• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Viewing For Candlelight Processional

Has anyone heard any info on viewing for the Candlelight Processional? I heard nothing about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Minion

Re: Viewing For Candlelight Processional

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Has anyone heard any info on viewing for the Candlelight Processional? I heard nothing about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    It can be viewed from most of Town Square. It will probably be handled like it has been in years past.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I meant about the seating areas, where we are allowed to sit.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

All of the standard seating is reserved for VIP's, Club 33 members aka not average joe walking into the park that day. A couple of options:
    1) Get there early and try to get one of the few green benches available behind the seated section. You will likely have to have at least one member of your party sit there the entire day to hold it.
    2) Stake out a spot on the curb and wait...and wait...and wait. We've done this a few times.
    3) I believe there are 2 performances each night so you may want to spend your day in the park and show up toward the end of the first performance and then grab a spot on the curb or the green benches.

• Under that tree again!

I agree with stevek, but would suggest one difference.

In #3 don't show up at the end of the first performance. Show up toward the beginning. It is a bummer to be near it before really watching it, but gives you a chance to see the second show. Lots of people crowd around to sit down when people leave the first show.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

My wife and I have been going to Candlelight for years. Finally got to sit down and watch last year when they expanded to 20 performances.

Since they haven't expanded the schedule again so I can't get a seat, I won't bother to try to SEE the performance this year. I'll just stand someplace in Town Square and just LISTEN to the ceremony. It is the music that appeals the most to me and you can hear that without having a clear view of the performers. We don't bother to get there real early to get a spot, 15-20 minutes before it starts is generally enough. The Disney techs do a wonderful job with the sound so you can hear everything from anyplace in the square.

The only problem with this approach are the a**holes in the crowd who the talk through the entire performance. I wish they would just shut up or go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceranger View Post
    The only problem with this approach are the a**holes in the crowd who the talk through the entire performance. I wish they would just shut up or go elsewhere.
    DL isn't the only place with this problem. I've dealt with this problem in movie theatres, live shows, concerts, and more. My students try to do this when I show a video in class. People get so used to sitting in front of their TV set and yakking, that they forget that there are others there trying to listen. If they're not talking to their neighbor, they're talking on their cell phone!!!!!!!

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by spaceranger View Post
    For me it's not so much the guests but the CM's belting out a "keep it moving!!" during the narration.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Went to the second showing last night. Stood by the Firehouse about 20 minutes before the show started. Had a decent view, I could kind of see around the tall people. Five minutes before the show started a CM asked if I would like a seat and directed me to a seat with a great view!

• Minion

Both nights were gorgeous. I was disappointed in the fact that after 20+ years, someone in corporate made a change in the script. I plan on voicing my displeasure. On Sat, my thought was Mr. Underwood may have turned too many pages by accident. But after talking to some people, including someone in charge, I was told this was a change by someone up in corp who was offended by the passage removed. The Mr. Russell also omitted the passage. But I did notice, Mr. Russell looked around when the passage was supposed to said, as if he didn't agree with the change, but read it as written. Any way, here are a few pics...

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• #bringevilback

I was at the second show last night and grabbed a spot in front of the opera house about an hour before the show, however there was space available up to and throughout the show. I even moved since some lady decided it was a sing along. Sorry, I did not come to hear your off tune voice! I was disappointed by the number of people chatting throughout as well, but it was better than singing along!

• Banned User

I have seen several similar messages regarding the cut to Candlelight on several Disney forums today. I would guess the cut was made for time as opposed to some conspiracy against christians. After all, the show is 100% about the birth of Christ.