Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney acquires Indiana Jones franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wilkinson View Post
    I know, I know. But the JC is soo tired and not very entertaining. I go on it like once every 10th visit just because, not that I'm ever excited about it. If not rethemed to Indy then would you mind some sort of inclusion here and there? Where else could Indy be added?
    A way they could accomplish this is by upgrading the animals and allowing for more variety in the script. I would gladly welcome that if done properly.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I doubt this will have any impact on the theme parks any time in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by WikiTiki View Post
    Wonder if they'll make a play next for the Spiderman rights from Sony to bring Marvel full circle..
    A deal was already made regarding Spider-Man. Sony gets to keep the film rights and Disney gets the merchandise rights for those films.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Fan 1 View Post
    This better mean Disneyland is getting an Indiana Jones face character.
    Tokyo Disney Sea - Indiana Jones Encounter - YouTube

• Master Gracey's Music Man

Can we have a walk around Mola Ram for Disneyland? He will teach the crowds the difference between left and right in adventure land lol. As for movies I am a bit skeptical after the 4th movie as I doubt we'll see any face melting with the new ones. As a long time indy fan since childhood I am keeping my fingers crossed with hope.
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I know. Here's to hoping we get him in California.

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    BEFORE: Walt Disney was a major force and it used to create legends everyone tried to copy.

NOW: The WDC is so lazy / dumb they have to resort to buying IP from others (Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Indy, etc.).

Sorry, not happy at all. I'd rather have new and exciting characters rather than rehashes of old movies.
    I agree, and I'd rather have Disney create it's own magic again. But Star Wars, Indy, and Marvel still excite me, and to me there's something cool about Disney owning all these properties... I just wish they didn't rely on them for success in the film industry and for park attractions. I wish Disney put out more great films the way they used to, and that the focus in their parks would be on original ideas generated from Imagineers (not based on the above properties).

I'm a bit confused, Disney already had theme park rights for the Indiana Jones franchise thru a deal with Lucas Films. Once they bought Lucas It made it even easier not only to use the characters and franchise in parks but also produce movies.

The problem was that Paramount owned distribution and marketing rights from a past deal with Lucas entertainment. This deal basically gave back Lucas film/Disney films back the rights to also distribute and market future films in return to giving Paramount a undisclosed amount for each future film.

I don't see how this new deal makes the use of the Franchise in Disney theme park any different.
    Last edited by Baloo; 12-08-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WikiTiki View Post
    Interesting..

Wonder if they'll make a play next for the Spiderman rights from Sony to bring Marvel full circle..
    This would be great but Sony has several sequels already in the works for Spiderman. I doubt they would give up the rights that easy. They would ask for a huge contract buyout or compensation

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate by suggesting this but... I wouldn't mind if they re-themed the Jungle Cruise to Indiana Jones.
    they tried intertwining both attractions when Indy was first built, The original ride concept even had the Jungle cruise boats going inside the Indy show building along with an indoor mine coaster. It was such an interesting concept sadly it was never done.

Now if the new Disney Film Jungle Book movie becomes a success i have a feeling that maybe the Jungle cruise might get some upgrades or additions

I know, I know. But the JC is soo tired and not very entertaining. I go on it like once every 10th visit just because, not that I'm ever excited about it. If not rethemed to Indy then would you mind some sort of inclusion here and there? Where else could Indy be added?
    I agree that the Jungle cruise needs some updating. I dont remember the layout very well for the boat ride but i think the attraction could use a nice section indoors. There is so much technology now a days that would work great to recreate an indoor Jungle/lost civilization section linked to the storyline of the existing ride.

If Disneyland does get a third park than they should build a new land or ride based off of the 5th movie of Indiana Jones. It can be added with Star Wars and Marvel characters unless they bring Star Wars to Tomorrow land.

• Former Churro Jockey

I don't suppose this means that we can finally get Harrison Ford to be the voice of Indiana Jones on the ride, does it???
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

I would have loved to have the original concept of Indy now in Disneyland. That sounded amazing.

if they ever did include him in the Jungle Cruise what about something lower key like him swinging from his whip across a river or something?

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Can someone explain to this Hollywood contract layman how the other studios still control rights to what a disney purchased with Marvel, Indy and Star Wars?

As much as I like Indiana Jones and think it would fit in the Jungle Cruise, personally I'd prefer to keep that ride as old school as possible. That's one of Walt's original rides and I think should be preserved in it's original state as much as possible :-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast