Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Sub Lagoon closure has reopen timeframe now

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Park operations does not get to dictate Star Wars. If they offered up the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage as a sacrifice to meet 2014 budget requirements then changes regarding Star Wars do not suddenly fix those budget requirements. They are still in place and the plan to meet them was already worked out. Why scramble to find other ways to cut operating costs? Captain EO is different because a film is far less cost intensive, that's why they have so long been used as filler.
    Captain EO and the entire 4D theater cannot disappear soon enough as far as I am concerned. With the two DCA 4D theaters, I think Disney suits can well afford to flatten the property for the Star Wars land switch-over. Doubt that the Nemo subs will be dropped, especially with a sure-to-be epically popular Finding Dory movie set to hit theaters on Jun 17, 2016. If anything, Dory elements consistant with both Nemo/Dory films might be added.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    At this point, with the ride already closed, Star Wars has nothing to do with it.

Do you think Park Operations would be happy to pick up the tab to reopen the ride in 2015 if Star Wars land doesn't happen?

Again: if the ride is so costly to operate now, there is no point in reopening it at all. And if Disney really is closing it to save money, there no reason to concoct this whole refurbishment conspiracy when it just ends up costing you more money than closing it out right.
    Your reasoning here tells me that the Nemo subs or most likely to be recieving the refurb and that it will reopen in 2015. I feel you are right that Operations will have nothing to do with the future of Nemo.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

I'd rather have Walt's Submarines, even in an altered state, than Ewoks in any form.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I'd rather have Walt's Submarines, even in an altered state, than Ewoks in any form.
    I would like the old parking lot back, unfortunately we have to push forward sometimes.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314