Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• #bringevilback

Re: I might want to do the (nearly) impossible...

Good luck! Keep us posted!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

UPDATE
    Well, I finally went yesterday. And within thirteen hours with near-peak crowds, I conquered every attraction that Disneyland Park has to offer. Walt Disney once said that "Disneyland is your land." But for one day, Disneyland was MY land.

Thanks for all the support, and I'll be back at the park any day!
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• #bringevilback

Wow, congrats! Can you walk us through your day? I'd love to know how you managed!

• Singing Drinker

*applause*

I can't even imagine a 13 hour day at the park any more. Good job
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Wow, congrats! Can you walk us through your day? I'd love to know how you managed!
    Well, it was a land-by-land approach, and some attractions were acts of luck (like a show was JUST getting loaded or a ride was a walk-on).

I took out Main Street by starting in the Disney Gallery, Lincoln, and the Cinema. Afterwards, I took a back-and-forth trip on the vehicles, taking the Omnibus and the Fire Engine up to the castle, and the Horseless Carriage and the Horse-Drawn Trolley down to the flagpole.

I then headed into Adventureland where I went right into the Tiki Room, then straight onto Indy with an SR, then waited on the Jingle Cruise (with probably the best skipper for this version), and topped it off (literally) with Tarzan's Treehouse.

I then went right next door to Pirates of the Caribbean, but faced a block when Haunted Mansion Holiday was down. Instead, I took a trip to Critter Country where the Canoes, Pooh, and Splash (with SR, of course). Heading back, HMH finally reopened. BTW, the "13" on the advent calendar is unveiled, and it is (guess what) another Jack face! However, it is much larger than the others with a Santa hat.

After that, I did a trip around the Rivers of America by taking the raft to Tom Sawyer Island Pirate's Lair, then taking a trip on the Mark Twain and the Columbia. On the Columbia, however, we got STUCK right near Mike Fink's cabin, thus resulting in a 10 minute wait for help. We came off unharmed and got the complimentary passes (I knew where THAT would work for me). Afterwards, I stopped for lunch at the Stage Door Café for a corn dog, because I knew I would have to get one sooner or later After that, I *suffered through* a Laughing Stock Co. showing to count the Golden Horseshoe, did the Shooting Exposition, and ended at the Big Thunder Ranch.

After that, I started out in Fantasyland by (unfortunately) doing both Fantasy Faire attractions, the castle walkthrough, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and Pixie Hollow. The third one was a simple walk-in and walk-out. After that, I headed into Snow White and Pinocchio, and then took a carousel ride. Seeing the parade just ending from the carousel, I ran to Storybook Land to avoid crowds, and was successful.

Afterwards, I ran into Toontown got a FP for Roger Rabbit, took a run through all the houses, and then waited a long time for Gadget's Go-Coaster Afterwards, I headed back into Fantasyland to ride Small World before running across the way for a 5:00 show of "Mickey and the Magical Map". By this point, it was getting dark. After THAT, I headed back into Toontown to ride Roger, and then made it to the Matterhorn (which was the worst of the SR queues I dealt with that day).

Heading into Tomorrowland, I grabbed a FP for Star Tours and took action. After grabbing pizza at Pizza Port, I checked off Nemo, Autopia, and Innoventions in one swoop. Using my readmission pass from the Columbia, I got onto Space Mountain within a few minutes. I then got the Starcade and Captain EO off the list. Afterwards, Buzz and Star Tours were done, but then Astro Orbitor were still left hanging.

After waiting a half-hour just for a rocket ride, I made it into Fantasyland to finish the night off. Dumbo was an easy ten minute wait, but by this time, the fireworks were going to start soon. I waited in the line for Peter Pan before they reopened for the night, and enjoyed the fireworks from there. When it reopened, I walked right onto Peter Pan and then to Mr. Toad. After that, it was finally time for the last main ride. Casey Jr. was my last ride in the park as it rounded out the day. I saw across the way to the whole park and saw that I had conquered this whole park. Afterwards, I ran to Main Street and took a "victory lap" on the Railroad all the way around to count for all the stops before heading back to the Simba Lot via the Monorail.

Pretty freaking awesome day if you ask me.
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• #bringevilback

Sounds like a fun, crazy, exhausting day! Plus it's nice to hear that storybook is open again!

• Under that tree again!

Next Challenge. DL + DCA.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

That sounds like the most fun, exciting day ever!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Next Challenge. DL + DCA.
    First, DCA. Then probably both parks (but most likely in the off-season).
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

I waited in the line for Peter Pan before they reopened for the night, and enjoyed the fireworks from there.

How did that happen?

I have never ventured back into Fantasyland after fireworks and Dec 11th was my first time. We had walked around the ROA path to travel behind the Castle ( which was fine because the trees in the Ranch were lit up really bright) and found the whole area roped off with no rides operating.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    I have never ventured back into Fantasyland after fireworks and Dec 11th was my first time. We had walked around the ROA path to travel behind the Castle ( which was fine because the trees in the Ranch were lit up really bright) and found the whole area roped off with no rides operating.
    20-30 minutes after the fireworks they let people back into FL. They start a line over by Mr Toad (don't just line up against the rope blocking FL off, you'll end up behind the line) along the fence where the DAS kiosk usually is. They orderly walk the line to and through Peter Pan (you can break for Mr Toad if you prefer)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    First, DCA. Then probably both parks (but most likely in the off-season).

DCA will be easy. It's much smaller than DL. Also try to not do it totally offseason but somewhere in between. When rides are running at full capacity in the offseason even low crowd days will have lines here and there and a longer wait just to load.

I wonder if your knock out the rides land by land, was advantageous. I would of criss crossed a lot to make use of FPs.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I wonder if your knock out the rides land by land, was advantageous. I would of criss crossed a lot to make use of FPs.
    Yeah, it worked for the first part of the day until I hit Fantasyland. Around this time, I hit parade traffic. So FL, TT, and TL were all crossed over. But other than that, it was a really smooth transition!
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Swampy- As an infrequent visitor, I pretty much stay in one land and rideover and rideover and never cross over the hub once Peter Pan is done. I think there are enough non fast pass rides ride to fill in wait time for fast pass. His staying in ROA allowed for the boats to open which is the problem that Honk Kong MP is going to have tomorrow on her visit.

Master, grasshopper here....I do give you laurels for doing Main Street first instead of Peter Pan. I understand daylight hours/ parade would be problems. What would of killed me was waiting for the bus to fill. the older drivers are such flirts and like to talk and that on our visit it was nice to sit for a long time on the bus waiting....and listening.

And how critical was the CP pass from columbia?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast