Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    I suggest that they combine shows from Tomorrow Land and Pooh Corner? Captain Eeyore, anyone?
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    102

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bakalor View Post
    Exactly! And when it was reopened it is lacking the lasers and other effects. It is outdated, underused and really should be scrubbed.
    You could say they same thing about Mr Lincoln.

    The lasers in THAT show were amazing!
    "Nice work, pal"

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    516

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    You could likely find people willing to die on any particular hill you drag up at the parks. Rocket Rods, Superstar Limo, Orange Stinger - I've seen passionate defenses of all of them.
    A significant number of people wouldn't even know what Superstar Limo, Orange Stinger or Rocket Rods were. Captain EO, on the other hand, is fairly well-known among people who have been to Disneyland or WDW. It's a legendary collaboration. A lot of people look back on it very fondly and there's a comfort in still being able to see it.

    That said, should it be around forever? No.

    Is there anything they could really do with that space? It's basically a theater in a nook of Tomorrowland with people waiting in line for Space Mountain on the roof. I'm not really sure, but I'm leaning toward no. I don't see Disney investing in a new 3D show. The technology is employed at your local cinemas for years now. I also don't think there's enough space in the smallish theater to add a new kind of show that would draw large crowds.

    What do we want in there?

    Prime real estate for a new attraction in Tomorrowland is next door, where Innoventions and that terrible restaurant are. Innoventions should be ripped out before a classic 80s Disney show.

  4. #19

    • Singing Drinker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,132

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    A significant number of people wouldn't even know what Superstar Limo, Orange Stinger or Rocket Rods were. Captain EO, on the other hand, is fairly well-known among people who have been to Disneyland or WDW. It's a legendary collaboration. A lot of people look back on it very fondly and there's a comfort in still being able to see it.

    That said, should it be around forever? No.

    Is there anything they could really do with that space? It's basically a theater in a nook of Tomorrowland with people waiting in line for Space Mountain on the roof. I'm not really sure, but I'm leaning toward no. I don't see Disney investing in a new 3D show. The technology is employed at your local cinemas for years now. I also don't think there's enough space in the smallish theater to add a new kind of show that would draw large crowds.

    What do we want in there?

    Prime real estate for a new attraction in Tomorrowland is next door, where Innoventions and that terrible restaurant are. Innoventions should be ripped out before a classic 80s Disney show.
    Your personal experience leads you to dismiss those rides. Threads on Rocket Rods bring out ardent defenders of that ride. I have the pleasure of knowing someone who definitely favors Orange Stinger over Symphony simply because the Stinger wasn't a stock ride with customized panels (I know, I know, it's a stock ride with a weird orange shell that doesn't look right from the inside, believe me, been down that road). If my time on this site has taught me *anything*, it's that nearly every single square inch of the Resort property is SOMEONE's Sacred Cow and may the gods help you for threatening it even in theory.

    There's enough space for several options, more if they get a little more creative. Rerouting the SM exit would be the immediate "big space clearance" as it would then give the Theatre access to the exit pavillion and restrooms as well as the criminally underused lower and upper floors of the Starcade - in fact, they probably could get away with carving that section out, going vertical and putting nearly any attraction imaginable. It's a fair amount of space.

    Even leaving out rerouting the SM exit, there's also the possibility of taking the theatre and the roof/queue area directly over it and connecting in to the Starcade vacancy as well. Moreso if they're actually going to ever get around to admitting they're not doing anything to the Peoplemover, as that would clear up THAT corridor through there as well.

    Innoventions is... problematic... in several ways, but for whatever reasons Disney seems to want to keep it. I'm assuming it's probably because they can continue to tout it as a low effort demo zone for sponsors, but hey - speculation is all we have. Heck, if you use the PM corridor, you could connect Innoventions in to the Starcade area, route it across and down into the Eo Theatre, back up and over to the Rocket Rods platform and back around into Innoventions and you have one hell of a huge footprint for a true E-ticket level experience.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  5. #20

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    86

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Sorry to bump an old thread but I personally feel that this attraction should not close in the near future. You will never find as great a singer or performer as Michael Jackson, the energy his performance has in this film is just tremendous. The special effects are top notch and it is overall an amazing music video. I just really wish that they would add in the laser effects.

    How can Disney really top an expensive well done Michael Jackson video? HISTA definitely did not do that. I doubt any ideas for some CG 3D character movie would come even close to the quality of EO.

  6. #21

    • Artistic integrity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    I get the feeling the co. is not sure what they exactly want to do with the theater - longterm. Same goes for the rest of the land. The rumors can keep coming, and talk in terms in absolutes, like they are going to happen for sure ... but I get the feeling .. things are going to remain as is .. through the 60th. With Nemo getting a refurb .. and Innoventions continue being the Miscellaneous Catch All building for all things unfuturistic .. like Thor, and Captain America meet & greets .. and anything else Disney decide they want to throw into that useless attraction.

    Captain EO can just ride it out ... till hopefully a solid plan emerges ... and not entail evil Sith Lords, Stormtroopers, & Action Heroes saving NY for the umpteenth time!

    Perhaps some would rather see Tomorrowland loose it's core premise - I on the other, don't.

    So ... despite the imperfections of this 70mm film presentation, lack of it's original 1986 special effects rigged into the theater itself ... I'd rather see EO play it out for a few more years.

    And if Tomorrowland is ever the recipient of some new original content ... OH .. I'll be so happy!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 02-02-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

  7. #22

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    I'm glad that it returned. I heard about the show as a child and wanted to check it out. I finally got to see it at Epcot in 2012. I though it was fun, but I would also like to see something more innovative and fun.

  8. #23

    • "Always On The Move..."
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,727

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Capt EO is a must see for myself and my family and friends everytime we go to the park. (A number of us were also there for the original opening day and all the ceremony with MJ) We usually see it at least 2 or 3 times when we go. We enjoyed it when it was first there, and now enjoy it for how wonderfully campy it is as well as to watch MJ perform when he was at his peak. I would be sorry to see it go, but totally understand if it does. Just grateful that I got to see it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!


    Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6


  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    86

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Capt EO is a must see for myself and my family and friends everytime we go to the park. (A number of us were also there for the original opening day and all the ceremony with MJ) We usually see it at least 2 or 3 times when we go. We enjoyed it when it was first there, and now enjoy it for how wonderfully campy it is as well as to watch MJ perform when he was at his peak. I would be sorry to see it go, but totally understand if it does. Just grateful that I got to see it again.
    Awesome to have another EO fan when so many hate on it. That's great you were there for the opening but Michael didn't appear at the opening although it was rumored he was in disguise. Maybe I am just thinking of Disney World though.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    380

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Captain EO is a great way to get off your feet and enjoy a classic. They shouldnt get rid of it until they have definitive plans for the space, and are ready to start construction

  11. #26

    • "Always On The Move..."
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,727

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesboy43 View Post
    Awesome to have another EO fan when so many hate on it. That's great you were there for the opening but Michael didn't appear at the opening although it was rumored he was in disguise. Maybe I am just thinking of Disney World though.
    If Michael wasn't there then we saw one hell of a look-a-like that was being escorted by LOTS of security and was stopping and talking to fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!


    Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6


  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    86

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    If Michael wasn't there then we saw one hell of a look-a-like that was being escorted by LOTS of security and was stopping and talking to fans.
    That sounds like it must have been him then.

  13. #28

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,609

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    What do we want in there?
    How about an open-air theater with real bands, not the coverbands that they get for Tomorrowland Terrace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nesboy43 View Post
    You will never find as great a singer or performer as Michael Jackson
    I guess you've never heard of these 4 guys from Liverpool.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    86

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How about an open-air theater with real bands, not the coverbands that they get for Tomorrowland Terrace.

    I guess you've never heard of these 4 guys from Liverpool.
    There are my second favorite group. I love the Beatles.

    However you need to like at Michael who sings and dances live. His dancing is magic, no one moves like that. His voice is phenomenal, no one can sing like that.

  15. #30

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    52

    Re: Captain EO, when will it be closed?

    Yeahhhhh, Captain EO is one of those attractions I go on every couple of months, and there's never anyone in there :P

    It's always worth a laugh though!

    Wouldn't mind seeing a new show in there with the advances in 3D since that show came out haha!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] When will Captain Eo open?
    By Crazee4mm in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 03:29 PM
  2. Will passholders be admitted when the parks are closed?
    By rkkm in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 11:47 PM
  3. When will they fix it?
    By Cap'n Jack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 01:17 PM
  4. What Happens When an Atraction's Closed?
    By NeverNeverland in forum Break Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 05:09 PM
  5. When will the decor on the castle be applied?
    By DisneyMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •