When to go in June or July

I need some help on when to go to Disneyland in the months of June or July. I am surprising my sister with a trip to Disneyland because she graduated from graduate school and it will also be her Christmas gift. I want go near her birthday which the 30th of June and i need to know when is the best time to go. I am getting a three day park hopper
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Indiana Scott

Re: When to go in June or July

Any time during those months is going to be extremely busy with 4th of July being the worst time of the year.

Summer is the busiest time of the year for the resort, with August being the busiest. I would say mid-June would be best, although it will still be very busy. If you can wait a few months, I would say try mid-September. The crowds are much more manageable and the weather is much cooler. Have a great trip!

I would say early in June before June 20 because that's when people are still in school

• Artistic integrity

Go in June!

The heat really sets in for the summer by the beginning of July .. and hangs on through October!

And in June ... we have Southern California's famous "June Gloom" mornings ... with cloud cover through 12 noon, that helps keep the region cool.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Under that tree again!

If it was closer to June I would bet the three above answers would change.

The Monday through Wednesday of the very first week of June are good days to visit. Nobody has mentioned this but outside of that you get weekends, Grad Nites and schools out summer crowds.

However at that early time of summer some attractions may be closed for refurbishment.

If you wait until weekdays in the last week of June it will be more crowed but the refurb will be done.

You want to avoid the first week of July, and the Monday after the long 4th of July weekend. After that the midweek days are not terribly busy.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

In my experience, summer has not been too busy compared to other times of the year like Spring Break, Halloweentime, and Christmas/New Years.

• Foolish Mortal

I'd say either late June, or mid to late July. Early to mid June may be over run with Grad Niters.

Late July if you ask me. Most aps blocked out. Park fully operational. Also tourists treat Disney in a different way than die hard fans. If you have a great plan of action could be great. I go when park opens, play till lunch. Leave and chill then come back in the evening. Enjoy shows a few rides. After first fantastic and fire work show park sees a drastic drop in attendance. Whatever you choose enjoy.

We went last June, 3rd week of the month and our days in the parks were Wed-Fri. I did not feel that the parks were inundated with grad nite kids. The mornings were cool, mid day was hot, but that was rest time at the hotel. Yes, it was crowded, but we didn't feel it was outrageously so. Look for ap blackout days before booking.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorld View Post
    Summer is the busiest time of the year for the resort, with August being the busiest. I would say mid-June would be best, although it will still be very busy. If you can wait a few months, I would say try mid-September. The crowds are much more manageable and the weather is much cooler. Have a great trip!
    I've always found the end of August as pretty mellow.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Elk Grove Chris

I agree with Quentin, we have done numerous August trips and have always had a good time, generally early in the month but we have done towards the end as well. Summer is far less busy to us than Halloween time or Spring Break time. If you could, I would push early June during the week.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    Late July if you ask me. Most aps blocked out. Park fully operational. Also tourists treat Disney in a different way than die hard fans. If you have a great plan of action could be great. I go when park opens, play till lunch. Leave and chill then come back in the evening. Enjoy shows a few rides. After first fantastic and fire work show park sees a drastic drop in attendance. Whatever you choose enjoy.
    This was our experience this past summer.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

extremely early June almost still May or end of July falling into Aug.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I've always found the end of August as pretty mellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris001 View Post
    I agree with Quentin, we have done numerous August trips and have always had a good time, generally early in the month but we have done towards the end as well. Summer is far less busy to us than Halloween time or Spring Break time. If you could, I would push early June during the week.
    I haven't been to the resort in August in probably about a decade. In recent years, I have read on their website and on other sites that August is the busiest month of the year, so I've always avoided August like the plague. September is always great when I go. It's a little busier nowadays, however. I would love to attend mid to late August next year if this is in fact the case. Anyone else find this to be true? Here is the link to Disneyland's trip planning advice where they list August as the most popular time of the year to attend.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/plan/tips/when-to-visit/