Red Face Disneyland Slideshow School Project - Can I Get Your Opinions?

If anyone remembers a while back, I posted a thread regarding this school project all the way back in August of this year. Only about two months ago did my Advance Drama and Video Editing class begin editing with the returning students going first and the newer students going second with the returning students acting as mentors to the newer students; with me being one of the newer students. Once all the videos were done they were all shown in front of the class in a randomly selected order and then graded by everyone else.

The way these slideshows work is that everyone has to pick a theme for their slideshow projects. It could be anything the person desired. Some chose to focus on family, others chose to focus on vacations and travels, some chose varying themes from winter to video games...well, I chose mine to be Disneyland because, well, I do love Disneyland a whole lot, and I knew that that personal interest would be a major driving force behind my work and would help push me in the direction I wanted it to be, since I would be taking a lot of this from my heart.

Each slideshow had to contain pictures relating to the theme that the person chose. They could either be photos owned by themselves or their family, or could be pictures taken from the internet. Like if a person did their slideshow on their family, they would use family photos in their slideshow. If someone did their slideshow on video game consoles, they would show different video game console pictures they found online. Since I already had an annual pass, I made a conscious decision that I wanted this slideshow to be special in which I would go to the parks and take my own photographs instead of going on the internet and using those unless it was completely necessary. Out of all the shots included in the slideshow, only 8 were taken from online. The 7 Fantasmic shots were taken from the internet due to the difficulty of getting a good seat/good shots during Fantasmic, and the final shot due to the improbability of me getting such a perfect shot like that in the first place. Other than that, all the photos from the day shots to night shots were all taken by me. The day shots were all taken on my Android Phone surprisingly with the night shots being taken on my uncle's Canon Camera.

Every slideshow had to have music that corresponded with the visuals, whether it be a song the family listened to a lot for a family centered slideshow to using a Christmas-y type of song if the slideshow was centered around winter. The person could use any song they liked as long as they didn't switch up songs in the middle of the slideshow. You basically had to stick with one song. I, however, found a way around that. Mash-Up songs were considered one song, and I even asked my teacher, and she said it could be allowed. So I compiled my very own mash-up to include what I wanted to be in the video. In my video and original idea, I would show pictures from each of the themed lands of Disneyland. Each land would have its corresponding area background music playing, so if we were on Main Street, we would head "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" instrumental that is played on the loudspeakers of Main Street. If we were in Adventureland, we would hear "I Got Spurs (That Jingle jangle Jingle)" because it is a song played over the radio in the Indiana Jones Adventure outdoor queue, etc.

I gathered the music and various sound effects that I wanted to use and compiled them all into a 3 minute 15 second audio clip. I tried my best to give each segment an equal amount of time; around 30 seconds each segment. I am rather happy at how the audio turned out, as it gives each land an equal opportunity at the spotlight and still got across what I wanted. If anyone's curious as to how the music looks like in its raw form, here it is for your viewing;

Once everything was all said and done, all the slideshow projects were shown in a matter of 3 to 4 days in a random order with my video showing on Thursday and being the final video of the day before the class bell rung. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and at the end when the credits faded to black the whole audience erupted into an enormous applause. I hope now that I share this video with you that you may feel the same emotions everyone else did. So Without any further delay, I would like to share with you my Advance Drama Slideshow Project to you...

I would like to dedicate this video everyone in my Drama Class for their help and support during the course of editing this video together.

If you can, I'd like to hear your opinions on how I did. How did you enjoy it, see where my strengths are as well as the areas I need to improve, if you'll come back to see it again, etc. I'd really like to hear them! So thanks for watching!

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Slideshow School Project - Can I Get Your Opinions?

I really enjoyed it, great job. The music for each corresponding land was well chosen. As for improvements, I felt that the time dedicated to each land was a tad bit rushed. Perhaps you could lengthen the slideshow by providing more pictures for each land (especially more attraction pictures like for HM and Pirates)

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I really enjoyed it, great job. The music for each corresponding land was well chosen. As for improvements, I felt that the time dedicated to each land was a tad bit rushed. Perhaps you could lengthen the slideshow by providing more pictures for each land (especially more attraction pictures like for HM and Pirates)
    I would love to, but unfortunately each video had to be limited to 3 minutes 30 seconds at most. The music took up 3:15, the credits taking up 15 second, and the black segments at the beginning and end taking up roughly 10 seconds. So I did try my best to evenly space out my time. If I had no restrictions on time what so ever, I would have made this video around 10 to 15 minutes long making it a mega tribute to Disneyland. Perhaps I could work on that in my spare time, but that's basically what happened. I was restricted to 3 minutes 30 seconds and had to work with what I had.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^while I agree it feels a little rushed, it depends on how much time you have...if you have another minute try adding a few more slides to each section if not...it looks pretty good to me

Also still think of Fallout NV when you play Jingle in the adventureland area

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I would love to, but unfortunately each video had to be limited to 3 minutes 30 seconds at most. The music took up 3:15, the credits taking up 15 second, and the black segments at the beginning and end taking up roughly 10 seconds. So I did try my best to evenly space out my time. If I had no restrictions on time what so ever, I would have made this video around 10 to 15 minutes long making it a mega tribute to Disneyland. Perhaps I could work on that in my spare time, but that's basically what happened. I was restricted to 3 minutes 30 seconds and had to work with what I had.
    In that case, I would just turn it in the way it is.

• Chief Troublemaker

Well, I don't know about making videos, but I know what I like. And I really liked it. I liked the way the music 'faded in' from one song to another. I didn't think the slides were very rushed. I felt that they were there long enough for me to recognize each one. And I really liked at the end when they started moving fast that there was just a little glimpse/fade of Walt Disney. Kind of like he was a fleeting memory appearing in our minds.

Very well done, Bongo. I give you an 'A+ + + + + + +…..' but you still can't have a Red Ryder BB gun!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I believe that to be a wonderful project. You used what time you were given, the music melted and sounded like 1 piece of music, the photos were clear-concise-colorful, and the whole thing kept my attention.

The last dedication to Walt bears a spelling and grammatical error. "...he has helped shape...." would be the correct grammar and spelling. Otherwise you have two adverbs together. Oops!

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Hooterville, USA

I would have ended your video like DL ends your stay there, with fireworks.

At least show a picture of the fireworks over the castle as your last pic, and you could kill two birds with one stone.
    Last edited by Druggas; 01-06-2014 at 07:01 AM.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Great video. Very well done. One slight improvement I saw, Jingle makes me think of Frontierland, not Adventreland. Maybe that's just me. But I kept thinking you had the "wrong"music in the Adventureland section. I don't know what music to play there... Maybe the Indiana Jones theme?

Great video. Loved the ending.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    Great video. Very well done. One slight improvement I saw, Jingle makes me think of Frontierland, not Adventreland. Maybe that's just me. But I kept thinking you had the "wrong"music in the Adventureland section. I don't know what music to play there... Maybe the Indiana Jones theme?

Great video. Loved the ending.
    that music plays in the queue for Indiana Jones Adventure, so it is appropriate