Mission: Proposal....Please Help!

Ok,

So I am looking to get engaged with my girlfriend after the 1st of the year. I have the ring all picked out and I know exactly what I want to do for the proposal I just need some help on the logistics. This is where I hope all your valuable input could help me.

Our first date was at Disneyland and we continue to go as much as we can during the year. My plan is to get a room for the weekend at the Disneyland hotel. She has never been there and it has always been her dream to stay there. This part is easy it's the second part I'm finding to be quite difficult.

I would love to propose to her in Club 33 on the balcony outside. She has always wanted to go and we spent alot of our first date together finding the entrance as we are just giant nerds in that way. My problem is I'm not a Kardashian so getting or even affording a membership would prove difficult.

I have read about members making reservations in the guests name I was just curious if anyone had done it before or had someone who I could contact about this. I have joined problem paying for the reservations and in fact expect to. It's just the getting in contact with the right person that has proven difficult. So that's my conundrum/long story. Sorry for the long post but if anyone has any ideas or could help any advice is greatly appreciated!

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Mission: Proposal....Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Atalbot88 View Post
    Ok,

So I am looking to get engaged with my girlfriend after the 1st of the year. I have the ring all picked out and I know exactly what I want to do for the proposal I just need some help on the logistics. This is where I hope all your valuable input could help me.

Our first date was at Disneyland and we continue to go as much as we can during the year. My plan is to get a room for the weekend at the Disneyland hotel. She has never been there and it has always been her dream to stay there. This part is easy it's the second part I'm finding to be quite difficult.

I would love to propose to her in Club 33 on the balcony outside. She has always wanted to go and we spent alot of our first date together finding the entrance as we are just giant nerds in that way. My problem is I'm not a Kardashian so getting or even affording a membership would prove difficult.

I have read about members making reservations in the guests name I was just curious if anyone had done it before or had someone who I could contact about this. I have joined problem paying for the reservations and in fact expect to. It's just the getting in contact with the right person that has proven difficult. So that's my conundrum/long story. Sorry for the long post but if anyone has any ideas or could help any advice is greatly appreciated!
    Congratulations and best wishes.

As a general rule, asking for a reservation to Club 33 is sort of frowned upon on MC. That being said, Disney magic does happen and there have been people (I am one) who were 'gifted', unasked, with a reservation by an anonymous benefactor at one time or another. A member takes a great chance when they make a reservation for someone they don't know. Any 'misbehavior' on the part of a guest (& I'm not suggesting you wouldn't be on your best!) reflects back on them directly and can even affect their membership, so many members are leery of doing it. Most people will tell you to try to network with your friends & family, especially anyone you know that may work for a major corporation. Many of them have a corporate membership.

That being said, you've put your feelers out, and maybe magic will happen. But if it doesn't, you and she will still be together at the 'Happiest Place on Earth'. What can be better?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Former Churro Jockey

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I worked there for three years, knew two of the girls who worked at Club 33, and I still couldn't get inside even after hours just to have a look around. So I'd definitely try to have a back-up plan.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• formerly very helpful

I agree with Big D. It took me years and years to get in, and that was ONLY because my brother-in-law had a connection through work.
    However, it's not to say that you still can't have an awesome, romantic proposal elsewhere at Disneyland.
    There are many quiet spots, such as Snow White's Wishing Well, Hungry Bear Restaurant, Fowler's Harbor, even the lobby of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln where you could have a romantic moment. I'm sure many people here can give you suggestions. (My wife and I got engaged in the courtyard of the old Disney Gallery, but unfortunately, that is now hidden inside the Dream Suite.)

You won't find anyone on Micechat to help you with that one. Your best bet is to talk to new people and make friends in Disneyland. Someone will most likely be a Club 33 member, or know someone who is. They are there all the time.

Another thing to consider is that Club 33 is supposedly being remodeled after the first of the year.. I think. I'm not a C33 member so I'm just going off of what I've read around here. So DEFINITELY have a back-up plan.

I got engaged at the end of July at Snow White's Wishing Well. He took me over there RIGHT as the parade was ending, so it was literally just us (they close off that area during the parade). It was sweet. Maybe instead you could try for Carthay Circle? Or Napa Rose? There is also a private balcony off the Grand that can be "rented" out for a price... you can see the fireworks from the balcony and the music is piped in. Just some thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Atalbot88 View Post
    ...I would love to propose to her in Club 33 on the balcony outside.
    Club 33 will be closed for the first 6 months of 2014. There are likely no reservations available before the shutdown, and guest reservations might be temporarily restricted when Club 33 reopens.

You might consider a Dapper Day proposal, then everyone in your group (or just the 2 of you) can dress up and no one will suspect. Spring Dapper Day is February 23 and has some of the lowest rates of the year for DLH. Fall event will be sometime in September.
    Last edited by Nonsuch; 12-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.

• world class bilge rat

Keeping it simple might work too.

My last trip to DL was the weekend of 11/10/13, and my future son-in law proposed to my daughter during the trip. It was just a simple plan, nothing elaborate. Two of my daughters friends were there, plus me. We were all in on it, except my daughter didn't know anything about it.

We were watching the fireworks standing in a crowd on Main street, and he got down on his knees and slipped the ring on her finger.

The crowd clapped and whistled and congratulated them, and at least one CM saw it too.
    When the fireworks were done, a couple of CMs came up to us and asked us to come into one of the shops. There were about a half-dozen CMs and one suit gathered around.

After the congratulations and hand-shaking, the suit gave them a pass for a private ride on the Storybook land canal boats. They had a whole boat to themselves. They LOVED it!

So even though it wasn't planned, DL can certainly come through with a bit of extra magic now and then.......