAC passes were issued daily now that GACs were no longer being issued for months at a time. Meanwhile, Team Disney Orlando staff were compiling the same types of statistics on GAC passes issued out of the four WDW parks on their typical busy days. The answer was shocking to the execs in TDA, but not at all surprising to the Guest Relations CM’s who crank out hundreds of passes per hour from the desks at City Hall and Chamber of Commerce. On the average Friday in autumn, when few if any Annual Passholder blockouts are in effect, the Disneyland Resort was issuing just over 2,000 GAC passes per day, roughly split evenly between Disneyland’s City Hall and DCA’s Chamber of Commerce. On similarly busy days at Walt Disney World, the four theme parks combined were issuing just 250 GAC passes, with about 100 passes going out of Magic Kingdom’s City Hall daily, and the remaining 150 passes split between the Guest Relations offices in Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

Since the average GAC in Anaheim is valid for 5 people, that means that 10,000 people out of an average Friday’s combined two-park attendance of 75,000 visitors is roaming the parks using a GAC to enter any Fastpass lane or ride exit they want with no questions asked. Assuming the average GAC party boarded 3 E Ticket rides during a four hour Friday evening visit, that’s 30,000 Fastpasses per day that couldn’t be issued to the tourists who got to the park much earlier in the morning. (No wonder the Fastpasses for Radiator Springs Racers are gone within two hours every morning) Out at WDW, barely 1,500 people using a GAC were creating vastly less impact spread amongst the 150,000 visitors roaming the four parks of Walt Disney World on a typical day.

The same type of GAC impact is repeated in Anaheim on Sundays, when few AP blockouts exist and the parks swell with 75,000 people from late morning through early evening. In short, the purely statistical take away was that the GAC problem in Anaheim was driven largely by Annual Passholders, and to a growing extent by Disney employees, and the Anaheim parks deal with a much higher percentage of visitors accessing attractions using a GAC than the WDW parks do.
    MiceChat - Disney, Disneyland Resort, MiceAge Update, Tokyo Disney Resort - MiceAge Update: DAS is the New GAC

I haven't found any numbers for DAS.