Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Sub Lagoon closure has reopen timeframe now

Closes Jan 6, reopens late 2014. Probably won't know exact date until they drain the lagoon and get a look at exactly what they need to do and how intense it will be. But it isn't closing permanently.
    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland Park to Close for Refurbishment January 6 « Disney Parks Blog

So, not a permanent closure. Not a fake refurb.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Re: Sub Lagoon closure has reopen timeframe now

Yaaay

• formerly very helpful

For me, I think the most dissapointing thing about this closure is when it reopens, I bet it will be virtually identical to the ride they already have, instead of really improving it.

•   
    • Minion

Didn't they say the orignal ride was giong to open later too then it never did? I forget now it was so long ago.

A year's worth of Nemo Submarine construction updates. No!!!!!!!!

• Special Agent

Its strange that it will be closed so log and the only change they can discuss is repainting the coral. Supposedly that coral was designed to stay vibrant forever, and it lasted less time than the paint they used before. Very strange indeed.

Late 2014 also seems to imply that it is even further out than the original Sept date that was posted.

• I'm not really here

I think the late 2014 is intentionally vague as they won't know what all they have to do until they get in there. So that's a rough guess.

I also don't think they'll pass up this opportunity to do other work. Entirely probably that they just don't want to give it all away in this first post. With a at least 9 months of work, they may want to space out announcements of any upgrades/plussing, etc. Rarely does Disney do a refurb this length without adding a little something at least.

I do remember they talking about the longevity of the paint and such used. Maybe their test conditions didn't end up accurately reflecting the real world? Things do happen.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Guessing this will allow them to add in new elements from finding dory rather easily.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I don't buy it... Disney is going to go into this with an open ended budget and timeframe. Even without a nailed down scope you still have a planned timeframe based on what you think you'll encounter. Still peculiar.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I don't buy it... Disney is going to go into this with an open ended budget and timeframe. Even without a nailed down scope you still have a planned timeframe based on what you think you'll encounter. Still peculiar.
    You think just because the Disney Parks Blog didn't mention their internal estimated completion date and just gave a more vague "towards the end of 2014" that they don't have a planned timeframe? You think they don't have a planned budget?

Whew, can't wait to ride it again in the fall.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    You think just because the Disney Parks Blog didn't mention their internal estimated completion date and just gave a more vague "towards the end of 2014" that they don't have a planned timeframe? You think they don't have a planned budget?
    If they have a proposed budget and timeframe then it certainly wouldn't be an issue of "let's see how bad it is when we drain the lagoon."

Using Big Thunder as the most recent example, when they announced it would be closed for ten months on the Disney Parks Blog, they were able to tell everyone what the plan was (is rebuilding the town, changing the trains, switching out the track). They had a plan of what they were going to do and they were open to sharing it.

Not so much this time. That's what is so peculiar. They don't even imply that anything will really be done other than draining the lagoon and that the coral should look brighter when it reopens(will it be reapplied or just hosed off?). Considering what should be a huge expense in taking a ride down, they have to have a reason for it, and as of right now they don't want anyone to know the reason.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea closed for refurbishment. So did the Rocket Rods. This announcement proves nothing.

•   
    • Minion

^^ oh yeah I forgot they put up signs for the rocket rods I think with a 2001 timeframe for re-open. I think the subs will re-open since there is another movie coming out.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea closed for refurbishment. So did the Rocket Rods. This announcement proves nothing.
    No, it proves that the current plan is to refurbish the subs. They were specific on the work that was going to be done - making the coral reef in the lagoon look more vibrant in appearance. One should not just assume that it is a permanent closure until the attraction fails to reopen in Winter 2014 or the lagoon is torn down during the time frame.
    Last edited by frollofan; 12-13-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast