View Poll Results: DLR Vs. USH Vs. SeaWorldSD: Which Park's Upcoming/Possible Rides/Lands Would Be Best

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • DCA - Soarin' Over The World

1 3.13%
  • DCA Monstrs Inc. Roller Coaster

2 6.25%
  • Disneyland - StarWars Land/New StarTours Seqences

10 31.25%
  • Disneyland - Frontierland Attraction Expansion

7 21.88%
  • USH - Dispicable Me: Minion Mayhem 3D motion simulator ride

3 9.38%
  • USH WWOHP Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

18 56.25%
  • USH WWOHP Diagon Alley

8 25.00%
  • USH - King Kong Land (if replicated from upcoming USF ride)

0 0%
  • SeaWorld - Aquatica Sand Diego - Upcoming Taumata Racer Slides

1 3.13%
  • Seaworld - Aquatica San Diego - trackless ride - up close penguin viewing

1 3.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

DLR Vs. USH Vs. SeaWorldSD: Which Park's Upcoming/Possible Rides/Lands Would Be Best

Source: Disney & More

These are exciting times indeed! The competition among themeparks for dominating attendance has grown wildly fearce, and we ride/attraction enthusiasts are fortunate benefactors. Which upcoming or possible Rides would provide most fun experience?

I plan to add a poll to this thread that will guage the popularity of upcoming rides/lands at Disneyland Resort, Universal Hollywood and SeaWorld (California based parks). In the meantime, please fieel free to discuss your chice(s) and viewpoints.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-17-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Singing Drinker

Re: DLR Vs. USH Vs. SeaWorldSD: Which Park's Upcoming/Possible Rides/Lands Would Be B

I'm increasingly of the opinion that there's no 'dominating' the market at this point. Disney will likely to continue to receive the lion's share of attendance if only due to sheer inertia in the marketplace, Universal and Knott's will likely increase, San Diego will continue to be San Diego and not have all that much of a direct effect.

In the short term, Uni will likely see a healthy attendance bump as they're the only park with anything actually new in the LA basin. KBF might get a bit from the mine ride and CS redos, but that's going to mostly appeal to the local nostalgia audience.

If Disneyland continues to coast? Much different conversation. If we hit 2023 without at least one new attraction of any variety in the ground and something major either being that attraction or in the process of build, and Uni continues at the pace they are now (if that's even possible)? My personal view is at that point you can look for Disneyland losing the 'throne'.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Artistic integrity

Re: DLR Vs. USH Vs. SeaWorldSD: Which Park's Upcoming/Possible Rides/Lands Would Be B

Well, since Disney has no announcements for the timebeing .. where the DLR is concerned ... Know nothing of what's going on with Sea World San Diego ... but know what Uni Hollywood has up their sleeves in a couple of years - the excitement clearly goes to Uni H. They are the winners.

I'm looking most forward to the west coast version of Potter. I have yet to see this attraction at all - and I know I'd make the shorter trek to see it in Hollywood well before any (long) trip to Florida.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

USH for the win. Disney hasn't even announced anything for the DLR. I haven't heard anything about Knott's and Sea World. Would anyone like to explain what's going on with those two?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    USH for the win. Disney hasn't even announced anything for the DLR. I haven't heard anything about Knott's and Sea World. Would anyone like to explain what's going on with those two?
    Knotts is refreshing the Calico Mine Ride with Garner Holt animatronics.
    Sea World is getting a brand new entrance.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I'm increasingly of the opinion that there's no 'dominating' the market at this point. Disney will likely to continue to receive the lion's share of attendance if only due to sheer inertia in the marketplace, Universal and Knott's will likely increase, San Diego will continue to be San Diego and not have all that much of a direct effect.
    You may well be right, Boglurch, that there is no dominating the market happening between DLR and USH (due to fierce competition0, where one is changing positioning above the other. They are both awsome theme park entertainment producers!

In the short term, Uni will likely see a healthy attendance bump as they're the only park with anything actually new in the LA basin. KBF might get a bit from the mine ride and CS redos, but that's going to mostly appeal to the local nostalgia audience..
    Yeah. Uni has the positive bumping in the basin going on big time. Although I'm from NorCal, I very much look forward to the Knotts' Calico Mine Train and log ride makeovers. Nostalgia doesn't have a lot to do with it though. I'm excited at the prospect (I'm a prospector ) that each could receive an awsome infusion of technology in terms of AAs and other interactive elements.

If Disneyland continues to coast? Much different conversation. If we hit 2023 without at least one new attraction of any variety in the ground and something major either being that attraction or in the process of build, and Uni continues at the pace they are now (if that's even possible)? My personal view is at that point you can look for Disneyland losing the 'throne'.
    DCA is anything but coasting....and the close-future Monsters' Doors ride will send it roller coasting!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Well, since Disney has no announcements for the timebeing .. where the DLR is concerned ... Know nothing of what's going on with Sea World San Diego ... but know what Uni Hollywood has up their sleeves in a couple of years - the excitement clearly goes to Uni H. They are the winners..
    I too am extremely stoked over Uni's promissing future line-up of varied rides.

I'm looking most forward to the west coast version of Potter. I have yet to see this attraction at all - and I know I'd make the shorter trek to see it in Hollywood well before any (long) trip to Florida.
    Agreed! The new Potter land will thrill me to pieces, and make up for not being closer to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    It has seriously been rumored that Disneyland Resort will in the future be getting a Monstrs Inc. indoor coaster, a new Soarin Over the World ride experience and a new Star Tours land within Tomorrowland. San Diego now has a unique Aguatica waterpark owned by SeaWorld, and a hot new racing slides ride that has the chillin' going on. I'm hoping that Sea World enertia will spur the company to replicate the unique eticket trackless ride that features closer than close live penguin viewing - truely a quantum leap ahead first-of-it's-kind experience.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Knotts is refreshing the Calico Mine Ride with Garner Holt animatronics.
    Garner Holt animatronics could be of the same high level in coolness as those they made for DCA's Little Mermaid and Radiator Springs Racers., if not even better.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-17-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Unhelpful User

Stop supporting seaworld.

• former CM

. . . Sea World is getting a brand new entrance.
    Owwwwww! Entrance!

• Artistic integrity

Diagon Alley for Uni Hollywood??

source please
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Sock Puppet

I thought the whole Monstropolis for DCA has been canceled, if it was ever even really on the table.

• Under that tree again!

Diagon Alley for Uni Hollywood??

source please

We will soon have a hint. I'm not sure if anything will happen right away due to the holidays, but it's going vertical soon. We may get an idea about how many buildings are going in in the next month.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

I think this will turn out roughly 60% for Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey. I have a hunch.

What S Cal theme park development R U most excited about?
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    We will soon have a hint. I'm not sure if anything will happen right away due to the holidays, but it's going vertical soon. We may get an idea about how many buildings are going in in the next month.
    Really looking forward to that. I saw the extent of the areas under construction during HHN, and a recent MC update and a few others down in the Uni forum show how it looks in daylight. That park's going to be nearly unrecognizable in a few years.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Under that tree again!

That park's going to be nearly unrecognizable in a few years.
    I hate to say it, I've enjoyed dozens of visits, but I hope so.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• No Disassemble!

Thanks for reminding us. But the project is still pretty meh and as long as there's an all powerful coastal commission to prevent tall coasters from being built Sea World SD will never have anything that would top the big 3 theme parks.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast