• Minion

Nocturnal Nights event for Grizzly Peak

I don't know what time of year this could be used for...possibly summer or just select weekend night like Mad T Party, but I think a nightime event for GP would be pretty cool. The event would have a couple of small experiences you could do as well as an Improved Grizzly River Run.

Glow worm "light show"
    Glow worms (represented by small lights) would be carefully hidden throuought Grizzly Peak. At night, these lights would slowly begin to glow brighter and brighter until they light up all of grizzly peak. They would remain on for the remainder of the event similar to the neon lighting in Cars Land.

Puppets/ Live animals
    Larger animals like deer, Raccoons, wolves etc would be represented by puppets or small animatronics similar to Olaf over at the frozen meet and greet. Smaller animals (certain insects or reptiles etc) could be on display similar to the pony express shack at Knotts Berry Farm

Campfire Stories
    In RCCC kids can join Russel, Carl, and Doug where they tell campfire stories and songs

Native American activities
    Guest can participate in Mono and Sierra Miwok games and crafts.

Grizzly River Run additions
    Every 30 minutes (hour maybe?) there would be a small light show telling the legend of how grizzly peak was created. For those of you not familiar
    Long ago, Ah-Ha-Ee, the Coyote, met Oo-Soo-Ma-Te, the Grizzly Bear on top of the mountain. Seeing the Grizzly was a powerful being, Coyote asked him to watch over and protect the land. Then one day, people came and tried to chase Oo-Soo-Ma-Te from the Mountain. But Grizzly was strong and held his ground. When coyote saw the brave bear standing alone against so many, he turned Oo-Soo-Ma-Te into stone so he could never be driven away. To this day, people claim they can hear the great bear spirit in the wind that roars through the caverns and trees of Grizzly Peak.
    ―The Legend of Grizzly Peak
    The light show would end with the mountain coming to life as a grizzly bear before turning back to stone using projection mapping. On the ride, Guest may be able to sight Ah-Ha-Ee the coyote prowling the area watching the grizzly bear watching over the land.

Bigfoot takes over the Grizzly peak trail.
    While walking through Grizzly trail, guests may be able to hear or even spot the Sasquatch that is rumored to roam the area.

That's all I have so far, if anyone has any ideas feel free to post them below. Maybe the event could spread to other animal focused areas of the park like A Bugs Land or maybe Pacific Wharf.

Re: Nocturnal Nights event for Grizzly Peak

This definitely sounds like a great way of plussing the area, and really making it a better section of the park. However... Part of me is wondering if there's space for puppeteers to wander around at night, and there's probably going to be a problem with outdoor animatronics, though the puppets and animatronics would probably be ok to bring out during the day on a cart, with "rangers" teaching individuals about the native wildlife.

The light show giving the story, I honestly think that'd be a great idea, but I can see the big problem here being traffic, because after World of Color, and during the summer, the traffic flowing through Grizzly Peak can get a bit crowded, even with the fairly large walkway that people have to walk through the land. Combine that with a light show that happens after World of Color, and it could effectively make it near-impossible for individuals to walk through the area. Even if it only lasted 5-10 minutes, that would pretty much make it so Disney would need to run crowd control CMs around the area.

Overall though, these are great ideas that would really give a lot more spirit to the Grizzly Peak section of the park, the problem is I'm just not sure there's enough space in the land to make some of it feasible (considering the Grand Californian effectively land-locking the area)

• Minion

Thanks, I was thinking space was going to be a problem, maybe the WOC fastpass distribution area could be done elsewhere to lower the traffic?

• Not the Hawkguy

I like the thought of finding ways to plus Grizzly Peak, but with WoC already running nightly near closing, would it be that good of an idea to run nighttime events so close? Also you have to consider the hotel which directly borders the land. At least with WoC, there's a berm of buildings that does a decent job of softening any noise.

Honestly, I think the only realistic way to plus the land would be to add some more rides to the area (which would also probably necessitate shutting down the entire area, but still). As much as I like the idea of RCCC, it occupies a large plot of land that could be better utilized. They could also add a second ride into Grizzly Peak if they really wanted to.

• formerly very helpful

I like these ideas. I really think DCA could benefit from embracing this kind of folklore.

I like your ideas. I tend to avoid the Grizzly Peak area at night so maybe it would get me to go there. There's been a complaint over the years that GRR doesn't have enough theming so it would be good to add something.

• Minion

Since that area is supposed to look like the Sierra Nevada mountains, with the gray granite, trees, water and the Grand Californian modeled after the Ahwahnee in Yosemite, I'd like to see them do a miniature re-creation of the famous firefall which was done off of Glacier Point at Yosemite from 1872 to 1968. Even if it was just simulated and not actual fire.
    Attached Images Attached Images