Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Sub Lagoon closure has reopen timeframe now

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    You think just because the Disney Parks Blog didn't mention their internal estimated completion date and just gave a more vague "towards the end of 2014" that they don't have a planned timeframe? You think they don't have a planned budget?
    You just postulated that the reason they didn't put dates out is because they need to figure it out once they get in there..
    Why would that put your dates at risk if you already have a planned schedule and max spend? You just responded as if it's crazy they don't have a schedule and budget. Ok.. so which is it? Disney doesn't give out blank checks, so they would have already planned a worst case and max spend, and if things take less... excellent great news everyone.. subs are opening early!

The reason they didn't share a date isn't because they don't know a date... it's they don't want to tell us. That's fair in its own sense because customers get too attached to planned dates - but I don't buy for a second its because they have to wait to drain the lagoon to figure out when they can be done.

Disney knows when they must be done.. because they will use the pocketbook to force it to be done.

Or there is the conspiracy theory they don't share a date because they want to keep their options open.

What will be telling is when we see actual refurb work happening in the lagoon or not.. after it's drained.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Using Big Thunder as the most recent example, when they announced it would be closed for ten months on the Disney Parks Blog, they were able to tell everyone what the plan was (is rebuilding the town, changing the trains, switching out the track). They had a plan of what they were going to do and they were open to sharing it.
    Not exactly true. A rumor started here that Rainbow Ridge was going to be demolished and nothing was going to replace it. Once the Disney blog mentioned it, after the rumors spread, the the voices began saying "We'll believe it when we see it". Once the pictures of a rebuilt Rainbow Ridge surfaced in updates, it became "Yeah, but..." or silence.

For all the times that people accuse Disney of using using fake refurbs to cover permanent closures, the masses need to be reminded the times they reacted to rumor and were wrong.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan
    No, it proves that the current plan is to refurbish the subs. They were specific on the work that was going to be done - making the coral reef in the lagoon look more vibrant in appearance. One should not just assume that it is a permanent closure until the attraction fails to reopen in Winter 2014 or the lagoon is torn down during the time frame.
    What Disney has admitted to, as mentioned by Mr. Liver, is failing in their development of a longer lasting paint system.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You just postulated that the reason they didn't put dates out is because they need to figure it out once they get in there..
    Why would that put your dates at risk if you already have a planned schedule and max spend? You just responded as if it's crazy they don't have a schedule and budget. Ok.. so which is it? Disney doesn't give out blank checks, so they would have already planned a worst case and max spend, and if things take less... excellent great news everyone.. subs are opening early!

The reason they didn't share a date isn't because they don't know a date... it's they don't want to tell us. That's fair in its own sense because customers get too attached to planned dates - but I don't buy for a second its because they have to wait to drain the lagoon to figure out when they can be done.

Disney knows when they must be done.. because they will use the pocketbook to force it to be done.

Or there is the conspiracy theory they don't share a date because they want to keep their options open.

What will be telling is when we see actual refurb work happening in the lagoon or not.. after it's drained.
    to be fair, they didn't share a re opening date when the BTMRR refurb either. It just said re opening Fall 2013.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

wow...just wow closing a poplar ride just to save money....I hate when Disney does this..it is so against the original Disney Company

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    wow...just wow closing a poplar ride just to save money....I hate when Disney does this..it is so against the original Disney Company
    No one really knows if that's what they are doing.

Edit: No one here really knows if that's what they are doing.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Not exactly true.
    I went back to read it and you are right, they didnt mention Rainbow Ridge in that original statement. But they did give a reason for the refurbishment, which is more than we got here. We will never know exactly if the rumors of permanently removing Rainbow Ridge were true or not, but certainly enough information was out there before the refurbishment to suggest that something would happen with the town, and it did.

Compare the rumors swirling around the Big Thunder Refurbishment and the information provided by the Disney Parks Blog, to the amount being provided regarding the Subs. The only rumor we have is that they are closing forever and the only official word is that they are draining it. It is a180 degree change in the amount and tone of info. That is what is strange and peculiar.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Don't worry quite yet. The idea of its closing is based upon historical evidence, but that isn't enough to convince me that it is truly closing permanently. This is a matter of "will history repeat itself?" Merely speculation at the moment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

With Big Thunder, there wasn't any talk of closing the attraction. THAT is not the case with the Subs.

I really hope the Subs are around for decades to come, because it's one of the most beautiful areas in Disneyland, and it looks terrific next to the Matterhorn -

The subs have been lacking, ever since they returned ( and I don't think that fish you run into in the dark has ever worked the way it was suppose to) . Hope they do ADD Lots of visual enhancements to the attraction, and I'm not talking video visuals. I want REAL solid additions. When it turned Nemo, they made the attraction longer, BUT there is less to see. If they slowed it down - there should have been MUCH more added, and this would be a great time to do that.

This great attraction really does need to be saved, and enhanced!

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't fully trust either MiceAge or Disney, based on prior history.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Not exactly true. A rumor started here that Rainbow Ridge was going to be demolished and nothing was going to replace it.
    That was a leak started by David Koenig at Mouseplanet if I recall...

Once the Disney blog mentioned it, after the rumors spread, the the voices began saying "We'll believe it when we see it". Once the pictures of a rebuilt Rainbow Ridge surfaced in updates, it became "Yeah, but..." or silence.
    Which came first? The chicken or the egg?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    For me, I think the most dissapointing thing about this closure is when it reopens, I bet it will be virtually identical to the ride they already have, instead of really improving it.
    Yup, it absolutely will be. They even said as much in the comments section of the article.

For all the times that people accuse Disney of using using fake refurbs to cover permanent closures, the masses need to be reminded the times they reacted to rumor and were wrong.
    YES.

Well said Timicus.

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    That was a leak started by David Koenig at Mouseplanet if I recall...
    You are right about this. Thanks for the correction.

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?
    The question is moot because the goal post will be moved depending on the angle/view of the speaker. Factions cannot even agree what exactly is the chicken or the egg. For example - Does the breaking of theme begin with Eisner-regime cheap, off-the-cuff-yada-yada or did it begin when Walt Disney signed off on a anachronistic Kodak shop on turn of the century Main St.?
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The subs have been lacking, ever since they returned ( and I don't think that fish you run into in the dark has ever worked the way it was suppose to) .
    I'm curious--what was supposed to happen?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast