Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

•   
    • Armchair Imagineer

Re: Sub Lagoon closure has reopen timeframe now

My prediction is that Disney ends up placing a faux submarine loading area that takes you down to those clam-shell ride vehicles. The lagoon will be drained of water, a semi-transparent "roof" will be installed at the present water level, and the Finding Nemo/Dory theme will be reworked in a "Dry for Wet" special effects environment.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    But THIS time around it's been closed with a definitive time frame and specific cause. No promise of anything new, in fact only a statement of "reopening on this day as Finding Nemo".
    When did Disney give a reopen ing date? September 26 is just filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I thought the subs were originally closed to retheme them/rework the ride to the Atlantis film, and when that movie failed to be a box office success, the plan was scrapped? Or did the ride close first, and then Atlantis was proposed as a new theme? I'm asking that honestly, because I can swear I remember seeing an Atlantis wrap on the construction walls at some point.
    The Atlantis project was never announced or even approved. Walt Disney Imagineering put up a banner that Pressler furiously ordered removed because the vague talk of a future attraction was not true.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I missed that part. The announce I found links to said returning, not "we're lying to you, here's some filler".

You either believe what Disney has put up, or there's nothing on this planet that's going to convince you.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say that TDA stated the subs would close tomorrow but then went ahead and closed them a day early to prevent souvenir-taking by people who'd want to do things like that.

That's what I would do if I was TDA anyway. I worked at a movie theater in college that was closing down. It was an old time theater. And the day of the last show people were ripping anything they could take away right off the walls. They stole all sorts of stuff, and even ripped up pieces of carpet. Taking souvenirs.

TDA might have thought that people coming on the announced last day would do that, but they would not do it the day before it was announced to close...and so they could have pulled this fast one to avoid souvenir taking.

To me, this might be TDA preserving their option to put out commemorative merchandise in the future for people to buy as souvenirs, instead of people stealing things from the ride themselves on the "last day".

Not that there's a lot people could steal on the subs...but people might have vandalized them by putting their initials on them or something. People behave horribly, especially when they feel Disney owes them something or they are mad that Disney is taking something away.

Maybe TDA wanted to avoid trouble...and hence the fake-out with the closing date.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQ9 View Post
    My prediction is that Disney ends up placing a faux submarine loading area that takes you down to those clam-shell ride vehicles. The lagoon will be drained of water, a semi-transparent "roof" will be installed at the present water level, and the Finding Nemo/Dory theme will be reworked in a "Dry for Wet" special effects environment.
    I just don't understand why they don't build a Nemo dark ride in DCA, on Paradise Pier. That would fit PERFECTLY over there. It would not only be a nice compliment to Little Mermaid, but DCA is really a Pixar-powered park and Nemo would be quite at home with that gang.

Paradise Pier could really use another attraction. Why not clone Pooh's Honey Hunt but change the theme to Nemo and add that to Paradise Pier?

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    Oh, is the ride going to be changed to someone shouting "Dory!Dory!Dory!" every two seconds instead of "Nemo!Nemo!Nemo!"?

big upgrade there...
    Like that's all Finding Dory is going to be...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    I just don't understand why they don't build a Nemo dark ride in DCA, on Paradise Pier. That would fit PERFECTLY over there. It would not only be a nice compliment to Little Mermaid, but DCA is really a Pixar-powered park and Nemo would be quite at home with that gang.

Paradise Pier could really use another attraction. Why not clone Pooh's Honey Hunt but change the theme to Nemo and add that to Paradise Pier?
    Could be nice since the sequel takes place on the coast of CA. I'd prefer somethign original or another property since the nemo films take place in the present.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post

I wouldn't say Paradise Pier needs another attraction per say. It already houses 9 rides, more than any other area of the park (it also takes up more land than any other area of the park, but still). The problems PP has is two-fold. One, much of the land has to shut down early every night for WoC. Two, the attractions available aren't as spread out popularity-wise as would be liked. California Screamin and Toy Story Mania, the two biggest attractions in the area in terms of popularity and ridership, are in the same proximity of each other, meaning people are only drawn to one area. Little Mermaid gets ridership partly because it's located at the entrance to the whole land, but the entire western portion of the land is a mess. A lot of land is tied up in a food court and flex area (they've used this are for the Navidad celebration and the Greek Days stuff), superstructure for Screamin, and the only true "E-ticket" in the area, Goofy's Sky School, is a very basic, forgettable roller coaster that doesn't truly work at bringing people over.

Wait where was I going with this....

Oh yeah, even with that, Paradise Pier isn't the biggest problem area in that park. Hollywood Land needs way more help in actually bringing people in, and Bugs Land needs some help as well (right now it's really nothing more than a dressed-up pathway between Cars Land and ToT). Even the Grizzly Mountain area could use more draws.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I missed that part. The announce I found links to said returning, not "we're lying to you, here's some filler".

You either believe what Disney has put up, or there's nothing on this planet that's going to convince you.
    What Disney has up states that the date is filler. That is why the DisneyParks Blog did not give the date.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Oh the irony in your interpretation of his response. You missed his jab at the whole 'lie' discussion...
    No. Not really.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The last time I sat down and read a calendar cover to cover, I remember September 26th being listed as a date.

No where does it say it's a filler date.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    The last time I sat down and read a calendar cover to cover, I remember September 26th being listed as a date.

No where does it say it's a filler date.

From the Official Disney Blog (what lazyboy970 is referring to)

On January 6, 2014, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage will close for an extended refurbishment, to reopen in late 2014.

NO specific re-opening date is given. SO, it does appear that MiceChat is correct when mentioning the end of Sept is just a place holding date, until more specific plans are made/set.

Looks like Mice Chat is being more forward and open, to plans that Disney has in mind, and is considering, Whereas Disney is being more tight lipped and not being as honest as to the future of the subs.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 01-05-2014 at 10:59 PM.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Looks like Mice Chat is being more forward and open, to plans that Disney has in mind, and is considering, Whereas Disney is being more tight lipped and not being as honest as to the future of the subs.
    That very same blog post implicity states that the ride will reopen. It seems silly to use the lack of date in the blog post as evidence of shennanigans when your very basic premise is that the blog post is lying about the ride's return. You cant pick and choose which parts to believe.

Since Big Thunder hasn't gad an official reopening date posted, should we also assume that Disney is lying about reopening the ride?

I think it will be interesting to see what happens after they drain the water. If they start painting/refurbishing after the walls go up then we will know for sure it is reopening. (Or when they bring back the big yellow crane ) Until then it is all speculation on both sides.

You are all funny with your speculations on why Nemo closed a day early. The truth is, the caverns began breaking apart and collapsing. The subs at the time had to reverse to get out of there instead of continuing through the whole path. It was on the 4th around 2 PM that this happened.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast