Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I the only one that loves Laughing Stock?

I've been reading a lot of posts about the billies lately and almost all of them speak very negatively towards Laughing Stock. I'm just as sad as anyone that the billies are leaving but I think laughing stock is great! I love their comedy shows and when I've gone to see them the last few weeks the GHS has been PACKED and everyone is really into the shows, laughing, cheering, etc. From what I've seen they have 4 different shows, all good, and they recently have been doing a Christmas show that is funny and also really sweet. And their gunfight show in the mornings is about the last remnant of old Disney magic. Like I said, I'm sad about losing the billies but I love laughing stock and I know I'm not alone. That's it. End rant

• Done with MC.

Re: Am I the only one that loves Laughing Stock?

I personally don't care for LS and will avoid it at all cost even though GH is my favorite lunch time venue. But that's just one persons opinion, to each their own!

• Minion

ORWEN: There's a certain sister witch I know who always says I'm a laughing stock so I hope you're not talking about me just now.

The only thing I like about LS is where they put on their show. The Horseshoe is a classic and deserves better. Sorry, not a Laughing Stock fan.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Sorry, can't join you in the LS love. I've seen parts of the gunfight, and that was ok for a short street bit, but the one LS show I saw all of.... yeah, once was enough.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Down Pluto!

They are OK - but they are no 'Billies.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I try to see one or two shows when I get to the park.

one thing I don't like is sometimes in the off season, they run the same show each time. I went to three in a row once and they did the bachelor contest each time.

it would be nice if they would get some new and slightly longer material.

My family and I have always enjoyed the laughing stock show

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Laughing Stock isn't bad, BUT they seriously need some NEW shows. The old shows they have NEED DESPERATELY to be "retired" , . . .

Oh, and the Laughing Stock shows do work MUCH better as a street show. They just didn't translate into the Golden Horseshoe very well.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, I haven't seen them since I worked there, so it's probably all new people by now, but when I used to work on the popcorn wagon in Frontierland, I got to see each show twice and it was always the highlight of my day. All three of them are great improv actors and the shows were always hilarious. Even though they were always the same formula, because they would use guests in the shows the shows always ended up being different and unique. Here are the shows they used to have in the 90's (saw the first show most often so I remember that one the best):

1. Dating Game -- finding a date for Sally Mae, the Mayor's daughter. They always picked two adults and a kid, and Sally Mae always picked the kid as the winner. Once they took the blindfold off and the kid saw Sally Mae, he would run away. The Mayor demanded that the other guy (don't remember his name) had to marry his daughter. Other Guy refuses, and says he will run for Mayor.

2. Mayoral Debate -- Mayor and Other Guy begin a mayoral debate when Sally Mae runs out to announce that the Frontierland bank has just been robbed. This one I'm a little fuzzy on. I don't remember exactly what the audience participation was, but I'm assuming they were fake witnesses to the robbery. In the end, it turns out that the Mayor was the one who robbed the bank (spoiler alert!), and he runs away. The Other Guy announces they are going to round up a possee to find the Mayor.

3. Rounding Up the Possee - The Other Guy gets the guests to join is possee to look for the Mayor. This one I also don't remember that well, and I don't actually remember how it ends.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I guess my question to those of you who don't like it would be "have you gone to see a show lately and if so what specifically didn't you like about it?" I'm not trying to say people can't have their opinion, but I was at 2 shows today and the horseshoe was PACKED and everyone was really into the show. They are obviously very popular with the guests, I'm just wondering why so many in this forum speak so negatively about laughing stock.

• "Always On The Move..."

I've LS a few times, and while cute, is not really my thing. Of course same is true for the Billies. Seen them a couple of times and that was enough. However the original Golden Horseshoe Review I absolutely loved and went to see it every single time I was there. I would like to see them bring that back.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Well, I haven't seen them since I worked there, so it's probably all new people by now, but when I used to work on the popcorn wagon in Frontierland, I got to see each show twice and it was always the highlight of my day. All three of them are great improv actors and the shows were always hilarious. Even though they were always the same formula, because they would use guests in the shows the shows always ended up being different and unique. Here are the shows they used to have in the 90's (saw the first show most often so I remember that one the best):

1. Dating Game -- finding a date for Sally Mae, the Mayor's daughter. They always picked two adults and a kid, and Sally Mae always picked the kid as the winner. Once they took the blindfold off and the kid saw Sally Mae, he would run away. The Mayor demanded that the other guy (don't remember his name) had to marry his daughter. Other Guy refuses, and says he will run for Mayor.

2. Mayoral Debate -- Mayor and Other Guy begin a mayoral debate when Sally Mae runs out to announce that the Frontierland bank has just been robbed. This one I'm a little fuzzy on. I don't remember exactly what the audience participation was, but I'm assuming they were fake witnesses to the robbery. In the end, it turns out that the Mayor was the one who robbed the bank (spoiler alert!), and he runs away. The Other Guy announces they are going to round up a possee to find the Mayor.

3. Rounding Up the Possee - The Other Guy gets the guests to join is possee to look for the Mayor. This one I also don't remember that well, and I don't actually remember how it ends.
    Thank you for this - THESE are the routines I remember. I saw the "Dating Game" go seriously PG+ awry on a few occasions, and they were (for all the inappropriateness, or maybe because of it) absolute laugh-out-loud moments of joy.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

I guess my question to those of you who don't like it would be "have you gone to see a show lately and if so what specifically didn't you like about it?"

The last time I saw it was in October or November. It was the robbery spiel. I just didn't find it funny. For me, it sounded like bits that were written specifically for small children; overly obvious with every punchline... and not much else to the show. I've also seen the dating game one, although not in a much longer while, but I did see that one several times and it was always exactly the same (save the audience participants). I didn't like that one either. It felt like a ton of super stale jokes I've heard before.

Actually, the audience participation might also be part of what I don't like about it. It seems like there's always at least one participant who is super awkward about it. The cast then either tries to make light of it with more jokes, usually gets more awkward, or just tries to make them more "ok" with it. It never seems to work, and that awkward factor puts me off. I just don't like watching that sort of thing.

So between the uncomfortable-factor and the jokes, that I guess just aren't my cup of tea comedywise, I really can't sit through the show. I'm glad some people like it, because hey, if you're at Disneyland, it sucks to be doing something not fun. But for me, that show isn't fun.

Saw the "find a husband for Sallie Mae" and it was ok. Something I could watch for just a couple of minutes while I get some food. But then it keeps going. And going.

I'm not big on audience participation things. Amused briefly that Disney would have a guy in drag as one of the characters. But then you can map out pretty much exactly how this is going to go.

Just not my thing, I guess.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast